Everything posted by Buckethead44
-
Scott 5 Campbell 0
That would be Luke Bray for Campbell.
-
Top Jr's in 9th Region
Kyle York and Ricky Harkins
-
Rules for transfering schools
I don't believe he moved, but I'm almost positive he lives in the Campbell County school district. Not sure if that affects his eligibility or not, but I think that is why it is trying to be appealed.
-
Rules for transfering schools
Campbell County has, or had, a new player that transferred from Calvary, but was declared ineligible because he played varsity last season. I believe that Campbell County is trying to appeal it.
-
Preseason rankings of the 10th
I think most people would agree that Campbell and Brossart should have been in the Regionals, but because it was a random draw for districts, last year that didn't happen.
-
Preseason rankings of the 10th
In baseball, any team can win on a given day. It's not like football where 90% of the time the best team will win. It is also hard to judge how 2 teams will compare in an upcoming season because most of the time people can't exactly predict how much a team really did lose from graduating seniors or whether it will affect them at all.
-
HOW MANY PITCHES
I do know pitch counts have a purpose. I was saying that I see them more as a guideline than a set rule. If a pitcher is having the best game of his life and is at 89 pitches with a limit of 90, I wouldn't let him throw just 1 more pitch and take him out. Im saying when he is that general area, give or take a few pitches based on a player's perormance and health.
-
HOW MANY PITCHES
For the most part, I agree with a lot of what you said. I definitely wouldn't pitch 7 innings, 3 times a week, but I do think you should come out of the game when you are ready, but it is a coach's judgement to determine if he really needs to come out. Most kids will say they aren't tired whne they truly are and then injuries occur. I don't think there should be an exact pitch limit. I believe pitch count should be used as a guideline to give a coach an idea of where his pitcher's arm is in terms of fatigue. If a pitcher's count is near 95 or so, it is near time to take him out. If he is on a roll, let him throw a few more pitches or get a few more outs. If he is beginning to struggle, go with a fresh arm. Your bullpen should always be active whne a pitcher gets around 85 pitches or have a pitcher ready to go if the current one gets in trouble.
-
USA Today All-Star Team Announced
I saw a segment on ESPN about a month ago on him. Pete Carrol said he offered him a scholly after seeing him play his sophomore season. He was the youngest player Pete Carrol has offered to.
-
Who are the Original "Cake Eaters"
I've always heard Highlands as "cake eaters" and Campbell County as "plow pushers."
-
Best pitchers in the 10th
All I'm saying is that I think Hurd and Robertson are one of the better 1-2 combinations in he 10th region. I'm not trying to debate how good either is or if Scott has something better. I think that Hurd and Robertson are a decent combo.
-
Best pitchers in the 10th
I did say one of the better, not the best 1-2 punches, didn't I?
-
Best pitchers in the 10th
I'd put up Hurd and Robertson from Campbell County as one of the better 1-2 punches in the 10th.
-
Top 10 Pitchers in the State
From what I hear, this kid is throwing in the 90s. Had 20 Ks in one game as a sophomore against Campbell County 2 years ago.
-
Last years seniors playing college ball.
Good to see Brockman got in somewhere. Hopefully he does well enough in the classroom and on the field to tranfer to DI or DII.
-
10th Region Next Year
I don't think anyone ahs overlooked Scott. I said before that Scott will be good for the next 2 years and other people have said Scott will compete and make the district even tougher. Everyone is mentioning Harrison because they are always good and are defending regional champs and are, as of now, the team to beat.
-
Colerain 27 Tyler Lee, Texas 12
I still find that amazing, all those rushing plays. Everyone knows it's going to be on the ground and hardly anyone can stop it. That takes a lot of talent to be able to run the ball so well when the defense knows it's coming.
-
10th Region Next Year
Travis Hurd also did that because he is a very good player. I don't think that all those sophomores have the talent of Bush or Hurd. Freshmen ball is a lot different than varsity, but if you have the talent of those Hurd or Bush, the transition is much easier. Scott has a lot of good young players, but personally, I don't think they will be completely ready for a varsity district tournament, but you never know. They could win the district or they could lose in the 1st round. A varsity team full of talented sophomores has a lot of potential, but that potential will not most likely be tapped until their junior or senior seasons. I do think Scott will be a decent team this season in '06 and a very good one next season in 2007. I just don't think that an unexperienced team of sophomores will be as competetive as a team full of experienced seniors mixed with a few juniors, unless your team is filled with Stuart Ijames's, who was a HR leader in the state last season as a sophomore and hit a walkoff HR agianst Brossart in the "All A Classic."
-
10th Region Next Year
They may be very good sophomores, but I'm guessing that most of them have never experienced a varsity game. Every one of the Camels starting postion players except 3rd base has lettered in baseball at least once. They also have 2 starting pitchers that have also lettered. Those sophomores, even though they may be talented, can't make up for that kind of depth and experience that Campbell Co. has. I agree, the district tourny will be tough with Campbell Co., Brossart, and Scott.
-
10th Region Next Year
Top teams IMO next year will be Campbell Co., Harrison, Scott, and Montgomery.
-
10th Region Next Year
I honestly think Campbell Co. will be top 3 in the region next year. They return their entire outfield, SS, and 2 starting pitchers. This is what I see CC's lineup being next year. All players are seniors except 1, so there will be good leadership to go along with talent. C- Nate Allen (sr.)- Split time last year at C with a senior. 1B- Travis Hurd (jr.)- Played behind Fuldner and Franzen last year and didn't bat much until the end of the season, but had 2 HR in less than 25 ABs. When he pitches, senior Justin Robertson will play 1B. 2B- Joe Ball (sr.)- played mostly OF last year with Joe Scharold at 2B. 3B- Austin Beal (sr.) Only player who didn't letter last year. Decent bat on JV. SS- Brett White (sr.) Will be a 3 year starter for the Camels. LF- Chris Steele (sr.) Called up from Jv at beginning of last season and started the rest of the season on varsity. Very good speed. CF- Braden McCain (sr.) CC MVP last year, good power and average. CC's 5 hitter last year. RF- Daniel Stein (sr.) Good arm from RF, puts the bat on the ball. Pitching #1 Travis Hurd #2 Justin Robertson #3 and #4 in the rotation are kinda up for grabs. Will be between Austin Beal, Charlie Loudermilk (sr.), Danny Jenkins (jr.), and Ross Riffe (jr.).
-
Who is the team that your team wants to beat more than anyone else?
Campbell County would love to beat Brossart if they had a football team, but they don't. A win over Highlands would be nice, or at least not get blown away 42-0, but since CCHS doesn't play Highlands in the 2005 season, I would say NCC.