Boyle Co. 21 Harrison Co. 6

Admiral

I heard that this might be a long year for the Breds, glad to see that they have some fight in 'em. Holding Boyle to 21 points is nothing to be ashamed of. Hopefully with teams like Boyle, The Rock, and Lex Cath on the schedule this year, The Breds will be ready for the NKY teams come playoff time.

Basically after the 21 points, it was a game of pretty good boyle d-fense with the exception of a some secondary miscues. Boyle offense struggled. Young quarterback and no crispness. Harrison's d-fense played tough and well. They brought 8 or 9 up front quite a bit and boyle could not take advantage. Hat's off to them. They also have a very good athlete in #15. He had a very good game. Boyle starts 7 soph's on defense and they will need to grow up quickly but they played well last night.

Basically after the 21 points, it was a game of pretty good boyle d-fense with the exception of a some secondary miscues. Boyle offense struggled. Young quarterback and no crispness. Harrison's d-fense played tough and well. They brought 8 or 9 up front quite a bit and boyle could not take advantage. Hat's off to them. They also have a very good athlete in #15. He had a very good game. Boyle starts 7 soph's on defense and they will need to grow up quickly but they played well last night.

I'm sure some first game jitters had alot to do with miscues. I'm sure as the season grows longer they will clean alot of that up.

I thought the Rebels looked really good the first quarter and a half of the game. After that it was a very close and hard fought battle. Hats off to the Thoroughbreds, they didn't give up after getting down 21-0 early. BC Sophomores are going to have step it up though, if we plan to be a contender. Hopefully, BC can eliminate the penalties early this season and not let it be a thorn in our side "all season" like it was last year.

I know a lot of expectations are being put on the Sophomore class, but the Seniors have to step up and lead them by example. There's a big difference in maturity/strength between 15 year old Sophomores and 17 year old Seniors. I see tremendous potential from this team, but they will be tested early and often as the pre district schedule promises to be very tough.

Overall, good job Rebels...

I think they had a let down the second half and hopefully coach will be able to get them pass that. I think the offensive line looked awesome. I wasn't as impressed with the defense as I had hoped to be. I saw some kids on the sideline, when the defense was on the field, that I thought perhaps should have been out there, but as we all know, I am not the coach. These are young kids and this first game for most of them had to be nerve racking. I think as the season goes on they will all jell together and be a very good team.

I know my friend had a son who was a starting Defensive lineman for the Rebels. He had a hand injury this summer and missed alot of practice. Coach Pardue kicked him off the team due to him saying he was holding back the team. I know the kid was a helleva player. Bayless was his name. I don't know the whole story but I know they could have used him.