Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

CAT DIESEL POWER

Standard Membership
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by CAT DIESEL POWER

  1. I agree with that 1000% the part I disagree with is the fact that Hester and Perry are the same in that aspect because they aren't.
  2. So your comparison is that Jerry Perry learned from Harp and didn't change much. Yet Hester couldn't have learned from Chuck Smith who has had nothing but spread offenses even as a hard nose defensive guy? Not to mention I guess Hester didn't learn anything from Chris Pardue who is a spread guy or Justin Haddix who is spread/power/misdirection/everything guy? Not to mention he isn't even a serious candidate but a hypothetical one.
  3. Yeah you are missing the point by a mile. The point is that he left there and has grown his game and learned a tremendous amount from several legends of Kentucky football becoming a legend in his own right. So if he were to go back to GC you wouldn't see Jerry Perry style of football. And the overall point was that just because a person coached at a school before doesn't mean that they wouldn't be a good fit the second time.
  4. I agree he isn't interested. I believe he is happy with what he is currently doing. But if he were then I believe he would more than qualified. It would be great for Garrard no doubt.
  5. Haha, 100% not either person I was referring to at all. Simply saying if you have a resume like the one listed above it shouldn't matter if you coached at Garrard before or not.
  6. So, you have a candidate who has proven himself as a position coach and as a coordinator plus, be on a staff that has 9 state titles including 7 of those he was on the staff. Based on what you say above you would not hire this person simply because he coached there 20 years ago? I just want to make sure I am reading what you are saying correctly in that is doesn't matter what a person has done since if they coached there in the past? Obviously I am not saying there is any specific candidate but there is a former Garrard coach that more than meets what I listed above. When I say candidate I am simply using that as a hypothetical for discussion purposes.
  7. Been hated since at least 1999 nothing new. I get tired of it too and like the path you took of embracing it, making fun of it. Like you said though at least we give people something to talk about so we are always relative!
  8. If it is a school paid position (and it is) then the state requires the school to post the job online at some point. That doesn't mean that they aren't going to hire within but it will eventually be online even if its just for a day.
  9. Hahahaha (thats not true either lol) you woke up this morning and went outside to find the biggest stick to stir the pot today didn't you?
  10. He is just pulling your leg. They only have one 5th year senior and thats the QB. They start two sophomores, three juniors, and six seniors on defense. They start one sophomore, three juniors, and seven seniors on offense.
  11. I would love to say that I know who will win this game like most of you are able to do but I don’t know much about either team. I will say what I don’t know about this match up is that beating one Coach Smith is difficult but beating two that’s a tall task for anyone!
  12. I was curious after reading about their defense and how they are only giving up 12 yards per game rushing along with only 25 passing. So I looked at their stat page they only listed opponents stats twice in all 12 games. Their actual totals are 204.5 rushing yards per game given up and 67.3 passing yards per game given up.
  13. Khsaa goes by the stats put in from each team and over half of the games Scott has played do not have opposing team stats. I would say based on that information these stat lines are misleading.
  14. I have to say I am disappointed in the lack of energy in this thread!
  15. I apologize but I don't think you get to ask anyone on here for clarification after last week and all your FD statements. That said a game being a fluke does not mean a team isn't dangerous. Until the final whistle I am sure the BC staff felt that FD could score at the drop of a hat because athletes are always dangerous. Catholic is no exception to this statement and BC could beat them by 50 or they could lose thats what makes HS football so much fun. Also how as the Crow? Are they tough?
  16. I am not sure that your map to the finals is right. The way it was explained to me the other day is that there is a great chance BC could play franklin in round 4. Also Lex Cath has the second highest RPI not to mention lost to the Rebels by 6pts and BC would play them in round 2. So if that is true then BC would play 2 of the top 6 in the first 4 games just to make it to game 5. The current RPI Corbin, JC, franklin would not play in round 3 meaning BC would for sure have to play one of them in round 4.
  17. I think it was but unfortunately Boyle folded FD paper up and then threw it in the trash!
  18. Make sure you cook it properly! Little humble sauce probably make it easier to eat!
  19. The sign had nothing to do with this game but I’ll say it now 100%. COUNTY > city
  20. I sure am glad I don’t use last years team as my measuring stick!
  21. I think you misunderstood my intentions. I was simply discussing the better than LCA comment. I have not idea what the score will be. I highly anticipate a great ball game. Make no mistake one way or another half of this thread will have to eat crow.
  22. I wouldn't use that for the reasons I listed above growth and decline can both happen. In 2018 Boyle had a junior class that had lead them to a state title as sophomores. There were some special seniors too but the MVP of that game was the soph. QB followed closely by Reese smith as a soph. WR/DB. I bring this up because they went into Corbin as the heavy favorite after beating them the previous season very convincingly in the state title. They were in a similar situation as you speak about yet Corbin won that game 21-0. I don't believe last season ever has any bearing on the current one. We lost Chuck Smith two years ago who is obviously a legend and then won another title. We lost Hester this year again a legend but so far the train hasn't come off the tracks. Haddix isnt the kind of guy who comes in a breaks a program so I am not worried about our football program with him at the head of it!
  23. I don't have any base for anything I have never said either team was better than the other. If I had though I wouldn't use the previous season for my basis. The best team doesn't always win and each year is different even if the roster is the same or not players grow and develop differently even decline at times. Was just curious why you thought they were better given there is no evidence to support that claim.
  24. So based on that you all are not better than North Hardin or Owensboro. I would imagine Owensboro will be glad to hear that.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.