Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Louisville Collegiate 8 Newport Central Catholic 0 ("A" State Semis)

Featured Replies

The NCC boys defeated Louisville Holy Cross in their first round game, and were then

eliminated 8-0 by Louisville Collegiate in the evening semi-finals.

 

Louisville Collegiate and Lexington Christian will square off in the Boys finals at 1pm.

That was NCC's 8th game in a 12 day stretch (6th in the last 8 days). Two words... Epsom salts.

I understand NCC had a lot of games recently but a lot of teams do. Looking at schedules its pretty normal to play 3 games almost every week. I question 8 games in 12 days, why? Whos in charge of putting that schedule together, does not sound at all productive, not to mention unsafe. But 8-0, wow! I expected Collegiate to roll in this one but never would have expected this result. Anyone there with details?

Having seen Louisville Collegiate play in the past this is not that surprising. They are having a phenomenal year and are a well-oiled machine. LC has pounded teams this year.

Having seen Louisville Collegiate play in the past this is not that surprising. They are having a phenomenal year and are a well-oiled machine. LC has pounded teams this year.

Agree. Louisville Collegiate had 10 goals in the quarterfinals vs Clinton County.

 

Congrats to NCC for reaching the semis.

Agree. Louisville Collegiate had 10 goals in the quarterfinals vs Clinton County.

 

Congrats to NCC for reaching the semis.

 

Absolutely no comparison between Clinton Co and NCC.

Clinton Co is #155 with a SoS of 775.

NCC is #34 with a SoS of 166.

 

Collegiate beating Clinton Co anything less then 10-0 would have been a shocker.

Collegiate beating NCC 8-0 is very surprising to me.

Absolutely no comparison between Clinton Co and NCC.

Clinton Co is #155 with a SoS of 775.

NCC is #34 with a SoS of 166.

 

Collegiate beating Clinton Co anything less then 10-0 would have been a shocker.

Collegiate beating NCC 8-0 is very surprising to me.

I was not comparing NCC and Clinton County. I was agreeing with Teemore25 that Louisville Collegiate has pounded some teams this year.

Congrats to Ncc on being there

  • Author

Sounds like it was simply a matter of Collegiate being that good.

They went on to win the Boys "A" State 11-1 over Lexington Christian!!!

Collegiate could've won by a hell of a lot more over Clinton Co. That game got stopped very early into the 2nd half from what I was told.

 

I was told Collegiate could beat or at least stick with college teams like Thomas More. Anyone agree of disagree?

Collegiate could've won by a hell of a lot more over Clinton Co. That game got stopped very early into the 2nd half from what I was told.

 

I was told Collegiate could beat or at least stick with college teams like Thomas More. Anyone agree of disagree?

 

I think this is a big stretch. For comparison sake, wouldn't this kind of statement also mean that every player at Collegiate is good enough to play at the next level.

I think this is a big stretch. For comparison sake, wouldn't this kind of statement also mean that every player at Collegiate is good enough to play at the next level.

 

Maybe they are? I don't know, just relaying what I was told from someone who saw them play all weekend long.

Maybe they are? I don't know, just relaying what I was told from someone who saw them play all weekend long.

 

Possible that they can, doesn't seem likely though.

 

This sort of comment reminds me of the times that others have said that certain UK basketball teams could compete against the weaker NBA teams.

Collegiate could've won by a hell of a lot more over Clinton Co. That game got stopped very early into the 2nd half from what I was told.

 

I was told Collegiate could beat or at least stick with college teams like Thomas More. Anyone agree of disagree?

 

NO ! TMC and all Div 3 schools for that matter have kids that could have played at higher levels. Silly question.

Edited by Teemoore25

I was told Collegiate could beat or at least stick with college teams like Thomas More. Anyone agree of disagree?

 

WOW, now someone has officially gone off the ranch, should we send a search party? This is such a crazy statement I'm surprising myself that I'm even responding.

So with this rational since St X beat Collegiate, St X can "stick with" Wake Forest, Stanford, Clemson, maybe Akron? And S Warran tied Collegiate so I can assume

S Warren can also play with TMC? Do you even have a clue how good TMC is?

Lets not over look Collegiate's SoS of 212 and can they even get out of the 7th region before someone appoints them HS national champs.

 

My money is on the Bengals to "stick with" Alabama.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.