3. Bell County

4. Pineville

5. Cumberland

6. Jackson County

7. Barbourville

8. Cawood

9. Harlan

10. Clay

If I based it on gut feeling if these teams all played at the moment.

1. Bell County

2A SL

2B Corbin

4. Cumberland

5. Cawood

6. Barbourville

7. Pineville

8. Clay

9. Harlan

10. Jackson County

I admit that I'm not a South fan by any means. Hatred, no. I can't hate them because they are just kids and the ones I know are very good kids at that. Coach Wright is a class act and the players present themselves well to the community. My dislike for the Cardinals is simply from a rivalry aspect. As a UK fan, I can't like the Vols, as a Bengal fan, I can't like the squeelers, and as a Redhound fan, I can't like that Cards.

With all of that said, South hasn't did anything at all to diminish their #1 standing. If anything they have performed well enough to uphold it and that's why I have them ranked #1 in my logical poll. They are and will be deservingly #1 until knocked off. I just have a strong feeling that Bell has all the tools to be the top dog at the moment. I know they have only beaten Lynn Camp and not played in nearly a week and a half but with the inside outside combo of Whitaker/Slusher, they are going to be a tough out. It has nothing at all do to with me wanting to see South fall. I do want to see them knocked from the #1 spot in favor of the Hounds but only what is played on the hardwood will settle that one on the 15th.

• 4 weeks later...