Everything posted by slowmobster
-
2025 Campbellsville Eagles
Unsure, and I can only guess. Cross has aspirations of playing at the next level. My guess is he wants to have more opportunities to be seen. Also, he primarily plays out of the backfield at Cville, and at Trinity he will play out wide which is where he is being recruited to play. Again, this is just my guess.
-
2025 Campbellsville Eagles
Cross Watson has transferred to Trinity. Big blow to the Eagles.
-
5th Region Off-Season Discussion (2025-26)
is this the 6 foot 7 kid? that's the only concrete thing I've heard is a "6'7" kid from Danville.
-
Richard Gatewood is the new head coach at Caverna
So what you want about Gatewood, but the current landscape of high school basketball in Kentucky is built for someone like Gatewood to thrive. Curious where he will wind up next year.
-
5th Region Off-Season Discussion (2025-26)
Yes, my only question, and I'm assuming he does, but does craine stay? hes been rumored all over the place.
-
Open Job: Boyle County
I've heard that Coach Gilbert who was at Green and Coach Breeze who was at Adair have both applied.
-
Open Job: Green County
Who knows for certain, but the AD at Caverna says it's happening.
-
Schools with Turf Fields
Green County has an all turf field.
-
Open Job: Green County
Yes, and there are a couple kids from caverna going to that same school as well.
-
2025 Campbellsville Eagles
That open date is a perfect spot for taylor county to return back to the rivalry....
-
Green County 51 Caverna 49 (5th Region All A Tournament)
5th Region tournament is going to be fun this year. but that 18th district with Green, Larue, and Caverna...one of the top 3 teams in the 5th region isn't making it past district.
-
2025 Sayre Spartans
I don't see how Sayre has the pieces to repeat what they just did, and I am certain they will add some along the way before the season kicks off. I believe Pennington will be around for a few more years at least, doesn't he have another kid on the team?
-
2025 Campbellsville Eagles
Said it in the Raceland post, but you'd be hard pressed to pick against Campbellsville and Raceland next year.
-
2025 Campbellsville Eagles
I don’t know specifically “why”, though with how good Campbellsville is and is set up for the foreseeable future I have my own thoughts. Hopefully, when this superintendent at Taylor retires this month there will be some discussions on bringing the game back.
-
2025 Campbellsville Eagles
Sir. You and everyone in the community knows that is ABSOLUTELY false.
-
2025 Campbellsville Eagles
Got a really good offensive lineman returning home too that will help anchor that o-line. Aside from what’s returning, expect more things out of Les Colvin, Christian Hart, and LD Smith this year. They’re the studs of that young group, but they’ve got a lot of talented depth in those freshman and sophomore classes that were getting acclimated to varsity level this year. Campbellsville will be in good shape for a while.
-
5th Region: Week 1
I said in their last game thread. Green County’s region to lose. Eric James is the best player the 5th Region has seen in a while.
-
Green County 93 Doss 56
Green County is gonna be a problem. I don’t believe they’re being talked about much at the state level but they might be the best team the 5th region has had in a while.
-
Sayre 35 Campbellsville 14
Turnovers and penalties became their Achilles heel during the KCD game, and they were never able to quite get it right after that. They had the right game plan for KCD but an interception just before half that if the ball was elevated just a little more is probably a touchdown and the Slabaugh kid makes an incredible interception. And I know Coffman and Pennington get most of the praise for KCD but Slabaugh was phenomenal for them last night. The Eagles return all but one starter next year on the defensive side of the ball and the offense brings everyone back. They’ll be back in the hunt next year.
-
Somerset at Owensboro Catholic Predictions/Updates
He had Danville rolling, too. I am no Somerset fan, either, however a couple posts back someone asked what is going on at Somerset? It's all trending in the right direction from my view point.
-
Campbellsville at Sayre Predictions/Updates
Thanks for sharing! Lots of people in Campbellsville have been asking and been struggling to find.
-
Campbellsville at Sayre Predictions/Updates
Whose carrying a stream for this game?
-
Campbellsville at Sayre Predictions/Updates
Forecast says around 10-11mph during game time. I doubt it’ll be a huge factor.
-
Campbellsville at Sayre Predictions/Updates
Lot's of rain today and tomorrow forecasted for Lexington, and kickoff will be below 30 degrees.
-
Campbellsville at Sayre Predictions/Updates
This game promises to be an exciting and closely contested matchup, ultimately coming down to which team can minimize mistakes. The weather may play a factor in Sayre’s passing game, but Campbellsville will need to capitalize on their opportunities and maintain control of the ball. While Kace Eastridge may not be the most polished quarterback, he is undoubtedly one of the fiercest competitors in the state, which will give Sayre a tough challenge. As I’ve mentioned before, Sayre's defense is underappreciated as most tout their explosive offense, but if they can hold a team like Pikeville to just six points, Campbellsville will certainly face a very stiff test. Ultimately, while predictions are speculative, the numbers speak for themselves as both teams’ performances against a common opponent this season are strikingly similar. This game will undoubtedly be hard-fought, intense, and filled with high drama on both sides, and I’m eager to see how it unfolds. Best of luck to both teams!