Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tubby's Best Friend

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Tubby's Best Friend

  1. I have to give a big thanks to my cell phone friends for the last two nights. They kept me updated during every tense moment. I hate to complain about this baseball-softball deal, but as a HUGE Rambler fan I had to make a choice whether to watch our boys or girls. I had to miss the final games of Seniors, Thomas Tolliver, Kory Darby, Josh Miller, and Nate Reynolds. What a season to remember! All of us Raceland fans are proud to have had the pleasure to watch you guys make a little Rambler History. Hate that I had to miss this Classic game, maybe I could have pushed across the game winning run in 7 had I been there to support my team. Congratulations...
  2. Summer basketball begins tomorrow at Raceland High School. Come out and enjoy the games. See a preview of the 06-07 season. Below is the schedule for tomorrow's games. 4:00 Greenup Co. vs. Fairview 4:00 Ashland vs. Rock Hill, OH 5:00 West Carter vs. South Point, OH 5:00 Ashland vs. Fairview 6:00 Raceland vs. South Point, OH 6:00 Rock Hill, OH vs. West Carter Other teams participating in the league are: Russell, Boyd Co., East Carter, and Lewis Co.
  3. Base hit wins it for Boyd. What a game. Congrats to both teams in what must have been a dandy. WISH I COULD HAVE SEEN IT.....
  4. Boyd has the bases loaded with nobody out.
  5. Close games always breed a little controversy. Congrats to both teams. LOVE THOSE LADY RAMS......
  6. Raceland strands 1 in the 8th. Boyd coming to bat in the bottom of the inning.
  7. :madman: I STILL SAY WE SHOULDNT PUT THE SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL ON THE SAME NIGHT.:madman: I'M MISSING AN ESPN INSTANT CLASSIC...
  8. Boyd leaves runners on 1st and 3rd in the bottom of the 7th. We are going EXTRA INNINGS. Aaron Morgan replaced Matt Phillips for the final out of the 7th. It appears Phillips may have had an injury or ailment. He has had some arm trouble during the season.
  9. Raceland Wireless... LOL. Just getting updates from my pals at the game. I decided to go to the softball game. I still think it is bad to put the softball and baseball opposite each other on the same night.
  10. Score is tied 5-5 going to the top of the 7th. Ramblers have the top of the order up.
  11. Very good day indeed. It's a shame us fans have to make a decision upon whom to follow, the boys or girls. I feel all attempts should be made to schedule the tournaments at different times, if possible. I know it cant be perfect since you have to complete it prior to the next step, but it seems like you could certainly plan the semi's and finals at times where you could attend both tourneys. Just gives both tournaments the chance to make more cash.
  12. Lady Rams reach the championship game. Along with baseball in the title game as well. IT'S A GREAT DAY TO BE A RAM.
  13. Raceland comes from behind to reach the Region Championship. Lady Rams in the Softball Championship also. IT'S A GREAT DAY TO BE A RAM.
  14. Woody, I've been backing you up in that Football thread for a week now and you root against my Ramblers. What is most important your allegiance to your Tomcats or our newfound friendship????????
  15. OldRambler. I thought it was quite humorous. Hopefully you can see the lighthearted nature of the post and its reference to Baseball's plight. I guess I need to find some Andro and try to keep up.:thumb:
  16. I felt like they should have put 1-4 in a hat, draw them out and do the same for 5-8. That puts all teams in the rotation but doesnt set up the chance you have the nightmare 1-8 game. Plus it does keep the seperation of East-West.
