Everything posted by Bud_Kilmer
-
Mayfield 58 Lexington Christian Academy 36
My takeaways: - LCA holds and cost them their first TD, and few plays later Boley throws a pick 6. That’s a 14 point swing that set the tone for the night. - Mayfield is a way better coached team. - LCA gave a brutal 3&15 fade route for a td at the worst time. - LCA defense was very unimpressive even with a huge d-line - both rb’s were great but by the end, Starks had the better game. - nobody wins at War Memorial except a select few. - what in the world does LCA do now and what does their coaching staff say? Guess they will need 20 new transfers.
-
Lexington Christian Academy at Mayfield Predictions/Updates
LCA defense is no good!
-
Lexington Christian Academy at Mayfield Predictions/Updates
LCA is getting coached circles around.
-
Open Division State Championship
For fans this would be amazing. I'm sure most of these schools are much more comfortable in their own classes where they have a much better chance of winning a championship. Really good 4 and 5 A teams would probably not be in favor of this.
-
Lexington Christian Academy at Mayfield Predictions/Updates
I believe this is true for a variety of reasons as well. Gonna be a big night in Mayfield!
-
Open Job: Graves County
Can't wait to hear some names for this job. Does anyone think this will be an inside hire? Graves is a solid program with some good classes coming up.
-
Corbin at Boyle County Predictions/Updates
I’m in agreement that Boyle is probably the best team in the state but I believe this will be close and a classic. I have too much respect for the Corbin defense. Boyle 24 Corbin 21
-
Lexington Christian Academy at Mayfield Predictions/Updates
Mayfield is to rich in tradition, they know this is the year, I don’t think they will be denied. They are so veteran and disciplined.
-
Lexington Christian Academy at Mayfield Predictions/Updates
Man I’ve thought a lot about this game and I think I’m starting to swing my thoughts. This game means too much to Mayfield and they have some older 5th year and senior lead guys who I don’t think will let the opportunity slide. Basically no one comes in to War Memorial and gets a win in November. I think Mayfield wants to end this drought too bad and they are so well coached. Morris is gonna have a great plan and pull the Cards through. Mayfield 38 LCA 35
-
Lexington Christian Academy at Mayfield Predictions/Updates
PT
-
Lexington Christian Academy at Mayfield Predictions/Updates
Public school Kentucky royalty: Pikeville, Mayfield, Beechwood (kind of), Belfry, Boyle, BG, Male (kind of), Highlands (kind of). When I think of a true public school I think of a small town high school or a county high school. Male is a magnet city school, Highlands and Beechwood are technically public but have a very private feel to them. They are also in bigger population (greater Cincy/NKY area). No disrespect to any of the programs, they are all true winners.
-
Lexington Christian Academy at Mayfield Predictions/Updates
I will say this, if LCA doesn’t win a 2A title this year their coaching staff should be embarrassed. No way a team with transfer help and resources that LCA has should not convincingly win this week and the rest of the way.
-
Mayfield 42 Murray 20
Murray has had execution issues all year transitioning from option/ running football the last three years to a spread offense. Wilson the Qb for most of the year has had injury issues the second half of the season and didn’t play most of the last few games. He was back vs Mayfield and played well along with the two big WR’s. They played their best passing game of the year Friday. Jones has had to play QB a lot lately and it has changed their offense a lot. A lot of Mayfield fans have been so defensive lately and I don’t know why. Murray played a good game, Mayfield is better and should have won. According to most mayfield fans they should have won by 40 but Murray played really well and it was a one score game with 8 mins left. Some people have a hard time accepting that I guess.
-
Lexington Christian Academy at Mayfield Predictions/Updates
They gave up over 400 yards of offense to Murray, that is a little concerning. This will be a good game but I don’t think Mayfield will score as much as LCA. Starks vs Hensley is the story I think. Who will be more successful? I always root for the small town public school, just like West Canaan. Go Cards!
