Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Simon Kenton 0 Cooper 0

Featured Replies

Fun game to watch. SK absolutely dominated the first half and shut down snow for the most part. Second half was a different story with the action taking place at both ends rather than just SK's attacking third like the first half. Snow actualy burried a freekick from distance, but it was taken back (still not sure why?). Overall good performance from both teams. SK has a lot of good technical players on the ball and I think thats what gave them the edge in this match

Are you really dominating anyone when nobody scores?

This is a surprising and a bit confusing result, figured Cooper would have no problem in this one. Simon Kenton has had problems with good teams and Cooper was starting to look like a 9th region contender.

 

Simon Kenton has HHS and NCC next, winnable games?

Cooper has two interesting match ups, St Henry and Ryle sandwiched between two easy games.

These games should define these two a bit more.

  • Author
Are you really dominating anyone when nobody scores?

 

Absolutely. I dont know if you've ever watched a soccer game before, but a team that is dominating doesn't always have to score. SK had a lot of opportunities that ultimately they should've put away in the first half. One of the shots Cooper's keeper saved was one of the best high school saves I've seen all year. First half sk had out possessed Cooper what I would guess 70/30 maybe 65/35. Just because they didn't score doesnt mean that they didnt move the ball much better, attack the goal, and just play like an all around greater team. The second half like I said though was a different story.

Absolutely. I dont know if you've ever watched a soccer game before, but a team that is dominating doesn't always have to score. SK had a lot of opportunities that ultimately they should've put away in the first half. One of the shots Cooper's keeper saved was one of the best high school saves I've seen all year. First half sk had out possessed Cooper what I would guess 70/30 maybe 65/35. Just because they didn't score doesnt mean that they didnt move the ball much better, attack the goal, and just play like an all around greater team. The second half like I said though was a different story.

 

Just watched my niece play her 1st college game on Tuesday night. I love her, but I think soccer is the most boring sport ever. They played to a 1-1 tie after 2 OT periods, and I didn't think anyone dominated.

I have to agree with kysoccer, the passing and movement of SK allowed them to dominate the run of play in the first half, unfortunately they were not able to convert any of their corners or put many of their shots on goal, when they did... Austin Boles turned them away. Credit to their defense for containing Snow and not allowing him to get any good looks in the first half, the fact that Cooper had no presence in the midfield allowed them to focus on him because they very rarely had to defend any sort of build up. In the first half, I do not think Cooper had more than a few chances that involved more than one person in the attack. From the beginning of the match it seemed like the back line of Cooper was almost sitting in and protecting a lead, they did not get out of their defensive third for more than a few seconds at a time.

 

The second half was completely different, Cooper immediately started pushing forward with regularity and it was a much better half of soccer to watch as both teams had chances to take the lead. In the second half SK continued to get shots that they were not able to finish and Cooper finally had people making runs into the box but were not able to get on the end of them and finish.

 

The free kick mentioned earlier was almost 35 yards out and placed in the opposite corner, it was called back for a foul in the wall. There was definitely some pushing and shoving in the wall but it was actually the Cooper player that was pushed away. Either way, the call seemed unnecessary to me because I don't think any of the pushing had an impact on the play because the shot actually went the opposite direction. I was also surprised at the call because over the course of the match there were very few fouls called on either squad.... and there should have been.

 

I think both teams definitely should have been awarded one PK and feel that Cooper could have been given two. If you are one that asks for consistency from the ref than there really is no beef, I felt he let them play and was very consistent throughout the match.

Are you really dominating anyone when nobody scores?

 

Just watched my niece play her 1st college game on Tuesday night. I love her, but I think soccer is the most boring sport ever. They played to a 1-1 tie after 2 OT periods, and I didn't think anyone dominated.

 

Based on both of your posts, your comments actually make some sense to me. You admittedly don't like soccer, this makes me think that you probably don't realize that someone can completely dominate a match and still not score... and possibly end up losing.

Based on both of your posts, your comments actually make some sense to me. You admittedly don't like soccer, this makes me think that you probably don't realize that someone can completely dominate a match and still not score... and possibly end up losing.