  17. If you use a geographic breakdown of the schools, why not split them with 27 in the East side and 27 in the West? You guys that talk about it being perfect the way it is never mention the fact that it is split 30-24. With 30 in the East. The current format splits the Jefferson Co. teams and "balances" the layout. With 30-24. If I shift the teams to the same 30-24 but put all of Jefferson in the West, I am irrational. That is mind boggling to me. Talk about reason...... Why is it not the same when you have 30-24 whether it is West-East or East-West. All you all point to is purely semantics. This team is a natural rival, why split them up? This team is here and you dont let them play there. THAT HAPPENS ALL ACROSS THE STATE. One of Raceland's historical rivals has been Paintsville. They are about an hour away. Yet they split us years ago. EVERY TEAM in our district except for Fairview is further than Paintsville geographically. Lex Christian, Bath Co, Berea, Nicholas Co., Paris. Now all of these except Bath (which is about the same distance) are closer to Danville and Frankfort, than Raceland and Fairview. BUT Danville and Frankfort are in the West side. And the above mentioned teams are not only in the East, but Raceland and Fairview have to drive nearly 2 hours to play all 5 teams. Berea is about 35 miles from Danville, yet drive over 100 miles to play Raceland and Fairview. I keep looking for common sense and cant find it. We can look at every class and argue things such as these that make no sense. But when I show that breakdown it is CLEARLY just as fair to put Jefferson on one side as to split them, if you are not going to try to put the same number of teams 27 on each side. It IS just as fair to have 30 in the West as it is now to have 30 in the East. If you guys cant see that I am finished. I've never said my way is perfect, but it certainly is just as fair as it currently is. Plain and Simple.
  18. No disrespect toward East Carter, they had a fantastic season. But I dont see how their loss all of a sudden gives Boyd a big edge. Boyd beat East during the season 15-6. And their closest game inside the region was 7 runs. EXCEPT the game against Raceland that they LOST 3-1. We will see if Boyd can negotiate 25 game winner Russell and either 25 game winner Raceland or 19 game winner Ashland. Regardless, it looks like they have to earn their way to the Sectional.
  19. Lady Rams got off to a great start with a 9 spot in the top of the 1st. And never looked back. Lady Rams put the ball in play and kept a lot of pressure on the Lady Cougars. All of the girls had nice games, a great team win. Good Luck against Boyd Co. in the semis.
  20. Nice win for the Ramblers. Good Luck tomorrow.
  21. Good Luck to the Ryle faithful. There is another thread about Randy Cooper in the general discussion that has some heartfelt posts about a great guy. Prayers and comfort to all of those effected by his passing.
  22. I feel the brackets I laid out are every bit as viable as the current KHSAA. And I did the leg work and posted it. What do you feel is the glaring problem with my district layout? Lets talk about it.:thumb:
  23. I used a county map of the state of Kentucky, looked into the schools locations and put together a layout of 30 teams in the west side and 24 in the East, EXACTLY as the KHSAA has it now except I flip flopped the 30 in the East and 24 in the West, as it currently is. I also kept the same breakdown of number of schools in each district. You guys talk about 7 and 8 teams in a district and that IS the way it is NOW. If I was going to lay out a perfect scenerio I would have altered it, but I wanted to show how easy it was geographically to put all of the Louisville schools in one side without spliting them. You guys cant argue about sending Simon Kenton out of a N.KY. District with a straight face and then say that Jefferson Co can be split in an East and West bracket? Give me a break. You talk about the current setup is how it should be. I can point out several items, but to me the most glaring is just as my buddy 02Ram54 said is STUPID. How about Barren Co. being in the same district with Graves??? What about 200 miles? Why not have then in with the Hardin's district which is roughly 50 or 60 miles. We can set here and pick apart every layout of the state, the KHSAA, Mine, Ram, whoever. There will always be some things like my above example that make you scratch your head. In Class A Raceland and Fairview both have Paintsville and Pikeville roughly an 1:15 to 1:45 apart, yet they play Berea, Paris, Nicholas, and Lex Christian with all of these pushing 2 plus hours away. I never said the layout I show was perfect, nor advocating it. Just saying that it is every bit as good as the current and places the teams basically as the KHSAA in the same numbers they use but I have shifted the Louisville schools to the West together. Geographically my layout is every bit as good or better than what is currently in place. IN MY OPINION.
  24. My inside sources tell me that Yeagle will be the next head coach at Ohio power - Ironton.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.