Everything posted by shutout
-
Regional champs
How common is it that a school repeats as regional Champs? I just saw where cov Cath did it this year and thought it was very impressive because you rebuild every year due to seniors leaving. How often or how many in a row is the 9th region record?
-
9th Region Draw Updates
From seeing cov Cath play I don't think Ncc could give them much of a game. I'm not down playing Ncc by any means, just know how good Covington Catholic can be.
-
Covington Catholic 10 Holy Cross 0
Your correct my bad, or 90mins 2x 40 min half with 10min half time.
-
Covington Catholic 10 Holy Cross 0
It seems to me that HC has been fortunate to ever get out of that district. Seems like they have gotten by just being better than the other bad teams. Now that those teams are better what can we expect? I saw this match against Covington Catholic and was boggled by the decision to pack the box. When you do this you invite a better team to slam the ball down your throat, and that's what happened. From what I saw of the game there seemed to be a lack of talent at Holy Cross. Not a knock in the kids but there was no hope from the first whistle. Cov Cath looked very confident and comfortable, I'm lead to believe the off season play of their players has something to do with this? Anyway Can't wait to see the match up Thursday between beechwood and cov Cath. Hopefully it goes 90mins
-
Louisville Collegiate 8 Newport Central Catholic 0 ("A" State Semis)
Congrats to Ncc on being there
-
Highlands 1 Newport Catholic 0
Logan has had a history with cards over the past few years. Is he talented, there's no question he's one of the best players in nky. Was the coach correct for sitting him? That's the coaches decision, his team his rules. In my opinion, not a bad decision at all with all A this weekend.
-
CovCath @ Anderson (OH) Predictions
I'll give this one to the guys across the river. Anderson with a 3-1 win.
-
South Warren 4 Cooper 1
Cooper seems to be very inconsistent this season. Are they struggling to find a rhythm, or do you just never know what team will show up? I thought at the beginning of the season they may contend for the regional title but if they can't figure it out you can count them out.
-
Northern Kentucky Coaches Poll (Week 4)
Wayoffsides This poll is voted on by the coaches (well some of them). I really wouldn't put too much into this poll as its hard for most Coaches to vote as they haven't had a chance to see all the teams they are voting for or against. It will all sort itself out come regional. Good luck
-
Henry Clay vs. Cov Cath State Finals Updates
Congrats colonels Great W Fun game to watch
- Covington Catholic vs. Trinity Predictions
-
Covington Catholic 1 Ryle 0 (PKs) - 9th Region Championship
Great game to watch even in the rain. Could've went either way
-
Post Season Routine
Could someone help me on to said wagon? My knees won't let me jump Also I'll be taking up a collection for the concession stand after I raise enough for the gate, I started a gofundme page. Poor old soccer dad!!!
-
Covington Catholic 3 Cooper 0
Just laying it out there, I had no dog in the fight. Like I said the "crazies" are awesome until they go to far. Haven't been to a regional game until last year and first regional semis "not my sons team" this year. I thought the atmosphere was fun and exciting, until they start calling out kids and using language. I believe that there were administrators in front of the student body and something may have been done to stop the language but I didn't see it. All I was doing was reporting what I heard and saw. I wasn't faulting Cooper for subbing or not having players just an observation I made. I think the finals will be a gem to watch, should be a battle. Good luck to both teams
-
NCC vs Dixie
Only way to play home triple headers is with lights. I was assuming that's how they were going to play any home triple headers so they could build a program
-
Post Season Routine
This year I'm taking up a collection so I can afford to come to the next game.
-
Covington Catholic 3 Cooper 0
I thought both teams played OK I watched Cooper and cov cath this year, both have had better nights. It looked to me that cov cath played really good soccer at times, possessing the ball, finding slotted balls and moving off the ball but when they had a slight bit of pressure on them they would panic and kick the ball. Cooper on the other hand looked to me to be either banged up or just tired. The center back left the game after the first goal, and they seemed to sub more than the other times I've watched them. Also thought they might not have played the same guys as when I watched them against Ryle. Both teams played hard mostly fair hard challenges except one kid from Cooper who seemed to be out for blood. I thought the ref called it evenly, I'm sure some people thought different, there were multiple missed calls both ways. I thought the student section for cch was funny until the started picking on kids, I heard vulgar language directed at Cooper players. I was sitting behind them, there was even what looked to be a teacher or staff member monitoring them, NO ACTION WAS TAKEN. This is an embarrassment to your school, the chants are fine the cheering is awesome (we all wish we had fans like yours) but when you start calling out individual kids and using inappropriate language it's gone to far. I'm sure some colonels fans will come defend them and say it didn't happen but it did and from what I've been told it happens every year.
