Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

PurpleHaze

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by PurpleHaze

  1. When I heard early in the season that the Colts beat John Hardin, I knew that DeSales was a state champ caliber team. Great effort by the super folks at NCC, but the Colts just weren't going to be derailed. Congratulations for bringing a state championship back to Louisville!
  2. We want to sit in warmth and comfort with you....If you get the tickets invite us up LOL
  3. Congratulations to the Mayfield Cardinals and their legion of fans on their tenth state title!!:clap::clap:I wish Mrs PH and I could have been there for Toothpick and Snakesnot along with others, but we're glad you made it here safely! Get home the same way!! We'll do our best to make it two for two for WKY come Sunday and make you just as proud of us as we are of you! Uh-oh...here comes a dance...:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa
  4. Congratulations to both teams on a superb effort!!! But Belfry was a little better and earned this title. Big time congrats to Brother Watusi and his family...I miss all of you!! Time for a twist...:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa
  5. I will be sitting in the handicapped section (open space where a wheelchair can fit). Of course, the lucky jersey will be there, along with last year's championship sweatshirt and a black and gray "National Street Machine Club Lifetime Member" leather jacket. Heck, Purple88 has seen me enough this year that he can probably pick my face out in a crowd...!:lol2: I will also do my ritual of greeting the guys and the staff as they go into the stadium and when they come out. According to sources, they will be going into the new part like last year. Sic 'em, Purple!!!:thumb::thumb::thumb:
  6. Same here...especially with my genuine 1976 gold game jersey the night we beat Paducah Tilghman for the first time in that special senior year!:banana::banana::banana:
  7. We are supposed to get another winter mix Sunday according to the weather....Not saying time or anything. This could be interesting. Also, some of the weather people are saying no precip tomorrow and others are saying 90 percent. I guess we will stay tuned.
  8. Slobberknocker, like your team and your other fans, you are a class act! Many thanx for the well wishes!:thumb:However, you'll have to ask Pride for the koolaid recipe...!!:lol2:Like I said in a pregame post, JH fans are great, among my most favorite! And Mrs PH and I made sure that your coaches and players knew that we appreciated their superb effort and that they needed to keep their heads high and proud!:thumb:
  9. There's no way that Pulaski Co has played a team that had the mentality of the old Miami Hurricanes and the old Oakland Raiders combined (Blackman). There's no way that they have played a team with the raw speed that McCallie had. That was the fastest team BGHS has played in a long, long time. BGHS played Lexington Catholic, a team with a bunch of raw talent (by the way, congrats to Highlands for beating a fine team like that...good job!). NO public school can say that they went to Brother Thomas More Stadium and beat the St Xavier Tigers TWICE in three years. The Purples can play bombs away or they can let the air out of the ball like they did against McCallie. Kick to Fant? How about a knife for your throat while you're at it? Physical play? I'd say that, against Blackman, St Xavier, and Lexington Catholic, proves BGHS's case that they can do that too. In my humble opinion, Devin Hayes is the best pure dropback passer in the state. However, if your defense gives it to him, he'll rip off a big run as well. Fant does not have the longest catch for the Purples this year...RB Blue Tisdale does. Fant has had his share of late game heroics, but so has RB Blake Pillow...ask JH (74 yd hook and ladder last year, one yd dive at 0:35 last night). I think that I've made my point. But I do hope that Pulaski Co comes here and makes it a memorable experience, and that their fans come and have a great time at the game! People who know me know that this is a sincere wish for Team Maroon. However, this is a very special group of seniors for Purple Nation, and I don't predict scores, but the Purples win. Their character makes them find a way.
  10. And I'm glad we got another chance to hook up before you hit the road!
  11. I'd be willing to bet that JH fans and players alike are glad they will never see Blake Pillow on a hs football field again...imagine, he scored the winning TDs late in the games last year AND this year!! I wore my Tactical Air Command cap tonight to show my respect to those fans and players who are military dependents. When this year's heart attack was over, the JH players came off the field, obviously very sad and disappointed. I saluted them with my right hand and offered them my left hand for support and congratulations. The vast majority of the players knew what it meant and were very appreciative of the respectful gesture. Many told me thank you, and I know that they meant it. An older coach of theirs and I had a friendly meeting before the game, and also when we met our last JH player coming off the field. He seemed genuinely impressed with our sportsmanship (not just mine and Mrs PH's), and I think that we have made a permanent friend in a nameless coach who witnessed a genuine act of compassion and well wishes for a young man whose dreams of a state championship came to an end. It is indeed an honor to play John Hardin High School in football and to witness such an event! Footnote: this win enabled BGHS to match their record for most consecutive wins on their home field (including bowl games and postseason games) at 25 in a row from 2010 to current. The record was first set from late 1993 to early in the playoffs in 1996, Kevin Wallace's first team. The last team to beat us before the current streak? Trinity 14-12! Warren Central and Christian County were road losses that year.
  12. I must have missed that play....I might have been in the little girls room LOL It was so cold tonight which made me visit that room a lot!!!
