Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

RebelK

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RebelK

  1. I hope this isn't a stupid question but where is Russell from?
  2. The orginial question does address this topic in a way. I don't really care who merges with whom and in what time frame they do it but I do know that I either heard on the news or read in the paper that the two schools would be combined next year. Is that not right or not? If it is right, then why merge a team before you merge a school. I think that's a fair question.
  3. Not to sound like I am spewing sour grapes (becaues Mercer beat us) but neither team would have been going to the state this year. Harrodsburg had some really good players last year but I didn't think they had enough players to put together a team that could have made it to the finals. I can't speak for what Mercer did because I never saw them play. Together they have formed a team that obviously no one can stop. Now here's my question and it's a fair question. How can you put the football teams together this year but not put the schools together until next year? It seems to me that if you put two schools together it should have been all of the schools at the same time and not just the football team. I've wondered if Boyle and Danville decided to put their schools together and let the football teams merge first before the actual schools what kind of out cry you would have hear all across the state. I bet you would have hear such an out cry it would still be ringing in your ears. Now this takes nothing away from this team and what they have accomplished. They have fought their battles and have won them all and they deserve to go to the state. I, however, can't quite figure out the merge of the teams before the actual merge of the schools. And you can tell me whatever you want and it obviously was done the way KHSAA wanted to do it, but it really doesn't seem fair to me that they were allowed to be in a lower class when the merge took place.
  4. I have to agree that there were some really good football players that didn't get picked. But as for it being a popularity contest - you can take it from me - My brother was picked twice when he played and now his son this first and last time. They both got picked because they really played their hearts out for their team and did it well it had nothing to do with how popular they were. Heck fire - I would dare to say that no other coaches, except the ones they played for, knew them well enough to just vote on them because they were "popular".
  5. Who is the kid that has already been given an offer at UK? Isn't he just a junior or am I just not rememebering correctly?
  6. :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa You know me too well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was leaving for Indiana around 6:30 this morning and I found the paper on our doorstep...so of course I checked out the sports.....and I did a dance around the room like a mad woman. Yes, Zane is a special part of our family and he played football an alwful lot like his father. Our whole family is so very proud of him, not only for being chosen on the first all area team, but more importanly for the fine young man he is. I am so very grateful for all these seniors and I am so glad that 5 of our young men got recongized for the fine football players that they are....so in the words of my friend PH........Let's do the twist :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa
  7. For my friends and my nephews "college godparents" Mr and MrsPh, I hope that BG goes into Louisville and comes home with a win. When we played them in the playoffs (a couple of years) some of their players seemed to be as fast as I had ever seen. They did, at that time, seem to slow down when they got behind. I can't, however, say what they are like this year. Do they have a large following at home? They never seemed to bring a lot when they came to our house.
  8. It just seemed to me that I never heard of them ever leaving their homefield. So exactly where will Mercer be playing next year...by that I mean...1A....2A...3A...which A?
  9. Has Mercer played an away game this year? If so, who? It just seems to me as if they have been playing most of their games at home this year.
  10. Move it to a field that doesn't have to be played on during the "state" playoffs. These are the same people who will be whining in a few years that the "little kids" tore up our field right before the BIG game. As you can tell - I never think that anyone other than Freshman, JV and Varsity should ever be allowed on the field - at anytime!!!!! Selfish - probably but I just don't think that field should ever be torn up by anyone but who is suppose to be on it. I don't ever remember a time, when my brothers were playing football (before high school) that they were ever on the big field. If I had to stand out in some little swamp area watching a lot of little kids run around then so should everyone else ---- makes you appreciate it more when you get to the BIG LEAGUE:D
  11. Boyle County's 'FIVE' were paid for by the boosters and by parents.
  12. They don't call me nosey for nothing:D It won't too much trouble to find out what we need. And I am serious....someone needs to keep their toes to the grind stone and make sure that the kids next year don't have to contend with what these kids had to this year. I will get back with you next spring and see what they are up to at that point.
  13. From your mouth to their ears......may they hear your warning. As I ask one of the higher - higher - uppers before our first home game - how could you have let this happen. There is no excuse - in my book - that the field wasn't ready for the first official game. Let's vote in a "watch to make sure the field is ready for next year" committee:D
  14. :thumb: :thumb: More weight than young men should have to carry - and what an example they are to those who will come after them and hopefully those who come after them won't have such a load.
  15. :thumb: :cry: :cry: :thumb: :thumb:
  16. Let me say that I tip my hat to SW. They played a good clean and honest game and I think they will probably be making the trip to Louisville this year. To LTW and Cammondo - what a thrilled it was to spend some time with you last night. I think of you as my friends and I do hope that never stops.:thumb: Before I go any further with this post, I would like to know what the rules are for people having air horns at a game. We have always had one and only use it after a touchdown but tonight one of the security guards, police (whatever he was) came over to our side and took an air horn away from a woman. Now if the rules (policy of the school) was that air horns are not allowed, I feel this person should have been told this and hopefully as an adult she would have been allowed to follow the rules. But I will have to admit that it really got to me that he took it away from her like a child. Anyone know the rules to this question. I was so proud of all these kids. These seniors played this year under a cloud that most people will never understand. I've listen to people slap them down all year and to be quite honest, it broke my heart more than once to hear all of the negative talk about them. For these kids to have played after the last meeting with SW was a testimony to their love for the game and the love for their fellow team members (freshman and JV team). For those people who say that this senior team had no talent - for those people who have said that this senior didn't want the wins -for those of you who have had only negative things to say about these seniors all year long - I really wish you had know the whole story and then perhaps you wouldn't have been so free with your negative talk. These are kids. They are kids just like your kids and they played as hard as they could under some difficult situations and each of them should be proud of what the did this year. The rest of this post will be written with a heavy heart. It is no secret to most of you that my nephew was a senior on this team. I remember when I first held him for the first time and the pride I felt in him was as strong as any feeling I'd ever had. Last night when I held him in my arms after the game, I will have to tell you that I have never been prouder of him as I was at that moment. The first time I kissed his face I was in wonder of how soft his face was. Last night when I tried to kiss is face, I ended up kissing his helmet and that's as it should have been. It hurt my heart to see how sad he was last night and to know that his time with Boyle football was over. As I told his father last night, football is a game and I think my nephew was a good player, but I do know for a fact that he is a good young man and a young man that this entire family is so very proud of. I thank each of you for letting an Aunt take the time to honor a nephew that she couldn't love anymore if she tried. For the rest of the seniors, thank you so much for all you have given each of us for the last four years. Always hold your heads up high and please always remember your time together with your fellow seniors and know that you gave it your best shot and that is all any of us could ever ask of you. I wish each of you a life full of love, laughter and good health. May each of you go out into the world and be the very best you can be. GO REBELS:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
  17. We will be there early and with bells on - see ya soon...:dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa
  18. :thumb: :thumb: I am proud of you Super.....now rumble your little self right on to the game:dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa
  19. We all know that I am not and have never been in the market to defend Pardue (this year) but I really don't think that he meant any disrespect to SW at all. We all know that SW whipped our butts at the last meeting and we will have to bring a different game this time around. These kids are different than they were form the first meeting. They have gone through a lot this year and I think that they are finally feeling as if they are worthy of a good game. It's really hard to live up to the football teams of the past and I guess what has just made me madder than an old hen this year is that people have seemed to forget something -THEY ARE NOT THE TEAMS FROM THE PAST AND SHOULDN'T BE HELD TO THAT HIGH STANDARD. they are just kids trying to play the best game that can and for that they will always have a special place in my heart. These two teams have always played a clean and honest game with each other and I don't see that this will change tonight. I have the greatest respect for the SW team, the SW fans and for my SW friends. I am truly sorry if this article was seen as a shot at SW but I truly don't think it was meant to be. When Pardue says that we will bring a different game, I don't think he was saying anything about the game that SW brought to the field at our last meeting and demeaning them in anyway. I think he was referring to his team and the way they have changed. I hope to see LTW and Cammando there tonight. Let's pray that we have an injury free game and that each of our kids have the game of their lives!!!! GO REBELS:dancingpa :dancingpa
  20. I would never think that you have jumped ship. I know where your heart is and it's right there in REBEL LAND. I say that Boyle takes this one:dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa
  21. Perhaps it isn't the case that the "Lynch Mobs" have subsided but other things have:thumb:
  22. After Friday night.....anything over freezing will be fine with me;)
  23. You would have to know Super in order to know that he really didn't mean it...or did you Super;) Or perhaps he and Rebel just danced too much Rumble Friday night:lol: :lol:
  24. Are you going to pay for my dinner;)
  25. Are they still at the same place they were 26 years ago? I remember the night we played them and I stood up next to a fence knee deep in mud. Hopefully, they have improved on their football field situation in this length of time.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.