Boyle County at Henry Clay

Rebel

Henry Clay's runningback from last season (Johnson) I think, I haven't herd much from him this season. I was thinking last year he was a Jr. (or so the program had it). Is he playing this year? Last season he himself tooked Boyle to the woodshed.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Henry Clay's runningback from last season (Johnson) I think, I haven't herd much from him this season. I was thinking last year he was a Jr. (or so the program had it). Is he playing this year? Last season he himself tooked Boyle to the woodshed.

I don't remember seeing Johnson in the Lexington Herald preview.

Good points.

Henry Clay replaces their entire offensive line, their tight end, and their quarterback from last year's 12-2 team. That is a lot to replace. However, they are still very talented and dangerous.

Their defense only returns three starters. They gave up a lot of rushing yards at Pikeville and also allowed Pikeville to easily win the time of possession. This unit must greatly improve for them to make a deep run into the playoffs this year.

Wow, such an insight(cite)ful statement. Is your conclusion based on the fact that they failed to reach the state final last year for the first time since 1998?

Great point titletownclown:thumb: As the player (Hilton) who was interviewed on WKYT Tv with Coach Pardue said, (and I do not quote) "Some teams would have thought that a 11-2 season was acceptable". It was obvious by his words that Boyle did not and does not find it acceptable.

Some teams wait a lifetime to have a 11-2 season but because they are Boyle that just doesn't seem to cut it with a lot of people. This team has some young kids on it but I can just betcha that they work just as hard as any other team does. Maybe they won't beat Henry Clay and Danville and perhaps they won't make it back to the state again this year but they won't "not" reach those goals without working hard and trying. The thing about Boyle is to always expect the unexcepted. So I wouldn't count them out just yet cause there is a whole season yet to come. GO REBELS!!!!!!

I'm hearing that the game has been or might be moved to Saturday to be on TV. Has anybody else herd this?

Well good gravy - can't we ever catch a game at the correct time and place:irked: I will check with my little "in the know" boy and get back with you.:D