  13. No...No one tried that tonight.
  14. First of all....I honestly cried for the JH boys. There was one kid in particular from JH that stole my heart. I gave him a hug and tried to cheer him up...I really hope JH knows that they should be proud of the way they played...never once did they give up and they played very well....sometimes too well for me LOL....Great game JH. Be proud!!!!! Now, for our guys....what a heart stopper!!!! I really don't think I could go through that again next year! I am soooo proud and so happy for our guys....in the end, they wanted to win this one and set out and did just that! Wow....Our guys just do not know when to stop and know just when to put the extra heart and energy in to get that WIN!!!! YIIIPPPEEEE!!!!! Way to go Purples
  15. And, a very Happy Thanksgiving to all of you! This will be a great one for us and I hope God sees to it that it goes the same to all of our BGP Family!!
  16. You bet Mrs PH and I will be down on the track next to the cheerleaders and in front of the Bleacher Bums!!:lol2: I don't think that the Purples will forget last year's game and how close they came to getting beat. Even though they are the prohibitive favorite, I think that they will have the mindset that they will have something to prove. This will be especially true for Devin, who I think is the best dropback passer in the Commonwealth. I feel bad for Elam, and I hope that he can play, but without him and as many players who played great for their defense last year, I don't see how they can bottle up the awesome Purple offense this year, especially with their improved offensive line. I agree that it may be tight at first, but the Purples just seem to be like a stone rolling down hill, gaining momentum as the game goes on. They've been that way all season. The Big El will be rockin' come Friday night!! By the way, the JH fans are among my favorite fans. I know that some of their players are military dependents at Ft Knox. Being retired Air Force, I get along great with their fans. The last time they beat us in BG, their fans AND their players guessed correctly that I'm disabled military (must be the missing legs, I don't know...:lol2:). The majority of them were congratulating me on a good game as well, and the well mannered military dependent players were calling me sir. They were equally gracious in defeat in E-town last year as well. Great fans and great people!!:thumb::thumb::thumb: As for the other schools' players and fans in Warren Co...Y'all come! It's a community thing now...I'd love to see the seats and the track filled up with football fans Friday!
  17. With the exception of the opening drive, the Purple defense did an outstanding job against a scary good offense. In addition to the fourth down stops deep in the red zone, the Purples intercepted the ball twice and rendered a fearsome ground game basically ineffective. If tonight's performance by Nacarius Fant doesn't clinch Mr. Football/Player of the Year for 2013, I don't know what will! He now has 22 receiving TDs on the year and a 99 yd KO return against a very fast McCallie team. His receiving is impressive enough, but teams try any tactic they can to keep him from getting his hands on the ball returning kickoffs and punts! He piles up big numbers despite usually playing barely over one half of a game! His 22 receiving TDs are a new team record with two games to go. He set the team record of 19 last year. Fant has 140 points this year to date. Teammate Blue Tisdale (RB) now has matched what he had last year (144) with his two rushing TDs tonight. Amazingly, Tisdale has the longest receiving TD for the Purples this year (82 yds v St Xavier)! With three TD passes tonight, QB Devin Hayes matched his school record for one season (40) set last year. He might not be an RG III type QB, but you'd be hard pressed to find a better drop back passer than Hayes! He set BGHS's all time career passing yardage record last week with over 5600 yards. Sic 'em, Purple!!!:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa
  18. Stick a fork in the Eagles...they're cooked!!:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa
  19. Purples will host John Hardin next week in the 5A West Bracket Final!!!:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa
  20. Fant again...79 yds!! Can you say, "Mr. Football?":banana::banana:
  21. Joseph McIntyre Interception ends another Eagle drive...four pts away from running clock!:thumb:
  22. Tisdale is back in the game! Eleven yd TD strike to Fant from Hayes!!
  23. Hunter Rogers interception to end Graves drive...Purples ball!
  24. The Purples will leave Bowling Green for the only time in the playoffs next week for a long road trip to Mayfield to take on Graves County, who finally vanquished Warren Central in two overtimes 28-27 when the Dragons' last PAT attempt hit the goal post and bounced away. A real heartbreaker for the Dragons. Sr WR Nacarius Fant tied the school record for BGHS for TD receptions in one season tonight when he caught two against Christian County. He set the record of 19 in one season just last year. He caught scoring passes of 65 and 13 yards on the night. Sr TE Patrick Simms also caught a six yd toss from Sr QB Devin Hayes, who is rapidly closing in on his record of TD passes in one season, also set last year. The three tonight gives him 37, three away from his record. Sr RB Blue Tisdale scored three times on short bursts through the line, two in the Wildcat formation. Sr RB Blake Pillow also scored a rushing TD tonight. He now has 90 points on the season. Two more TDs will give him 102 pts on the season and will give the Purples three different players with at least 100 pts on the season for the first time ever! Tisdale currently has 132 pts and Fant currently has 122 pts. Christian County was the last team to hand the Purples a loss. Ironically, it was in this round of the playoffs back in 2010! The Purples now own a 41 game win streak, fifth longest in state history. Sic 'em, Purple!!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.