Everything posted by Astro Domino
-
2A RPI Rankings - 2023
Mayfield would have to be the trenches. They have struggled to run the ball and stop the run this year at times because they are outmatched on the line. LCA I would say if they have a weakness it would be pass defense but I could be wrong on that one. And I know absolutely nothing about OCath.
-
2A RPI Rankings - 2023
Based on talent I think the top 4 are in the correct order. Based on results I don’t know how I would rank 2-4 but I definitely think LCA is the best team and they have proved it so far.
-
TP94 Power Rankings (9/11/23)
Can you be in charge of the RPI please?
- BGP Pick 5 Contest (Week 5)
-
Owensboro Catholic 33 Owensboro 28
Different classes have to draw the line in different spots based on proximity of teams and districting.
-
Owensboro Catholic 33 Owensboro 28
The truth of the matter is that with LCA being moved to the “west” side of the state, RPI is WAY more important than ever this year because no matter who gets the 1 seed they will not have to play any of the big 4 until they get to the state championship. Because I’m sure everyone would like to see these 4 face off in the final four and not until then but that just isn’t going to be the case.
-
Owensboro Catholic 33 Owensboro 28
I agree. If LCA has one loss with the schedule they played and a computer system can’t figure out they should be ranked #1 then it is seriously flawed.
-
Owensboro Catholic 33 Owensboro 28
Where did I ever say that? I obviously said that IF OCath gets the #1 spot in the RPI then Mayfield and LCA will play in the third round and the winner will play Beechwood in the final four while OCath plays pushovers all the way til state. That’s how it works.
-
Owensboro Catholic 33 Owensboro 28
Not if they don’t have to play Mayfield, Beechwood, or LCA which will be the case if they finish #1 in RPI.
-
Owensboro Catholic 33 Owensboro 28
I’m almost sure you are wrong. In the third round the state is still split in half with LCA, OCath and Mayfield on the same side of the state. If OCath finishes #1 in RPI then they will get to play the worst team left on the west side of the state and LCA and Mayfield would play each other. Then in the final four it is ranked 1-4 statewide. OCath would be number 1 and get the worst team left and Beechwood would be matched up with the winner of the LCA-Mayfield game. Like Brown said, if OCath ends up with the highest RPI at the end of season they will have a cakewalk to the state championship while LCA and Mayfield would have to run the gauntlet to win state.
-
Lexington Christian Academy 14 Christian Academy Louisville 12
Can’t disagree with any of that
-
Lexington Christian Academy 14 Christian Academy Louisville 12
Are we finally ready to admit that LCA is the best team in 2A? Or are we still just gonna act like this season is last season and the year before?
-
Scott County at Boyle County Predictions/Updates
Completely understand. I thought you were saying the game was no test for Boyle. But yes I agree Boyle will face far more physical teams than LCA. Maybe not a better team than LCA though other than possibly FD and maybe a team late in the playoffs. But I completely understand what you meant now.
-
Scott County at Boyle County Predictions/Updates
You don’t think the LCA game was a test?
-
McCracken County at Mayfield Predictions/Updates
I wonder the same thing. I’m definitely no expert on RPI but I would think it hurts them tremendously with a weaker schedule, one less game and a loss in the game where they had their best chance to boost their rating. I would say that now they could easily be traveling to OC/LCA in the third round then traveling to Beechwood/OC/LCA in the semis and then playing one of the three at Kroger field if they were to make it through that gauntlet.
-
Mercer County at Danville Predictions/Updates
Danville had 5 total yards against Boyle. That’s insane.
-
McCracken County at Mayfield Predictions/Updates
I know some of the blind Mayfield faithful find this concept hard to grasp but it’s ok to admit that coaches have bad games as do players. With all the capable athletes Mayfield has they kept running a power back straight up the gut with with an inferior offensive line compared to Paducahs D Line. All I’m saying is that if Mayfield doesn’t have the beef to run up the middle on a team then get the ball to one of the athletes on the edge on a sweep and see if that works.
-
McCracken County at Mayfield Predictions/Updates
It’s not my place to go tell a paid coach how to do his job. On the other hand, BGP is the exact place created to come give your opinions on high school football teams, players, games, game plans and anything your heart desires pertaining to the forum you’re on. I enjoy it so I think I’ll continue to do so.
-
McCracken County at Mayfield Predictions/Updates
I never said throw Biggers the ball. I said put him in the backfield a handful of times per game where he averaged 12 yards per carry last year over the course of the entire season on 87 carries. If you think that is an outlandish idea then I don’t know how much you really know about football.
-
McCracken County at Mayfield Predictions/Updates
I think Dabney had 2 touches last week and Biggers had 0. I will say they dropped a couple passes but there is NO excuse that those 2 players should combine for 2 touches in a game of that magnitude. The coaches dropped the ball big time to say the least.
-
McCracken County at Mayfield Predictions/Updates
Mayfield not getting Biggers touches out of the backfield is what got them beat last week and what will get them beat later in the season. You have to get that kid a solid 5 touches out of the backfield per game.
-
McCracken County at Mayfield Predictions/Updates
Yes. Mayfield has got to open up their imagination on offense. 10-12 years ago Mayfield offensive scheme was far ahead of 95% of the teams in the state. That’s not the case anymore. They’re still running the same things over and over
-
McCracken County at Mayfield Predictions/Updates
I totally disagree with that statement. Paducah is ALOT better than they were last year. OCath is a lot better than they were last year. LCA is ALOT better than they were last year. Mayfield is better than they were last year but haven’t improved as much as those 3 teams I named. I mention those teams because Mayfield will probably play all three at some point this season.
-
McCracken County at Mayfield Predictions/Updates
Mayfield desperately needs to open up the playbook and throw some new wrinkles in. They need to throw new things in on offense every week from now to mid November. Predictable play calling is one thing that got them beat last week. Open it up!
-
HS Football in Boone County
I think I would have to agree with you here just based off my hometown of Mayfield. Very poor town, very solid football program. Now Mayfield might be an outlier in that conversation. I don’t know.