 

I can understand what you all are saying. A team can dominate both sides of the ball in football, and can consistently gain some yards between the 20's and fail to punch it in. I guess to me it's just a lot more noticeable in football.

This is a surprising and a bit confusing result, figured Cooper would have no problem in this one. Simon Kenton has had problems with good teams and Cooper was starting to look like a 9th region contender.

 

Simon Kenton has HHS and NCC next, winnable games?

Cooper has two interesting match ups, St Henry and Ryle sandwiched between two easy games.

These games should define these two a bit more.

 

Not sure about the surprised or confused comments you made, here is my take on the result.

 

SK definitely came out with a much better effort than Cooper did to start the match. In the first half they did a much better job of passing and moving the ball and won the majority of 50/50 balls. In all honesty, if they would have converted on some of their chances they could have possibly put the match away in the first half. I looked at some of their other results, there is no way they had the same effort or level of play in their other matches. I have seen all but one of Cooper's matches this season and if SK replicated last nights performance they could have beaten any of these opponents.

 

Cooper did not play well in the first half and had a much better showing in the second. I think part of the issue at the beginning was adjusting to starters missing from the lineup and others being forced to play out of position. Another issue last night was a short bench, I believe there were only 4 subs and a couple that did start are definitely not at 100%.

I can understand what you all are saying. A team can dominate both sides of the ball in football, and can consistently gain some yards between the 20's and fail to punch it in. I guess to me it's just a lot more noticeable in football.

 

Don't disagree at all, I have seen exactly what you mentioned. Three long drives down the field, only to miss three straight field goals.

 

To me this is similar to SK having a huge possession advantage in their offensive side of the field but missing several good opportunities to convert last night.

Not sure about the surprised or confused comments you made, here is my take on the result.

 

SK definitely came out with a much better effort than Cooper did to start the match. In the first half they did a much better job of passing and moving the ball and won the majority of 50/50 balls. In all honesty, if they would have converted on some of their chances they could have possibly put the match away in the first half. I looked at some of their other results, there is no way they had the same effort or level of play in their other matches. I have seen all but one of Cooper's matches this season and if SK replicated last nights performance they could have beaten any of these opponents.

 

Cooper did not play well in the first half and had a much better showing in the second. I think part of the issue at the beginning was adjusting to starters missing from the lineup and others being forced to play out of position. Another issue last night was a short bench, I believe there were only 4 subs and a couple that did start are definitely not at 100%.

 

Allow me to expand on my surprising and confusing comments.

 

I've seen both teams play and based on results to date I was "surprised" by this result. As I mentioned I thought Cooper would have no problems with Simon Kenton.

 

"Confusing" comment is in part directed at the game summary provided by kysoccer. Maybe I misread it but it sounds like Simon Kenton dominated the first half, Cooper has a free kick goal over turned but Simon Kenton's technical players give them the edge in the match. I had a difficult time getting a sense (confused) of how the game went based on these comments. Nothing against kysoccer's post, probably just me not understanding his explanation.

 

So it is safe to say Cooper being short handed played a role in the outcome?

Who was missing ("short bench, I believe only 4 subs") and any estimation on how long they will be sidelined?

GPD- Being shorthanded last night (and for a couple of matches) definitely doesn't help, having to move people around also impacted the midfield and their substitution pattern.

 

Who's to say if it played a role in the outcome, I know that I feel better about the Jags chances if they were on the field and some others were also at 100%.

GPD- Being shorthanded last night (and for a couple of matches) definitely doesn't help, having to move people around also impacted the midfield and their substitution pattern.

 

Who's to say if it played a role in the outcome, I know that I feel better about the Jags chances if they were on the field and some others were also at 100%.

 

I can think of at least one who will be back for the St Henry game who makes a big difference.

GPD- Being shorthanded last night (and for a couple of matches) definitely doesn't help, having to move people around also impacted the midfield and their substitution pattern.

 

Who's to say if it played a role in the outcome, I know that I feel better about the Jags chances if they were on the field and some others were also at 100%.[/QUOTE]

 

I'm not aware of any team, in any sport that does not have a better chance of being successful then when at full strength.

Hoping the Cooper players get healthy soon, I hate for young athletes to miss time they can not ever make up.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.