Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

the mathemagician

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by the mathemagician

  1. Has all the ingredients to be a dandy. If Clay doesn't step up their level of play, they will be dismissed by the Skins.
  2. Red Bird turns to BLUE Birds.... Bell 74 Bird 43 Red Bird did surprise me by playing Clay relatively close, but I just feel like Bell comes out to make a statement. Jerry, Calvin, Billy, Rodger, and Steve ... the "Red" Birds from Corbin would have a better shot.
  3. \ Couldn't have said it better. Hounds were beaten b4 they took the floor. Very disappointing.
  4. A shout out goes to John Smith. He's a great scorer and is fun to watch.
  5. The Bird takes a bath... Clay 73 R'Bird 45 Bird has lost to OBI 3 times on the year, so they likely won't challenge Clay. However, they have shown that on a night when all goes right they can be competitive(beat Pineville and North Laurel).
  6. You can play the "Team A beat Team B" game all you want, but the fact is South, Bell, Corbin, and Pineville are clearly top four teams, though Knox and Clay could pull a surprise if Bell, Corbin, or Pineville fails to play up to par. I just know that the Clay team I have watched hasn't impressed me. If Corbin and Clay played 100 times on a neutral floor, the Hounds win 80-90 of them.
  7. The Bobby Keith magic is over. Those days are gone. Clay is a middle of the pack team now. South, Bell, and Corbin are the top tier programs in the 13th.
  8. If the Hounds lose to South, I hope they draw Clay in the first round(if Clay can get by Redbird). Clay would be the weakest of any district winner.
  9. Beating the Clay County team I watched@ Corbin would definately not make anyone's season, except maybe Evarts. Clay is nothing special anymore. Just another so-so 13th region team.
  10. Lost respect for Spurlock when he slammed his fist on the scoring table at halftime of the Corbin game. Scared poor ole Gus Clouse to death. Seems Spurlock already fits in very well with Clay County.
  11. Redbird can beat NORTH on a given night.
  12. I agree. Mike Deaton is as good a coach as you will find anywhere. He will have Whitley in the mix very soon. Count on it.
  13. Jackson Co. must have had some internal issues this year. They are clearly the region's most disappointing team. Hays is a good coach. Could he just not get this group to buy in, or what?
  14. Whitaker has done a fine job, but he has done it with a pretty experienced team that was expected to be near the top in the region. Pietrowski has had success this year with a very young team that he has brought along very well. Corbin was not projected as a top tier regional threat at season's beginning. I'll vote for Coach P. because of Corbin's growth from summer til now.
  15. I speak with the utmost respect and love in my heart for Clay Co. There will never be another Bob Keith. I heard him on the radio a couple of months ago talking about his '87 team with Farmer and Co. The guy can remember facts and figures of not only his own players, but opposing players as well. He could even click off their college stats. Keith was an amazing presence and also a very intimidating one, especially in Manchester where most of the bizarreness happened. I doubt if the Taliban has a H.S. team but if they did I suppose I would have to don a turban and root for them over the Tigers. But good luck and best wishes to the Tigers the rest of the season.
  16. Great tradition, indeed. Some terrific players over the years. Also, I observed things in Manchester that rose to the level of grand larceny, most of it during the Keith administration.
  17. I am wanting to say something like 129 they supposedly "won" in Manchester. I think when they finally did lose they wanted to say it didn't count. Seems like the team was from Australia. Heck, if the Taliban played the Tigers, I'd root for the little Jihads!
  18. When was the last time Clay lost at home by 25 points or more?
  19. What has happened to the Tigers? I like it...A LOT! That hour long talk by Spurlock after the Corbin game must have really fired 'em up for the Pineville game.
  20. 67-62 has been sticking in my head all week. Let's say Hounds by 5.
  21. The Tigers and Hounds meet this Friday in Corbin in what may be a preview of an opening round regional matchup in Corbin in a few weeks. The Hounds are playing some of their better basketball of the season and the Tigers can compete with anyone in the region on a given night. Could be a good ole good one in C' Town Friday. Thoughts?
  22. True "fans" can't be critical in any way can they? lol One poster questioned Corbin's"watered-down" schedule and thus he must not be a true fan? (GMAB) Kinda reminds me of those of us who question the President's actions and are labeled as "unpatriotic." The problem is some "fans" cross the line and become fanatics. This can clearly be seen in the actions of many UK fan"atics." There is nothing wrong with having opinions, even ones that are critical. I worry less about fans who are critics than I do about fans who are fanatics. Oh, by the way, if the Corbin '07 Hounds don't go deep into the playoffs, the fans should be full of questons.
  23. To compete well with the Cardsby year's end, the Hounds are gonna have to improve a lot. They certainly have a lot of growth potential. At this point, if the two teams met 100 times, Corbin is lucky to win once.
  24. I think South, Bell, and Corbin will prove to be the class of the 13th .
  25. Cumberland, Pineville, and Jackson above Corbin?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.