Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

TubbyCAT

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by TubbyCAT

  1. Not the easiest thing in the world to motivate HS kids, let alone HS girls! Every team has tough losses or losses they should not have had. I actually put very little into the rankings on this site and more in the rankings by those who see all the teams and who really can rank them!
  2. It seems to me people are hung up on how these girls played against St. Patrick two times during the season. Coach Kelsch does his work, he works w/his players, and he has them prepared as any coach can. How that translates over to the game and floor, most times is out of the coaches hands. It is their job to motivate, but some players just cannot be reached while others can be. Pretty tough to judge a team and/or coach on 2 games. There is a lot of young talent @ BCHS, let's see what happens over the course of a couple of seasons!
  3. I never said that Flynn could not coach, just has not had a great deal of success in the last 10 years and that is a FACT! His time at Bourbon, was average at the very best! He may do wanders at Highlands, I hope if he is the choice he does do well! I was just pointing out the obvious!
  4. Have not heard that. Heard that a position that former coach, Jason Hinson had, was done away with due to the tough economic times!
  5. Do not know about those college claims, but Coach Robin Kelsch is VERY under rated in the 10th region and the surrounding area! He runs a clean, respectable program and shows all his kids great love. His teams show up every night, they compete, and they play hard. All are things that will help you be successful in life! His kids are mannerly, polite, and always look nice and appropriate! He also does all of this, w/one of the smallest spending budgets in the entire state of Kentucky!
  6. You are right nothing much done at Ashland either, Coach Flynn has lived off of the success he had while he was at Holmes!
  7. Will Coach Conder be able to keep the downswing from happening? Time will tell!
  8. Mike Flynn has a proven track record, but ultimately has not been overly successful in years! Did VERY little while @ Bourbon County!
  9. Not really a surprise hire!
  10. What truth are you talking about? Please inform me because I am very interested in the truth! Doubt we will agree, but please let us all in on what you think you know!
  11. That's the thing, making a a good, informative decision. I think Coach Miles would be a great hire, but he has the chips stacked against him because the last few coaches came in and left abruptly. He may never get a real clear shot at the job because of that and that to me is the real shame here. As far as the shooting contest, bottom line: Kelsch is and will always be the better player/shooter. How many points you score in the YMCA league or at ole Germantown gym really means little!
  12. Not for certain how this topic came up, but it at least it adds some more intrigue to an already testy and dramatic situation! Never seen so many people in a small county on pins and needles about a coaching hire. That can't be all bad though! Shooter or hitter, regardless it went in! Hinson may be quicker than Kelsch now!
  13. Hinson is NO-WHERE near the shooter Patrick Kelsch is, no offense to Jason and his ability, but fact is fact!:thumb:
  14. In defense of the TheSportsAnimal, I also heard that an announcement was coming a couple of weeks ago, but we all know how rumors are. Technically, the job has to stay open for 30 days, but I am pretty certain that interviews do not have to be given, especially w/no teaching openings which was the case at one point. It makes me think that something has changed with this situation. With teaching positions opening, if any, maybe they want to look outward. Obviously, the hiring from within is still a possibility, but they could hire from w/in w/out all of this process and what seems to be a bit of drama! Perhaps, they are going through the motions and already know who will be the coach! Wouldn't surprise me a bit and I still hear it is Persinger's job to lose!
  15. Hannah Haight could certainly handle that role--she is a ballplayer! Is she mentally tough enough? I personally think so! Does she have the killer instinct mentality that that type of player needs? I don't know about that just from watching her. I think she could become that player for this team and it would be of great benefit to the Lady Bears to have that!
  16. Just got word, NO interviews this week! Applications were sent to the HS today from the Board Office. Everything is in the hands of the principal now! Here is hoping that the Site Based Council and the principal will get things going and set up the interviews. Interview and then hire, SOON! Would that Campbell assistant be former Bracken grad, Brad Riley?
  17. McGovney is a tremendous ball player and does seem like a great kid! I think he has a very big-time upside. I have seen him play many times over the last 3 seasons. Wish he would develop a bit more of a killer instinct!
  18. I was told that interviews would be this week!
  19. Wow! That is going to be VERY interesting! It says this will be used where this is available! So does that mean, which I am sure it does, not every school is going to have this!
  20. Cody or Byars would work!
  21. A solid PG who can handle the rock to start, they need that more than anything!
  22. I think it is pretty clear that the debacle w/Coach Breeze and his position @ WKU can be summed up as a JOKE!!! Had a little research been done by those in charge of the hire then that could have been a situation that could have been avoided. I mentioned that the guy was from UHA, where he is from has nothing to do w/this possibly being a great hire! The reason it would be a great hire, a number of reasons: the guy can coach, he has proven and documented success, he has helped turn programs around, he has a passion and desire to build something, he would start w/an elementary program and work up, he has connections--that is important, he would move to and live in the area, and he would stay to see it through! At least as well qualified as the other names mentioned!
  23. I agree with the sentiments about Coach Hinson, but I would be SHOCKED beyond belief if he gets this job! By the way, UHA, is the University Heights in Hop-Town and it would be a GREAT hire! HAPPY MOTHER's DAY to all the mothers out there!
  24. I hear interviews are next week. I find it very interesting as well, as to if the job was one of these men ( Hinson/Persinger) why have they not been already hired. A hiring would not interfere with state testing. Of the two, I would prefer Hinson to coach my son if I had a son in that district. He is very passionate, energetic, and works very hard. He seems to get the most out of his players and they play very hard for him. I don't think he has much of a chance to get the job, unfortunately! I was told the job was Persinger's and an announcement was coming, now I even wander. Now, I have been told it is Persinger's to lose! There is word that another person will be interviewed. An assistant coach from UHA is the word!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.