Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

kysoccer

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by kysoccer

  1. What I am saying is that if Calvary had a coach that maybe understood more of the tactics and formation discipline of soccer, they could be even more successful than they currently are. In no way am I knocking the kid's on the teams technical talent, beause it is definitely there. I'm just saying that they could be district champs had they been practicing things that were more relevant than 1v1's and shooting the ball.
  2. I don't mean to knock the coach, but I'm going to anyway. If Calvary could find a coach that preached on team play, passing, organization in their formation, etc. instead of focusing entirely too much on 3 or 4 decent players invididual skill to carry the team, they could be a real threat. Hate to say it, but this Calvary "team" doesnt play as a team; rather, they play with 3 or 4 guys who look to beat 2 or 3 defenders then play a combination to only try and beat 3 or 4 more defenders.
  3. Definitely a great player, but I don't know if i would say he's the best to come through the program. Players like Chris O'brien and Zane Ross definitely would have to be discussed. I personally feel like O'brien was one of the best high school players I've seen play.
  4. Absolutely. I dont know if you've ever watched a soccer game before, but a team that is dominating doesn't always have to score. SK had a lot of opportunities that ultimately they should've put away in the first half. One of the shots Cooper's keeper saved was one of the best high school saves I've seen all year. First half sk had out possessed Cooper what I would guess 70/30 maybe 65/35. Just because they didn't score doesnt mean that they didnt move the ball much better, attack the goal, and just play like an all around greater team. The second half like I said though was a different story.
  5. Fun game to watch. SK absolutely dominated the first half and shut down snow for the most part. Second half was a different story with the action taking place at both ends rather than just SK's attacking third like the first half. Snow actualy burried a freekick from distance, but it was taken back (still not sure why?). Overall good performance from both teams. SK has a lot of good technical players on the ball and I think thats what gave them the edge in this match
  6. Looks like districts this year could get a little interesting. Brossart and Scott look to be at their weakest they've been in a while. I haven't gotten the opportunity to see Scott play, but did get to watch Brossart play in soccerama against SK. Looked like a very young, weaker team compared to the previous years. I know a few players personally on Calvary's team and theyre all hard, determined workers. Like many other high school teams though, they suffer from individualistic talent. Lots of players think that they're the best on the team and maybe dribble too much or take shots that really dont make a whole lot of sense. If calvary can start to pass the ball like a team and really find their formation, I think they're more than capable of taking the district title.
  7. I didn't get to see the CCH vs MoCo game, but I did watch them play Ryle and they looked a little weak in my eyes. Trinity on the other hand is coming off a 5-1 mauling of Oldham. I think this will be a close game, but I don't see CCH coming out with a win. I would go with 2-1 Trinity
  8. Regardless, if HHS plays their game CCH is too good to stop. Their team is twice as deep as highlands and that could be the deciding factor.
  9. I'm gonna go with Campbell county. Rob Auspurger pace and finishing ability may be too much for Scott's defense, especially without their starting keeper. Definitely think it'll be close though. Each team exchanging goals.
  10. Sounds like a close game. How'd grant county do?
  11. Moved from Burma. From my understanding, they placed him in the grade he needed to be placed in.
  12. I've seen Moses play a few times. He's got the quickest feet I've seen on a player his age. Always looking to move the ball forward. Quality player.
  13. Game was played at Dixie on their senior night. Really well fought game. Went back and forth the entire first and second half. Dixie led 3-2 coming into half with a screamer by Martin for WV and a tap in for Lawson. Right time right place. Couldn't tell who scored the goals for Dixie. I believe Rivera had one of them in the first half. Into the second half WV put the pressure on Dixie and got a goal by Junior Moran placing it into the corner. Not long after that Leffler beat a man one on one and fired one far post. All the momentum was in WV's hands, but the coach made a decision to put forward Moran at a stopper. This hurt Wv as Dixie started to put the pressure on. They had a few great shots on goal, but Poland came out and made some decisive saves. With only about 30 seconds left, Rivera was able to place a header into the back of the net to tie it up. After that there was kickoff and then the game was called. Really fun one to watch. Well played on both sides.
  14. Thing that is disappointing about the entire situation is that you never will know how some kids would have done had they played on a different team. I believe earlier in the forum someone said something about Leffler or Martin; I'll use them as an example. Their current strength of schedule is at -1.30 (correct me if I'm wrong), the kids have no control over who they schedule which is unfortunate. Had WV's coach scheduled tougher competition would they still be putting up the stats they have? You have to wonder how Leffler (24 goals/14 assists) or Martin (10 goals/14 assists) would do on a team like cov cath or even highlands. Don't get me wrong, this could and probably would make their stats less appealing, but at the same time you wonder how much of a difference a player like this would make on a bigger well known team; rather than on a smaller less known team. Would they get more recognition had they been on a team like that?
  15. I believe he was playing a defensive mid.
  16. Anybody go to the game? Wasn't able to make it. I believe this was for an "All A" game
  17. Goals for WV Leffler, Martin, Lawson Goal for Calvary Mcwhorter Possession was in favor of WV and both teams played very physical. Fun game to watch.
  18. I don't know too much about nky freshman soccer, but I have seen Calvary Christian's freshman team play quite a few times and they seem to be very promising. Lots of young talented kids and most if not all starters play some form of high level club. Forwards and midfielders work really well together and they possess the ball great for such a young team. I would put my money on them advancing to at least the semi finals.
  19. Walton Verona definitely has a lot of work to do. It will be no easy task for the coach. Jake Poland is a great keeper. Got very unlucky against sk. Goals were more so defensive errors that left to "tap ins" or one on one breakaways. Most of the time WV can look to depend on him
  20. If Walton can fix their defense such as bad marking/positioning and work on their offensive possession rather than just kicking the ball over top of the defense. That's what it means
  21. WV played well the first half and kept SK at a 1-0 lead. Leffler, Moran and Lawson all had chances. SK controlled the game much better than WV. They had the majority of possession the second half whereas the first half was pretty even. WV defense seems to be main problem for the team. They're unable to stop the ball to even get it up to their offense. WV only gets a few good chances a game and are unable to capitalize. Bryce o'hara seemed to be the best player for sk, but sk's central mid fielder (tall guy don't know his name) really helped set the pace for Simon Kenton. Martin for WV seemed to be the entire midfield. He had very few options besides Moran and leffler which made it tough for the team to keep any possession If Walton Verona can figure out their defense and offensive possession, they can give sk another game at districts.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.