Everything posted by RebelK
-
Henry Clay 53 Boyle County 10
Just a question - cause I'm nosey by nature:D What was/ is it about Boyle that's would make anyone want them to lose when they were on their streak? Would it be any team that's on a streak or just Boyle? All they are is a little team from a little town that never won anything until Chuck. They worked hard for everything they got and they got it in a fair and honest way, so this question has always bothered me. I do not, in anyway, mean for this to seem like a question to make trouble, it's an honest question. Thanks, RebelK
-
Henry Clay 53 Boyle County 10
Oh I wouldn't call them troubled times. It probably won't be the team that everyone is used to watching but I just betcha you can find a bunch of teams in this state in the same shape. The only time you can call it troubled times is if these kids don't give it their all and that's just not something you will ever see from this team. As much as a lot of people are enjoying seeing Boyle County have a down year, that's just how much we are pleased with these kids. You will never find a true fan from Boyle County ever saying anything bad about this team and these coaches. People need to remember that Boyle County went years without a winning season so everything we get now is just pure gravy.:thumb:
-
Henry Clay 53 Boyle County 10
Before I say what I want to say, please let me say this, Henry Clay should be proud of their team. What a powerful bunch of players they have. Boyle County got beat by a better team tonight and my hats are off to them. I will never be part of putting down any kid on any team, they work too hard for me to do that. I think that people would have to be involved with the Danville and Boyle programs to understand it. We truly do respect each other and if we get beat - well then we get beat. I think what people seem to forget is that this game is a game about kids. It has nothing to do with us adults. The kids, on all the teams of this great commonwealth, are the ones that have worked and still are working theirselves silly trying to get ready to play a game they love. So one team beats the pants off another team, that doesn't make the losing team any less than the winning team. You can't expect every team that Boyle puts on the field to be just like the teams that won all those state championships, anymore than you can expect all of your kids to be as good as the other. What I find funny is that people can't seem to get over the fact that Boyle did win those 5 state championships but they won them fair and square and no one can say any different. Boyle County may not win a lot of games this year. Boyle County may not go to the state championship game. So what? We will always be proud of our kids and the effort that they give each and every day out there preparing themselves for each Friday night. I can tell you this much, it was obvious from the start that Henry Clay was the better team last night but it did not stop me from being proud of those young men that Boyle County put on that field last night. I don't expect them to win championships but I do expect them to play the game fair and honest and for them to give their best effort and they have always done this and will continue to do this. GO REBELS!!!!!!:ylsuper: :ylsuper: :ylsuper:
-
Boyle County at Henry Clay
If I heard correctly - and I did - these kids have really worked hard this week...... GO REBELS:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
-
Anyone going to be posting updates on the Boyle vs. Henry Clay game?
Yea....We've got it covered!!!! Game kicks off at 7:30 and we will start your updates as soon as we have the first score!!! GO REBELS!!!!:banana: :banana: :banana:
-
Boyle and Henry Clay
I think Boyle will give Henry Clay a run for their money but I'm not comfortable enough to give a score. I think I'll wait until about 5 mins to go in the game and give my score:lol: :lol:
-
Danville, Boyle football game moved to Admiral Stadium
This wasn't in yesterday's paper. Where did you hear this. This makes me so mad!!!!!! They knew that the football season would start in August and they didn't make sure this field was in shape for the season. I know what everyone will say, they have to make sure the field is in shape in case we have playoff games here...................enough of that......they should have been concerned about the regular season. These kids should have been able to have their opening game at home and they shouldn't have to go to Danville and be vistors at a game that should have been at their place. I am saying nothing about Danville and their fans but this really isn't fair to the Boyle players and their fans. I suppose what these kids will be doing is playing all their games away this year. :irked: This should never happen and I think it's time some parents get together with the school system and figure out what needs to be done!!!!!!
-
Boyle County at Henry Clay
I think if I have figured it out correctly - and I have - I remember watching some little freshmen take the field for the first time 29 years ago!!!!!! Getting old are we:D Your football friend from all those years ago has another senior player this year. I hope you get in to watch him play at least one game. Not only is he a good player, he's also a very good kid!!!!:thumb:
-
Boyle County at Henry Clay
Could you get your brother to stay home and record this one for me......kinda like the game you had him record for me about 25 years ago. huh....would ya...
-
Boyle County at Henry Clay
Well hey there ya go. If Super says it's so then we are ready to rock:D I think I'll wait for a few more games before I jump ship:lol: :lol: As if that would ever happen.
-
Boyle County at Henry Clay
I'd like to see a little bit more defense this week. If we can use some more the the clock on offense and put some kids out there on defense with a little bit more experience, I feel we can give HC a game.
-
Boyle County at Henry Clay
I just went back and looked at my original schedule that I got from the newspaper and it did say Aug 25th...which would be this Friday but then someone in our family said Saturday. So was it the 25th and they changed it to the 26th???
