Everything posted by The Raven
-
Anyone have issues with the ESPN App?
-
Damar Hamlin Updates
Excellent. Feel bad for the Patriots this weekend (No I don't.). Bills by 500
-
Ravens at Bengals Predictions/Updates
No one was going to come out a 100% winner in any of this. I can see why the Bengals are upset, and they absolutely have the right to be. But if there were still no plan in place right now, the league would be catching grief upon grief from everyone. Whats done is done. Now its just shut up and play football.
-
Ravens at Bengals Predictions/Updates
To me, this all seems fair, under the circumstances. I'm sure someone, somewhere will give the NFL grief over all this, but let's not forget one thing. The protocols that the league put in place saved a mans life. It can be forgiven for doing the best it could, as fast as it could to try and appease people.
-
Texas Coach Arrested (Fired)
Yep. He is given due process in a court of law, as he should. There is no due process in the court of public opinion. Guilty or innocent legally, the minute someone shows up at a Texas game with a sign in protest, that hurts the Longhorn brand. Better to protect the name now and deal with any wrongful termination suits later.
-
Willie Anderson is a HOF Finalist
We need more Bengals in the Hall of Fame. The other Anderson should already be there, but Big Willie is a good start. https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2023/01/05/willie-anderson-named-a-pro-football-hall-of-fame-finalist/69779732007/ The Rattler, Ken Riley, is also a finalist for the Veterans Committee.
-
Ravens at Bengals Predictions/Updates
This has been at the forefront the last 2 and a half days. I don't think any coach in the NFL could have handled this better than Zak. He took a leading role Monday and I think was a major voice in saying who cares what the commish says, we aren't playing anymore tonight. Cincinnati has not had that kind of leadership in a head coach very often, if ever.
-
Bills at Bengals Predictions/Updates (Cancelled)
I remember that story. I thought that was more of an abdominal injury, but I could be confusing that with something else. I also remember a story a while back where there was little league baseballer that took a foul ball to the chest that later passed away. I believe this would be similar.
-
Texas A&M Hires Bobby Petrino as Offensive Coordinator
Wow. He was almost at UNLV long enough to get a cup of coffee and use the restroom.
-
Bills at Bengals Predictions/Updates (Cancelled)
Well, history isn't over yet, but I think we have a winner for the biggest understatement, ever.
-
Ravens at Bengals Predictions/Updates
Assuming the Bengals are mentally checked in, which is not a given, nor should it be right now, I say they win, 24-10. Is Lamar expected to play, or his his knee injury a season ender, despite what Baltimore wants us to believe?
-
Bills at Bengals Predictions/Updates (Cancelled)
9/11 syndrome. Just stay on the air and repeat the same stuff over and over again, but for the love of god, don't be off the air when something new does break.
-
Bills at Bengals Predictions/Updates (Cancelled)
The initial story is over. ESPN now has to milk this for as long as they can for viewer numbers. That way Disney can demand an additional $3 per subscriber next go round.
-
Bills at Bengals Predictions/Updates (Cancelled)
Media in the 21st Century. Media outlets USED to triple check sources and get multiple confirmations before going to print or air with a story. Now any yayhoo with a smart phone can send in a video and it goes on the air so someone can be first. Being accurate no longer factors into the equation. Somewhere, Walter Cronkite is rolling over in his grave.
-
Bills at Bengals Predictions/Updates (Cancelled)
I know most of these social media posts are from reporters, etc. trying to do their job, but all that needs to stop. Until the Doctors at UC and or the league release a statement, everyone just need to shut up.
-
Bills at Bengals Predictions/Updates (Cancelled)
Suzy, Adam and Booger are doing ok. There is only one thing to talk about, and none of the three want too. ESPN should have gone to alternate programming until more information is known.
-
Bills at Bengals Predictions/Updates (Cancelled)
Just end this for tonight and let the league figure this out overnight. No one wants to play, coach or commentate.
-
Idea to improve future Bowl Games.
They need to do something then. I am a South Carolina fan, but the Carolina team that took the field in the Gator Bowl was not the same team that earned the bid. And I'm sure the same could be said for Notre Dame.
-
Bills at Bengals Predictions/Updates (Cancelled)
Since the Ravens lost, the Bengals win and they take the AFC North. If they can beat Buffalo and Baltimore and KC loses, Bengals can get the top seed, the Bye and home field.
-
TCU vs. Georgia Predictions/Updates (National Championship)
I'll say TCU 42-35, just because I think a majority will take Georgia.
-
Idea to improve future Bowl Games.
Cut back on the number of games. Don't open the transfer portal until January.
-
Steve Stonebraker is the new head football coach at Adair County.
Don't know him, or his style, but A++ on the name. Great name for a football player or coach.
-
Iowa 21 Kentucky 0 (Music City Bowl)
2 worst performances of bowl season are both SEC schools. KY gets blanked by a middle of the pack Big 10 team in Iowa and FL manages only 3 points vs a middle of the pack PAC 12 team in Oregon St.
-
TCU 51 Michigan 45 (National Championship Semi-Final)
TCU played great, but Michigan did a lot to help them out. Multiple times inside the TCU 5 with no points. Can't do that in big games.
-
Michigan vs. TCU Predictions/Updates (National Championship Semi-Final)
Michigan is doing a great job of helping TCU beat them.