Cooper 4 Beechwood 0

Yellow Card

Is it fair to say that Snow is the best soccer player to come through Cooper in its short existence? Seems like this guy is in on almost every goal whether it is scoring or an assist!

Cooper had a couple kids playing two years ago that were pretty good players as well but couldn't stay on the field (or the team) due to issues they had but I think this is a safe assumption.

Is it fair to say that Snow is the best soccer player to come through Cooper in its short existence? Seems like this guy is in on almost every goal whether it is scoring or an assist!

Definitely a great player, but I don't know if i would say he's the best to come through the program. Players like Chris O'brien and Zane Ross definitely would have to be discussed. I personally feel like O'brien was one of the best high school players I've seen play.

Definitely a great player, but I don't know if i would say he's the best to come through the program. Players like Chris O'brien and Zane Ross definitely would have to be discussed. I personally feel like O'brien was one of the best high school players I've seen play.

I thought they were discussed. Where are they playing now?

Most will probably agree that O’Brien, Ross and Snow could each be considered the best soccer player to have come through the Cooper program so far, the only other players I think you could consider are Ethan Goodrich('12), and Logan Williams('15).

I believe that Ethan was the first player from Cooper that chose to attempt playing soccer beyond High School; last I heard he was attending University of the Cumberlands. Logan Williams is playing at UAB-Huntsville, Chris O’Brien chose not to pursue soccer in college and Zane Ross is playing for Cincinnati State.

For multiple reasons, I am not sure there is a good way to determine a clear cut “best player” between O’Brien, Ross and Snow. Their careers at Cooper overlapped, O’Brien and Ross were in the same graduating class and Snow played with both of them his first two Varsity seasons. I feel that each of them is a different type of player which also makes it harder to make comparisons. Each player has helped the program achieve some new milestones during their time there, which to me, is one of the biggest compliments you can give a player. The stats are what they are, all three have put up good numbers during their careers but I think there are two areas to focus on when you are comparing their achievements at Cooper. Spoiler Alert…. one will be SOS.

O’Brien and Ross were fortunate enough to play together all four years, IMO, having another player of similar caliber helped both players their Freshman and Sophomore seasons and then Snow was added to the mix their Junior season. Although Cooper has fielded some quality players the past two seasons, Snow has not always had the luxury of playing alongside another offensive player with skill sets similar to that of O’Brien, or Ross.

The other big difference I see when comparing their Cooper careers is the level of competition they played against. During the time that O’Brien and Ross were at Cooper, especially the first couple of seasons, they were putting up their numbers against a much different schedule. In the past few years; the likes of Owen Co, Carroll Co, St. Francis, Gallatin Co and Covington Latin have been replaced by other schools. Being able to play against St. Henry, Highlands, Woodford Co, Madison Central, South Warren, and Montgomery Co. the past couple of years has provided a much tougher test for the team, helped them prepare for the post season, and is also a big step towards moving the program forward.

Just my two cents from what I have seen the past six years…

I'd say Snow is the best yet. I think others that have been mentioned were also very good but what puts Snow above them for me is the supporting cast around him. The others have overlapped their careers in the team but Snow this year hasn't come close to having the supporting cast and as I've seen has only upped his game. What he is doing this year I don't seem to recall any former player able to do.