-
Pointing the finger at your Coach?
I found this on kings hammers page
-
Pointing the finger at your Coach?
I Never Thought It Would End THIS Way | Live, Learn, Laugh At Yourself This is a great read for coaches, parents and players. Made me think about the things people point fingers at coaches for and how or what some coaches are thinking. I have to admit I've been guilty of pointing fingers. I have been thinking after reading everyone's post (including mine) about bad coaches and how they act. Coaches too are human, they make mistakes, I don't think there is a coach in high school soccer doing it for the money, I'm sure they do it for the love of the game aND for the kids they coach. I'm sure Hc coach has other things going on in his life that he is missing to coach those kids. Sorry coach I shouldn't doubt you. For those still bad mouthing McDonald, I think there would be nothing to make him more happy than to forget about the mistake he made. He obviously cares about that program as much as anyone that's ever coached there. He loves the game and teaching it, not sure anything makes that dude happier than seeing his teams win and from the years he had he was pretty happy
-
NCC vs Dixie
So are they putting lights up now at their field so they can host triple headers? Also I was told that with the lack of referees they are forcing teams to play as many triple headers as possible. Not sure about the past years but I think the senior night thing is a great idea, and building a program is awesome. I just hope we don't have to play you guys twice again. Maybe we could do senior night together, that would be real nice, we could have flowers and balloons and poems, sounds like a great idea. To have two parents ejected for any reason is sad!!!!! How about go cheer on the team, don't say a word to the other team or the ref, then you get to stay the entire time. The price of admission is going up.... Lastly I agree that people need to let go of the past, not sure if these people are Ncc affiliated or not but I think sidelineview said it best, it happened it's over move on. The guy has moved on, I haven't seen him much since high school but saw him at Hc Ncc game cheering for Ncc talking about how talented they are and what great guys the coaches are. He's coaching again at Cooper with his friends because he just can't stay away from the game.
-
NCC vs Dixie
Here's what I see to be the big problem at Ncc is that they keep talking about the past. Stop talking about the past and build a new future. I watched a lot of soccer this year, I know parents can be obnoxious but after talking with my buddy (an official) he told me there were multiple games that Ncc parents were ejected from. Why???? I've played high school soccer and believe me my parents were as loud as they come, never once did they ever get ejected from a game.
- Cooper vs Covington Catholic
-
Ryle 4 Holy Cross 0
I agree with you on alot of things and maybe we can meet and talk about a way to get this program headed in the right direction. I just don't think that defender was poy material. Is he good? Yes! Dpoy good? No Second or third team good? Yes There are certainly a few assistant coached I'd love to see take over but I think if the coach steps down they should interview a few outside prospects, you never know what's out there.
-
NCC vs Dixie
I had no idea the old coach would do that to a kid....... Does anyone have the twitter stufff? I have known McDonald for a long time and I may be wrong but it's hard for me to believe he had that in him. We spoke at the games I've seen him and all he said were great things about the kids, not even soccer related. Just said how good the kids were and that he loved being at Ncc and how much he just enjoys coaching. Wonder if this is completely true or if some of this is blown out of proportion, if it's true he must have had some other things distracting him. Not saying it is or not true but I'm sure he wants to let it go as well. I've known him since grade school and never seen him not enjoy the game. Oh well, glad he found a home at Cooper with the other HC rejects . Jk guys
-
NCC vs Dixie
I only saw Ncc a few times this year and they seemed to play a lot of kick ball, not sure if that is being coached or if it was any different from the previous coach but it wasn't pretty. I know the Randle kid was out for his red card, why was liles out? I don't think comparing schedules and regular season results are the way to justify a better season. Ncc is out cov cath is still playing, it would be a surprise if they didn't win it all.