Paris Job

Juan Byers is the middle school coach. Played high school at Paris and I think college at Louisville.

Juan Byars is the Middle School coach. He played basketball at Kentucky State, after transferring from a year at Norfolk St. From my understanding, he is the other guy they interviewed.

I don't know much at all about Geoff Cody, probably a very good candidate, but I think Juan would be a much better fit for the conditions at PHS, and would be such a plus for the community. He did a very good job at FHS, and I believe he was the coach of the year that year. The area still has some talent, but not alot of interest over the past few years, Juan could bring it back.

I don't know much at all about Geoff Cody, probably a very good candidate, but I think Juan would be a much better fit for the conditions at PHS, and would be such a plus for the community. He did a very good job at FHS, and I believe he was the coach of the year that year. The area still has some talent, but not alot of interest over the past few years, Juan could bring it back.

What year was he there? Just wanting to know, not saying you are wrong. Both are within district correct?

Terence Brooks has shown with the girls program that you can win at Paris. I'm not sure the boys program can annually challenge for a 10th Region title (there are some big-time programs in that region), but there's no reason that can't be more competitive and be a lead contender for the All "A" Region title.

Edited by gold sunrise
Was trying to quote.

Terence Brooks has shown with the girls program that you can win at Paris. I'm not sure the boys program can annually challenge for a 10th Region title (there are some big-time programs in that region), but there's no reason that can't be more competitive and be a lead contender for the All "A" Region title.

I agree on being more competitive with the All A. Coming out of the 40th district will be a challenge. Clark is loaded for the next 2 years, and should win the district. Montgomery Co usually has a very competitive team. Bourbon is rebuilding, but still see it hard for them or Paris to advance out of the 40th in the next few years.

I am very interested on who gets this coaching job as Paris is in our district. Hope we hear something soon.

I agree on being more competitive with the All A. Coming out of the 40th district will be a challenge. Clark is loaded for the next 2 years, and should win the district. Montgomery Co usually has a very competitive team. Bourbon is rebuilding, but still see it hard for them or Paris to advance out of the 40th in the next few years.

I am very interested on who gets this coaching job as Paris is in our district. Hope we hear something soon.

You are certainly correct about GRC being loaded for a few more years. Paris could be very competitive in the years to come if you can get the kids to come out again, alot of talent still around. The right coach has to be there for the program to come back. There isn't much going on during the summer with AAU, Juan knows the importance of getting the young players involved early, and it would take him to get them out, it has been working for Terrence and the girls program. Juan is capable and qualified, I hope they give him the opportunity.