Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AvidSportsJunkie856

Standard Membership
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by AvidSportsJunkie856

  1. I've heard a former successful HC at Purcell Marian and Cincinnati Aiken applied. The former coach of those programs didn't stick around long but won in his short time at both stops. Don't know why he didn't last at either stop for very long but the track record shows he takes over programs and wins.
  2. Thank you very much! Come on, Snow!!
  3. I get what you are saying. Coach Trosper had been teaching Coach Floyd "the ropes" up until he tragically passed. It has been mentioned in here but Coach Floyd was dealing with some health issues that have since been resolved at the time of Coach Trosper's passing, but very much wanted to take over. I believe it was decided that because of his health scare, the principal reached out to Coach Rash to allow Coach Floyd some time to focus on his health. Coach Floyd still coached this season and had an "interim DC" while he was out for his medical leave. I know Coach Floyd really wants the job. Hopefully, the plan is for him to take the reigns now that he is back with a clean bill of health. In my honest opinion, there is no one better to continue on the tradition and culture that Coach Trosper had built. He invested a lot of time in helping Coach Floyd prep for this exact situation. I really hope he gets his chance!
  4. I was hopeful the storm would change course a bit and hit NKY, but we had a few flurries in my area and that is it. Could have gone for that delay or day off of work ? Any ideas on the next potential snow maker for the NKY area?
  5. Not picking on anyone, but it is amazing how often I see that happen ?
  6. It has been discussed already. Chase Floyd, current DC, is going after the job. To my knowledge, they only have one other coach on staff with experience in a coordinator role but I am not sure if that coach plans on applying or not.
  7. Finn Louden not playing makes a huge difference, but I still expected a closer game.
  8. I am sure that Coach Holthaus knew what he was getting into when he made the switch, but I have to wonder if he is second guessing himself a little bit. The girls team is loaded, again, and will more than likely win the region. The man can coach ball and will have Cooper rolling again sooner rather than later, but I have a feeling this season is going to be rough!
  9. I don't think that matters, honestly. It didn't with UNC. They just don't seem like they are able to win the big one right now.
  10. I know it is early in the game, and my lazy butt could do the research, but has any team ever gone to the state final four straight years and lost?
  11. They do have the lead, so there is merit to this, but I am sure they didn't want to play defense for 21 out of 24 minutes in that half. They are making plays when they need to and keeping Raceland off the scoreboard, but I would venture to say they would like to sustain a drive coming out of halftime - even if they only get a FG out of it.
  12. And here I am over here still trying to figure out how to use more than just one monitor!! ?
  13. Is Fryman still committed to Louisville?
  14. Part of me agrees, but part of me thinks you go for it there. If you go down 14-3 out of halftime, with Raceland's offense, that could be tough. On the flip side, they have played pretty well defensively, and a stop and a score shifts momentum! I love the mental chess game of football! ?
  15. A nice, cold day for some football. Good luck to both teams competing today. Anyone attending - don't forget to layer up and bring some gloves, handwarmers, and put on an extra layer of socks! Nothing worse than cold feet. ?
  16. I mentioned earlier that I thought Chase Floyd should get the job. But, not specifically. I just know that there are quite a few coordinators in the area that would like to get a chance. I guess I was just publicly pulling for the first time potential head coaches to get their chance. ?
  17. I am sure he is a good coach, but I wish one of these principals at a bigger school would take a chance on a younger, up and coming coach, that relates better to today's high school athlete and can breathe some fresh air into a program instead of recycling through the same group of previous head coaches.
  18. Definitely deserves it! Young man is a stud!
  19. Is it safe to say that most of CAL's top players are seniors this year?
  20. I would love to see that matchup next year. I will say I do not know enough about the rosters to know if either team is senior heavy - but I think that would be a great matchup
  21. I've been called crazy before. ha ha. Just feel like they have the tools to be able to pull an upset.
  22. 10 point game - Owensboro Catholic 5 point game - Raceland 4 point game - Owensboro 3 point game - Boyle County 2 point game - Trinity 1 point game - Christian Academy of Louisville Tiebreaker - 63 points
  23. I was curious about something with these 1A schools that play at Noon. Do they go to Lexington the night before and stay, or load a bus super early and go the morning of? I guess for these two teams the drive is only about 1 and a half hours, but for a school like Pikeville, do they go the night before?
  24. No reason to think Kentucky gets it done.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.