CovCath @ Anderson (OH) Predictions

Sir!

This matchup was highlighted as one of the games of the week by Maher. If 2.5 point under dog CCH can win at Anderson they'll be in the running for Maher upset of the week. It's gut check time for the Colonels. I think they rise to the occasion, and snag a 1-0 win.

Key question will be how much they have left in the tank to pivot through a very capable Simon Kenton team on Thursday before hosting Madison Central on Saturday. Good luck Colonels - stay healthy!

Based on results since mid-August, I'm not sure how you can rationally come to any conclusion except Anderson winning this game comfortably. Anderson has a shaky keeper, but their back-line and their mid-field are both very solid. They also have a veteran up top, Elliott Kelley, who has been very dangerous for them this year.

Before the season I had this one circled as a must-see game, but honestly, these teams haven't taken the same trajectory since the season kicked off.

I don't think CovCath will score, and I think Anderson gets 2 or 3 to win comfortably. I'll be interested what type of possession CovCath can maintain, or if Anderson can keep the ball in the range of 65-70% of the time.

I'd agree with Anderson winning this by 2-3 goals in a game that probably isn't really that close. This would be a good opportunity for CCH to try some new combinations, even though it is late in the season. The last three games vs quality opponents (Trinity, Highlands and Ryle), CCH has tallied two goals.

Would love to see Griffin Lamb out on the wing with Blom on the other wing and Stava/Wulfeck up top. Much more dangerous lineup.

No secret CCH is struggling to score goals, why is anyone's guess or theory.

Mine is and has been the style of play, direct Vs possession/build up. I will admit this team does not have the depth I thought they would back in July and early August. (disclaimer, this next sentence is not an excuse but an explanation to support my theory) Pretty sure they have had 2,3 or more starters miss every game since early in the season, so lack of depth has had a huge impact. And no one can blame the staff for lack of effort, they have tried a ton of different lineups and a lot of players in different positions. My suggestions would vary from some of those listed above. Lamb's skill set is to dribble until he gets off a shot or looses the ball. Putting him out wide would be a mistake IMO. I would do the opposite, I would camp in inside the box. The past few games he has come back into the midfield to get the ball, causing him to dribble through a lot more defenders farther away from the goal.

Totally agree with moving Blom out to the wing where he could use his pace. Russo is the player I would move into midfield. There may not be a better player in NKY serving balls. He can ping a ball with either foot 30-40 plus yards on target with perfect pace and spin. He also plays simple keeping possession, finding the open teammate and does a nice job breaking things up when the opponent is counter attacking. Problem is he is valuable as an OSback or Cback, lack of depth is keeping him somewhere on the back line. And I have no idea why Russo is not taking every free kick for CCH, one of the few he has taken was a free kick against Dixie, 25 yards out that went over the wall and beat the keeper. Set pieces SHOULD NEVER be wasted, especially when your team is struggling to score. Stava is another versatile player that can make an impact up top or on the back line. Where to play him IMO depends on the opponent and how the game is going.

For CCH to beat a very good team like Anderson they need every player on the field to match or exceed the intensity of their opponent and to capitalize on their scoring chances. Will it happen on Tuesday, certainly possible. Will they get one or two starters back, I have no idea.

CCH 1- Anderson 1.

* * *(disclaimer, this next sentence is not an excuse but an explanation to support my theory) Pretty sure they have had 2,3 or more starters miss every game since early in the season, so lack of depth has had a huge impact.

CCH roster on KHSAA has 21 listed, 17 field players and 4 GK. Game stats show Matos out for 3 or 4 games, but all 17 field players getting time during each of the first 10 regular season games. For the Trinity game only 13 field players saw action (no Bradley, Schneider, Seibert or Ventre) and for the HHS game only 13 saw action (no Bradley, Schneider, Seibert or Dietz). Stats for Dixie and Ryle aren't in the system yet. Maybe the stats for the first 12 games are not correct? Which 2, 3 or more starters have been missing games?

I anticipate a tough game.....very sunny day so the sun may be in the Colonels eyes, they are playing away, so the traffic getting their may mess up their pre game rituals, could be windy, might be some players playing injured, it's been a very hard week of games, school is really tough this week, ........for all these reasons:

Colonels win by only 1 goal.

I anticipate a tough game.....very sunny day so the sun may be in the Colonels eyes, they are playing away, so the traffic getting their may mess up their pre game rituals, could be windy, might be some players playing injured, it's been a very hard week of games, school is really tough this week, ........for all these reasons:

Colonels win by only 1 goal.

Now THAT's more like it... thanks!

CCH roster on KHSAA has 21 listed, 17 field players and 4 GK. Game stats show Matos out for 3 or 4 games, but all 17 field players getting time during each of the first 10 regular season games. For the Trinity game only 13 field players saw action (no Bradley, Schneider, Seibert or Ventre) and for the HHS game only 13 saw action (no Bradley, Schneider, Seibert or Dietz). Stats for Dixie and Ryle aren't in the system yet. Maybe the stats for the first 12 games are not correct? Which 2, 3 or more starters have been missing games?

I don't have a full review of stats but they have been missing 1 or 2 players seemingly for the last couple of weeks. I know Stava missed a couple games with a concussion. Ventre and Dietz both out for the Ryle game, etc. In the end, they are still capable of winning some of these games without one or two players.

They need all hands on deck vs Anderson to have a shot I think. Not sure if that's the case or not but we'll see tomorrow.

I don't have a full review of stats but they have been missing 1 or 2 players seemingly for the last couple of weeks. I know Stava missed a couple games with a concussion. Ventre and Dietz both out for the Ryle game, etc. In the end, they are still capable of winning some of these games without one or two players.

They need all hands on deck vs Anderson to have a shot I think. Not sure if that's the case or not but we'll see tomorrow.

Is that Tim Dietz' kid that also plays/ed basketball? I didn't know he was a soccer player.