-
Mayfield 42 Murray 20
Mayfield is undoubtedly better than Murray this year, I meant that more in terms of the next few weeks. I think Mayfield is gonna really have to step it up to make a run.
-
Mayfield 42 Murray 20
Murray threw for 280 and rushed for like 130. Carman had 121 receiving and Jones had 105. Both teams punted 3 times. Murray had a few bad mistakes late in the fourth for it to get to a three score game. Murray does have a young undersized defense and I’m surprised a little bit that they made Mayfield punt 3 times in each of their games with the fire power and experience Mayfield has on O.
-
Mayfield 42 Murray 20
We said before the game that Mayfield is much older and stronger team. They have a man child 5th year RB who was the difference vs Murray defense that is littered with freshman and sophomores. That defense will only get stronger and better. I’m just not sure what happened to all those running clock, jv second half, Murray hasn’t improved comments. I hope Mayfield wakes up gets it back the next few weeks because they didn’t play championship football last night. Good luck to the Cards!
-
McCracken County 38 Henderson County 23
Didn’t see this coming, nice game McCracken. 6A west not a bad place to be.
-
Mayfield 42 Murray 20
I’ll start by saying Starks had a great game and Mayfield did a good job of pulling it out late. Murray won a ton of one on one matchups in the passing game. I’ve never seen Biggers giving up passes like that and #1 too. Murray also did a pretty good job at running right at Mayfield. This game was 28-20 real late in the game and Murray made a mistake of not fielding a punt and letting it roll deep. It would’ve put Murray near midfield and if they pick up a first down and get the clock going and some momentum it may have got real dicey. Mayfield did what they do a great job of and make you pay for your mistakes and scored back to back quick to put it away late. I will say this, if LCA is the team we think they are, Mayfield better get better quick, fast and in a hurry. Murray earned a lot of respect IMO that was probably lacking.
-
Murray at Mayfield Predictions/Updates
Some years you can have a chance to beat Mayfield especially if they are breaking in a new QB. Cartwright is a 5th year senior and four year starter. To go along with it they have a great 5th year RB, 5th year talented WR and Murray’s best playmaker from the previous 3 years. They also a heavily junior and senior / super senior lead team which you always want. Murray is hurt by having a junior class with only like two or three kids in it. They are relying heavily on sophomores and freshmen. They have talented young players but they are just that. The first matchup easily showed that it was a lot of 18/19 year olds vs 14/15 year old kids. Murray I’m sure will play their hardest and try to compete as much as they can, but Mayfield is a deeper and better team this year.
-
Mayfield 49 Murray 14
There does seem to be a disdain among Mayfield folks for Murray and it seems more of a thing from the past than it seems from current/recent players even though the recent Murray wins. Maybe it’s just that both of those teams are in the same district and class a lot and Mayfield’s other rivals are in different classes.
-
Mayfield 49 Murray 14
I know there is no such thing as a justified Mayfield penalty but that was one of the most sloppy and undisciplined Mayfield performances I’ve seen out of a Joe Morris coached team. Mayfield was clearly a better, older and more athletic team than Murray but they did have a lot of bad and unnecessary penalties. They have a lot to clean up if they want a state run but I expect them to fix that.
-
Mayfield at Caldwell County Predictions/Updates
We all know the result here. Even when Caldwell has strong teams its hard to prevent blowouts against Mayfield. A first half running clock in inevitable, its just how soon it hits. Caldwell has just hit a rough year against a tough schedule. hopefully they rebound soon.
-
Murray 38 McCracken County 35
McCracken finishes 3rd place in 2a district 1. They could however win their 6a district or get 2nd place. They have some bright spots, especially with young QB. Very big drive by Murray when it counted most. Tigers just need to continue building momentum within the program, I think the new coach can do that. The Mustangs can press the reset button and finish the year on a high note.
-
Crittenden County vs. Owensboro Catholic Prediction/Updates
No