Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic vs. Trinity Predictions

Featured Replies

...

 

Saturday night in Lexington, 6:00, this battle will send someone to the Semi-Finals next week. I, along with many on this board, watched this game earlier in the fall, and while it was well played, it was a tale of two halves. CovCath had the possession in the first half, Trinity really took it to the Colonels in the 2nd.

 

What are your thoughts?

 

For me, sadly, I'm going with 2-1 Trinity.

 

Side-note, traffic in Lexington on Saturday will be so much fun. Also, I know a LOT of young soccer players that have followed the Colonels all year that are bummed that they'll miss this game in order to go collect as much candy as humanly possible within a 2 hour window.

...

 

I know a LOT of young soccer players that have followed the Colonels all year that are bummed that they'll miss this game in order to go collect as much candy as humanly possible within a 2 hour window.

 

Solution: Go to Lexington dressed in your costume on Saturday. Go to Kroger and buy bags of 1/2 price candy on Sunday!

 

Good luck Blue Colonels.

^turf

Is this on turf or grass?

 

All games from here on are on turf.

I'm going with the colonels 3 to 1 over the shamrocks. I herd CCH is having lucky charms for there Friday night dinner.

Should be a great game and I honestly think it could go either way... my best guess is Trinity 3-2 in regulation. The winner probably gets a very manageable Henderson County in the semi-finals before seeing Henry Clay or Bowling Green for an epic state final game.

 

Keys for this game, IMO...

 

For Trinity: 1) Greg Fischer can destroy either with his distribution or with his ability to get a rocket off from the top of the box. He's got great vision and distributes with a variety of bend and weight to put team mates in play with the ball in optimal position. He's got a hammer for a left foot but if you overplay him he'll cut it back and hurt you with his right, 2) Trinity is also strong in the air on corners and set pieces, both offensively and defensively. If CCH gives up too many opportunities Trinity will hurt them. On the flip side, with a couple more days to prepare, I'd be disappointed if CCH didn't add new wrinkle or two to get more production out of their offensive corners... they can't expect to get as many as they have the last three games and their scoring efficiency has to go up on these opportunities. Otherwise, just give it to Day in the corner and let him slash and dish.

 

For CCH: 1) their back line is quick and shuts down through balls well - #22 Darpel and #2 Flynn in particular. Massie might lose a foot race with the other three backs, but he's not slow and uses his size well, 2) Brice Day can penetrate and unbalance defenses to set up team mates as well as anyone I've seen this year. He's got a knack for finding soft spots and when he gets explosive dribbling and going vertical he is downright scary. If Day can create and the rest of the CCH attacking cast can finish CCH should score at least 2.

  • Author

...

 

On the subject CCH's corners. Sir, you are 100% right, they have had a ton of them in the last few games and have gone 0-for. It appears to me that there is miscommunication on how CCH wants to play them. Massie, #16, and #17 have great size, but all of them are in the air too early. It seems like they are expecting Bryce to drive the ball into the box, and he, in turn, is hitting a high ball with a lot of back-spin, but it is throwing off the timing of all of the bigs in the air. Maybe I'm crazy and OTB will correct me, but that is how it appears to me over the last few games (specifically Ryle and MoCo).

...

 

On the subject CCH's corners. Sir, you are 100% right, they have had a ton of them in the last few games and have gone 0-for. It appears to me that there is miscommunication on how CCH wants to play them. Massie, #16, and #17 have great size, but all of them are in the air too early. It seems like they are expecting Bryce to drive the ball into the box, and he, in turn, is hitting a high ball with a lot of back-spin, but it is throwing off the timing of all of the bigs in the air. Maybe I'm crazy and OTB will correct me, but that is how it appears to me over the last few games (specifically Ryle and MoCo).

 

Serve one to Litzler, released from the back of the stack on a near post run to receive a driven ball (just off tbe ground) 8 yds in front of the goal.

 

Serve one to Wessels stepping out off the near post to redirect a driven ball head height 4 yards out from the near post.

 

Serve a ball short of the near post to be flicked on to the far post.

 

Give the ball to Day in the corner and let him make something happen off the dribble.

 

Something, anything, but continuing to serve a flighted ball to the back post where 2 or 3 Colonels contend with an equal number of defenders (and a GK who has started at the back third of his goal) to try to get up and head a ball down on frame. Maybe the odds are about to start paying off for CCH on corners, but I'd hedge bets and add a couple new looks.

I'm going with Trinity in this one, if the colonels had a goal scorer they would be my favorite. Struggling to score this time of year can mean trouble. I will be rooting for them from my porch while handing out candy. Good luck

Does anyone know if either school or the KHSAA is going to be steaming the game live?

I'm going with Trinity also in this match up of two top five teams. The lack of quality finishing and a defensive turnover will be CCH demise. I'm sure the fact that a NKY team knocked them out last year's tournament won't be lost on this year's seniors. I have thought that NKY soccer was down across the board this year and to play region 7 or 11 in the round of 8 doesn't help. It's going to be a tough night for the schools from Park Hills.

Trinity had seven corner corner kicks to South Oldham’s one last game. If the Shamrocks have that kind of edge on CovCath, going to be tough for the Colonels to get the W.

I'm going with Trinity also in this match up of two top five teams. The lack of quality finishing and a defensive turnover will be CCH demise. I'm sure the fact that a NKY team knocked them out last year's tournament won't be lost on this year's seniors. I have thought that NKY soccer was down across the board this year and to play region 7 or 11 in the round of 8 doesn't help. It's going to be a tough night for the schools from Park Hills.

 

If Trinity comes out playing a little tight / conservative like they did last year I believe the outcome will be the same an early exit. I can tell you this they left several plays on the field.

As long as the histrionics are confined to the Crazies in the stands I think Trinity will be OK.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.