Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

South Laurel 86 Corbin 68

Featured Replies

Final score. Jordan Hammonds lit the Hounds up in the first half, I think he had 23 at halftime. Corbin made a run to close to 8 in the third but Ty Proffitt and Trey Smith really stepped up to push South back out by as much as 23. Nice win at Corbin for South Laurel.

  • Replies 46
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hammonds finished with 29...I thought Corbin's youthfulness showed tonight.

Crawford scored 28.

Crawford played well tonight, if someone else would step up and take some of the pressure off him, Corbin will be a very tough team to beat.

The big three for South played well and Corbin's young kids had a hard time tonight...Hammonds and Crawford were the best players on the floor tonight...Things will get better for Corbin as the young kids get more big game experience, just not sure they will improve fast enough to get South by district time...

Crawford played well tonight, if someone else would step up and take some of the pressure off him, Corbin will be a very tough team to beat.

 

Johnson has been very consistent this year for Corbin, he just never got into the flow of the game tonight. Barley, who played real well after coming back from the stomach flu never had a chance to play tonight(only seemed to play around 4-5 minutes before fouling out) as every time he got close to Proffit he was whistled for a foul, but that's another story altogether.

 

I really like Corbin's chances later in the year against South.

I like Corbin's chances later in the year too. Corbin will get much better due to youth where South is pretty seasoned already. With that said, good win for South Laurel. Hammonds is lights out and I wished him coming to Corbin could have worked out. Talk about a 1/2 punch. I think Crawford and Hammons are clearly the two best players in the region without any question. Proffit is a solid player and leader but Josh and Jordan are game changers.

 

I'm glad that things didn't get ugly at halftime when South tried to take over Corbin's student section. I also liked Corbin's students entrance with the big pipe player. Pretty Clever.

South was the better team tonight. Hammonds seems to always play good against the Hounds. Proffitt is a nice player. Notre Dame may have got a steal in him. Crawford is a beast. IF he got some of the calls Hammonds and Proffitt have earned he would have gotten 40 tonight. I hate the " Flop" they seem to get awarded fouls on. If you give that call to one player then you have to give it to everyone. Three times in one game is a bit much. But I can not blame them for milking it for all it is worth. They are smart players who understand how to play the game. Good atmosphere and crowd. I think the young Hounds needed this to show them more weaknesses to work on. Best of luck to both teams. I think they may meet a couple to three more times this season.

South was the better team tonight. Hammonds seems to always play good against the Hounds. Proffitt is a nice player. Notre Dame may have got a steal in him. Crawford is a beast. IF he got some of the calls Hammonds and Proffitt have earned he would have gotten 40 tonight. I hate the " Flop" they seem to get awarded fouls on. If you give that call to one player then you have to give it to everyone. Three times in one game is a bit much. But I can not blame them for milking it for all it is worth. They are smart players who understand how to play the game. Good atmosphere and crowd. I think the young Hounds needed this to show them more weaknesses to work on. Best of luck to both teams. I think they may meet a couple to three more times this season.

 

Profitt actually fell down on about half of his shots, it got to the point that the Hounds were afraid to contest his shot. I was impressed with Smith & Hammonds for South Laurel tonight, they just played hard & well without all the theatrics and lobbying.

Profitt actually fell down on about half of his shots, it got to the point that the Hounds were afraid to contest his shot. I was impressed with Smith & Hammonds for South Laurel tonight, they just played hard & well without all the theatrics and lobbying.

 

 

Maybe he just wanted to be part of the attention since sometimes the officals try to be the main act on the floor. Can not recall a game where they had to wipe the floor so much due to all the falls of one player. As I mentioned earlier if the shoe fits wear it. In a game like that one you usually do not see calls like the ones made. I liked it when Wilson about 125 pounds was called for knocking down Hammonds 235 and St.John 250.......that has to be a classic...they actually hit each other and Wilson grabs the ball....the offical called Wilson for knocking them down. If he is that strong then he needs to be in the backfield for Coach Jewell mowing over linebackers next season.

Maybe he just wanted to be part of the attention since sometimes the officals try to be the main act on the floor. Can not recall a game where they had to wipe the floor so much due to all the falls of one player. As I mentioned earlier if the shoe fits wear it. In a game like that one you usually do not see calls like the ones made. I liked it when Wilson about 125 pounds was called for knocking down Hammonds 235 and St.John 250.......that has to be a classic...they actually hit each other and Wilson grabs the ball....the offical called Wilson for knocking them down. If he is that strong then he needs to be in the backfield for Coach Jewell mowing over linebackers next season.

 

Wilson might weigh 125 next year when he is a sophomore, but he must not be a 110 lb. weakling to be able to mow them two big boys down and not even hit the floor himself. I thought I saw Coach Jewell talking to him after the game though.:D

That one official did appear to want to be the main attraction tonight........but most people have come to expect it.

The bottom line is the better team won tonight. Coach P will get his Redhounds ready for Florida and continue to prove, but after seeing South win at Corbin tonight has proved to me they're going to be VERY hard to dethrone in the 13th Region.

The bottom line is the better team won tonight. Coach P will get his Redhounds ready for Florida and continue to prove, but after seeing South win at Corbin tonight has proved to me they're going to be VERY hard to dethrone in the 13th Region.

 

South is better than Corbin, but is a lot closer to Bell Co. than I thought going into this game. South Laurel obviously misses Allen, but Goodin & Marcum really sparked the defense last year and they don't seem to have anyone yet doing it as effectively.

Corbin's defense was not very good tonight and they did a poor job of finding Hammonds in transition in the first half, things they must improve on to beat the Cards.

Actually, I don't think you were watching the same game I did.

Casey Hamm did a great job defensivley and forced a couple of turnovers and had two steals and Mark Conley came in and forced some turnovers and had a steal, too.

I like Corbin's chances later in the year too. Corbin will get much better due to youth where South is pretty seasoned already. With that said, good win for South Laurel. Hammonds is lights out and I wished him coming to Corbin could have worked out. Talk about a 1/2 punch. I think Crawford and Hammons are clearly the two best players in the region without any question. Proffit is a solid player and leader but Josh and Jordan are game changers.

 

I'm glad that things didn't get ugly at halftime when South tried to take over Corbin's student section. I also liked Corbin's students entrance with the big pipe player. Pretty Clever.

 

 

 

Have to disagree with ya here.

Proffitt and Hammonds are the top two players in the region and Josh is third.

Proffitt does a lot of things for South and just a solid overall player.

How come Hamm and Conley are buried coming off the bench? Are they in Coach Wright's Doghouse for some reason. Both are bigger, stronger and in my opinon better defenders than the two 9th graders.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.