-
Boyle County at Henry Clay
Well good gravy - can't we ever catch a game at the correct time and place:irked: I will check with my little "in the know" boy and get back with you.
-
Boyle County at Henry Clay
Great point titletownclown:thumb: As the player (Hilton) who was interviewed on WKYT Tv with Coach Pardue said, (and I do not quote) "Some teams would have thought that a 11-2 season was acceptable". It was obvious by his words that Boyle did not and does not find it acceptable. Some teams wait a lifetime to have a 11-2 season but because they are Boyle that just doesn't seem to cut it with a lot of people. This team has some young kids on it but I can just betcha that they work just as hard as any other team does. Maybe they won't beat Henry Clay and Danville and perhaps they won't make it back to the state again this year but they won't "not" reach those goals without working hard and trying. The thing about Boyle is to always expect the unexcepted. So I wouldn't count them out just yet cause there is a whole season yet to come. GO REBELS!!!!!!
-
Boyle Co. 21 Harrison Co. 6
And what I heard in the stands. That being said, I feel that whatever led up to this kid making this decision is probably his business and I won't try to hash out his reasons and what I heard or didn't hear. I'm always afraid that by saying I heard this and I heard that, someone will get something wrong and that's not fair to this young man and his family. Whatever his reason, I wish him the best - in the rest of his life.:thumb:
-
Boyle Co. 21 Harrison Co. 6
Perhaps we were seeing what those "9" sophomores could do. Perhaps we were resting the juniors and seniors. Perhaps we ........well let's just hope that we saw what we wanted to see and rested who we wanted to rest and we can play a better second half next week.
-
Boyle Co. 21 Harrison Co. 6
I think they had a let down the second half and hopefully coach will be able to get them pass that. I think the offensive line looked awesome. I wasn't as impressed with the defense as I had hoped to be. I saw some kids on the sideline, when the defense was on the field, that I thought perhaps should have been out there, but as we all know, I am not the coach. These are young kids and this first game for most of them had to be nerve racking. I think as the season goes on they will all jell together and be a very good team.
-
Male/Highlands Scrimmage has been moved to Highlands
A little " Highlands Birdy" has asked me to post the score of the scrimmage up to this point. There is 3:30 left in 2nd quarter and the score is Male 47 Highlands 23. Beaumont (from Male) has four touchdowns.
-
Boyle Co./Harrison Co. game moved.
I actually take Boyle's program very serious and if I laugh it would never be at the football players. The players are near to my heart and have been for years. I would never want anyone to misunderstand my not understanding why they can't get the field playable as laughing at these players because nothing could be further from the truth. I just have a hard time understanding why these kids aren't afforded a field that I feel they are deserving of. Again, I, in no way, meant for any of my posts to be thought of as laughing at our players. Anyone who knows me knows that nothing could be further from the truth.
-
Boyle Co./Harrison Co. game moved.
You'll have to excuse Rebel, even as a child he was never one to leave the egg counting to the very end - even when he had a head full of curls:lol: :lol: :lol:
-
Boyle Co./Harrison Co. game moved.
Yea I think you called it right......but we won't be on Red alert....we'll be on black and gold alert cause these REBELS will be smoking:D Come to think about it - perhaps Chuck left because of the field conditions.:lol: :lol: :lol: Just joking everyone;)
-
Boyle Co./Harrison Co. game moved.
Just came from the scrimmage. It was called due to the weather. I thought the field looked pretty good (the scrimmage was on the practice field) but according to my little "expert" there are places in the field that are very rough. I don't want anyone to misunderstand me and think that I am in anyway putting out team down but the field has never been in very good shape and I've looked at it for close to 30 years. What Rebel says is correct when he says that it looks better than it did when he played but that really isn't saying a lot. It doesn't bother me that we won't play our first game at home, cause MrRk will now have a good excuse to take me out to dinner, but something does have to been done about the field.
-
Boyle Co./Harrison Co. game moved.
We both know very well what the field looked like then and it truly doesn't look much better than that now:D
-
Boyle Co./Harrison Co. game moved.
:thumb: :thumb: Perhaps it will have grass growing on it by at least Sept. 29th;)
-
Boyle Co./Harrison Co. game moved.
There is never any excuse to move your opening game becaues the grass won't grow. I'll let you in on a secret - IT AIN'T GOING GROW - come up with a better plan!!!!!! It is an embarrassment to the school and to these kids. It's a good thing these kids (over the years) have played themselves into 5 state championships and 1 runner up or I have the feeling they'd make them play out in the middle of Hwy 127. These kids deserve way better than this school system is affording them. Look around this school and you'll see lush green grass everywhere but on this football field. They knew in December of 2005 that there would be a football game there in August so they can't use "we didn't know" as an excuse. I have heard all I want to here about all the experts they have out there looking at the field conditions and their plans - IT AIN'T WORKING!!!! I think it's a slap in the face of these kids and they should either need to find someone to fix it or move the field to another location.