Boyle County at Henry Clay

Rebel

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't moved. The schedules have had it on Saturday all along.

I just went back and looked at my original schedule that I got from the newspaper and it did say Aug 25th...which would be this Friday but then someone in our family said Saturday. So was it the 25th and they changed it to the 26th???

I would like to know why Henry Clay is ranked so high. Is it becasue no one else in the region is really jumping out? I know Scott County is the top team and they brought back a lot of players, but it seems to me that there are a bunch of teams in the region such as Henry Clay, Dunbar, GRC, Lafayette, Madison Central, maybe even Tates Creek that are all fighting for that #2 spot behind Scott. It just seems to me that HC lost a lot of good players and while they can replace them, I am not sure how far they are along. There just seems to be a lot of young players and unknowns in the Lexington area this year. Could such a high ranking be due to having a very publicized player in Minnifield?

I am not trying to take a shot at Henry Clay, I was just wondering if they replaced all of that firepower so quickly.

Your points are very accurate. I think Henry Clay is overrated this year at this point. They lost some outstanding players last year and do not have a lot of experienced talent returning. They do have some outstanding returning playmakers in Minnifield, Jeter, and Boyd. They have some young, potentially outstanding newcomers who need to learn quickly at the varsity level and, if they do, the Blue Devils could be good come playoff time.

I would like to know why Henry Clay is ranked so high. Is it becasue no one else in the region is really jumping out? I know Scott County is the top team and they brought back a lot of players, but it seems to me that there are a bunch of teams in the region such as Henry Clay, Dunbar, GRC, Lafayette, Madison Central, maybe even Tates Creek that are all fighting for that #2 spot behind Scott. It just seems to me that HC lost a lot of good players and while they can replace them, I am not sure how far they are along. There just seems to be a lot of young players and unknowns in the Lexington area this year. Could such a high ranking be due to having a very publicized player in Minnifield?

I am not trying to take a shot at Henry Clay, I was just wondering if they replaced all of that firepower so quickly.

One thing's for sure, when it comes to contenders, Tates Creek has to be one if GRC is one, refrencing Tates Creek's week 1 win over GRC.

Back on Topic, I think this will be a good game, but Henry Clay has what kills, and that is speed. In my opinion Henry Clay 34-21 over Boyle Co.

There is little doupt that Henry Clay will be a huge test for Boyle Co, especially since this game is on HCs home turf. BC has the skills and strength but must find the heart to step up against the odds and take it to Henry Clay for 4 quarters. The defensive ends have to contain and the backfield must play heads-up ball and get more agressive. The offense has to control the clock and put points on the board. That means catching passes and staying on the blocks to make holes for the running game. BCs biggest obstacles are the penalties and themselves. I think this game will be a slug fest and that BC will come out on top by at least 3.

Boyle Co. will win this game.Why? Because I said so.:D

Well hey there ya go. If Super says it's so then we are ready to rock:D I think I'll wait for a few more games before I jump ship:lol: :lol: As if that would ever happen.:D

Boyle needs a QB (don't care which one) to step up and lead this team. Both QB's are talented but have failed to "take the reigns" of this team and lead them. We were spoiled I believe by Johnson, Duggins, and Smith. Everyone seems to think that our best QB is naturally going to succeed in the system but as time passes we will realize how good each of those three truly were.

Todays newspaper artical on the game this weekend.

http://www.amnews.com/public_html/?module=displaystory&story_id=24332&format=html

Saturday's game will be shown live on WTVQ-TV (Channel 36). The station will air a 30-minute pregame show starting at 7 p.m. that will be hosted by news anchor Tom Kenny and sports reporter Kent Spencer, who was in Danville Wednesday gathering information for the show. WTVQ sports anchor Greg Hammond will be on the air for the game telecast. Kickoff for the game is scheduled for 7:30.

Todays newspaper artical on the game this weekend.

http://www.amnews.com/public_html/?module=displaystory&story_id=24332&format=html

Saturday's game will be shown live on WTVQ-TV (Channel 36). The station will air a 30-minute pregame show starting at 7 p.m. that will be hosted by news anchor Tom Kenny and sports reporter Kent Spencer, who was in Danville Wednesday gathering information for the show. WTVQ sports anchor Greg Hammond will be on the air for the game telecast. Kickoff for the game is scheduled for 7:30.

Could you get your brother to stay home and record this one for me......kinda like the game you had him record for me about 25 years ago. huh....would ya...:D