Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Geoff Cody hired at Paris

Featured Replies

A formal anouncement will be made later, but I just confirmed that Geoff Cody will be the next coach at Paris HS.

Congrats to a great man and great coach. I wish him the best of luck!

A formal anouncement will be made later, but I just confirmed that Geoff Cody will be the next coach at Paris HS.

Congrats to a great man and great coach. I wish him the best of luck!

 

Can you tell us something about him. I am not real familar with that name.

  • Author
Can you tell us something about him. I am not real familar with that name.

 

I don't know much about him. I've gotten to know him throughout the last couple of years with my "other job" and through a mutual friend.

I know he is a Paris grad and has been on the bench the last couple years as an assistant. Currently, he is the AD at Paris.

That's about all I've got, sorry.

I don't know much about him. I've gotten to know him throughout the last couple of years with my "other job" and through a mutual friend.

I know he is a Paris grad and has been on the bench the last couple years as an assistant. Currently, he is the AD at Paris.

That's about all I've got, sorry.

 

Thanks, now I can put a face with the name.

Great hire for the Hounds. He'll do a great job. Don't confuse him with Coach Barr just because he sat on his bench. Totally different approach and philosophy.

Hopefully the hounds hoops community will rally around him.

 

Good luck to Head Coach Cody!

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think he graduated high scholl from Knott Co Central, as he has family still in Knott Co and I think he might have even played in the state tourney for them.

I thought he was a Knott Co. Central grad, who played college ball at Alice Lloyd.

I played baskeball with Geoff Cody at Alice Lloyd. He is a great guy. I'm happy to hear this.

I thought he was a Knott Co. Central grad, who played college ball at Alice Lloyd.

 

:thumb:

  • Author
Correct me if I am wrong, but I think he graduated high scholl from Knott Co Central, as he has family still in Knott Co and I think he might have even played in the state tourney for them.

 

I thought he was a Knott Co. Central grad, who played college ball at Alice Lloyd.

 

I played baskeball with Geoff Cody at Alice Lloyd. He is a great guy. I'm happy to hear this.

 

 

See, I told you I didn't know much about him! :lol:

Well here is a quick list:

 

Derek Robinson-Western

Chez Marks- Morehead

Preston LeMaster-UK

Alvin Sims-Louisville

Clinton Sims-Boston College then Eastern

Corey Williams-maybe the greatest player ever to play in the tenth region! Kinda the Lloyd Daniels of his day!

Jason Earlywine- rated in the top 10 of his class nationally during freshman year, didn't go D-1 but still something to hang your hat on.

Above is in reference to the talent that has came out of Paris/Bourbon Co. High Schools.

Well here is a quick list:

 

Derek Robinson-Western

Chez Marks- Morehead

Preston LeMaster-UK

Alvin Sims-Louisville

Clinton Sims-Boston College then Eastern

Corey Williams-maybe the greatest player ever to play in the tenth region! Kinda the Lloyd Daniels of his day!

Jason Earlywine- rated in the top 10 of his class nationally during freshman year, didn't go D-1 but still something to hang your hat on.

 

 

 

That is just 1990-2002. Pretty impressive. With the exception of Williams (who couldve been a lottery pick) all those guys had good college careers as well. Since 2002, Deron Brown went to Morehead and started as a freshman. That was the only one to come out of the town since. Talent has dropped off slightly. Both programs can still win. Combine them and they will be real good.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.