Everything posted by STEEL_CURTAIN88
-
Ashland 41 Ironton (OH) 0
As long as its not taunting, im fine with whatever a kid wants to do. I just didnt know how he was getting away with alot of things bc of the way rules are these days. Not to mention how inconsistent it all is. Im always a fan of just handing the ball to the ref and acticing like you've been there before, then go and celebrate with your team. But thats just me.
-
Ashland 41 Ironton (OH) 0
He has always been humble and respectful, but on the field this year, he has seemingly bought into how good everyone KNOWS he. Kid is incredible, but his attitude isnt what it has been in the past, hate to see that.
-
1A #3 Pikeville vs. South Floyd Predictions
Id sit Pugh. He wont be needed. With or without him... Pikeville 48 South Floyd 12
-
Ashland 41 Ironton (OH) 0
Can someone please explain something to me? I am not taking anything away from Q's ability and regaurdless of recent events, my past run ins with he and his dad have been nothing more than enjoyable, humble and respectful. Ive notice he likes to talk a bit more than he did on the field, but tbh, i have no problem with that as long as it doesnt go too far. But here is my question. How in the name of Vince Lombardi is Ashland not attempting PATs from the 15 or not kicking off from the opponents 45 after each time Q scores? Seems there is a spike, bowling ball roll, or complete stop and a little shuffle of some sort. I also noticed in the Raceland/West Carter game that Alex Niece picked up Kane Snyder and hoisted him in the air. Have the rules changed on celebration?
-
Best Lineman in Class A
Agreed. His work ethic has become tremendous. He has lost around 60lbs since his senior year and I expect by his Frosh season, he will be around 6'3" 275 and run about a high 5.5s 40. Also from Raceland, while a bit undersized at 5'9" 240, Jerome Hall is another good one for the Rams. Alex Niece is a big ol country strong kid as well. Raceland really has some good lineman and will only lose their center this year. DE Kyle Jamison has had a good year as well. Several tackles for loss, hadful of sacks, a fumble recovery for a TD and a Pick 6. Morgan Carmen at the other DE has really come on strong as well since being banged up alot in his Frosh and Soph seasons. Had a good second half of the year last year. Expecting big things from these guys the rest of this year and next. (Minus Jamison that is a Sr, expecting him to continue at a high level this season though)
-
1A #2 Paintsville vs. 4A Bourbon County Predictions
Especially with teams like Highlands and Cov Cath having a history of regular seasons finishing 4-6 or 5-5 and making it to or winning a state championship.
-
1A #2 Paintsville vs. 4A Bourbon County Predictions
I dont think though, that anything like that comes into considerstion until ater week 6 or 7.
-
1A #2 Paintsville vs. 4A Bourbon County Predictions
I dont see Beechwood slipping as long as they beat HC. Cant punish a higher ranked team for a winning, even if they play poorly.
-
1A #2 Paintsville vs. 4A Bourbon County Predictions
I think BC will have enough depth to cause Paintsville problems. Im standing behind the fact that Pikeville, Paintsville, and Raceland are all on about the same level. Paintsville hasnt played anyone like Belfry or Ashland, this week is their toughest challenge before the district begins. I think Burbon wins this one.
-
Ashland @ Rowan County 9-25
Ashoand by a buggillion trillion zillion. Rowan isnt who they were a half decade ago and they werent exactly a powerhouse then. Long time removed from the days when Cross and Wing were there.
- 4A #1 Johnson Central vs. Boyd County
-
Raceland vs Portsmouth West (OH) 9/25
Id love to see us drop East Carter and replace them with another OH team. Where is Newark Cath neway?
-
Raceland vs Portsmouth West (OH) 9/25
This past game was the closest to, if not the first complete 4 quarters of football we have played all year.
-
Raceland vs Portsmouth West (OH) 9/25
I just hope we can avoid a hangover, put teams away and continue to make adjustments like we did against Valley when teams start moving the football. We had a chance to make it a 2 score ball game at one point I believe and didnt convert a 4th down against Valley. We are making strides. This week will tell us how we can respond after an emotional win or emotional loss.
-
Raceland vs Portsmouth West (OH) 9/25
So, NewarkCathFan, do u feel Raceland is better than Newark Catholic? they seemed to handle PW pretty easily, going by the scoreboard, but in the maxpreps highlights it looked like they moved the ball pretty well agains NC. Ur thoughts?
-
Ashland 41 Ironton (OH) 0
I did and Harris was a more complete back. Baker is faster, but Harris blocked better and was more of a pure running back than Q is. Baker gets by on his shear atheleticism, Harris could pound inside, go off tackle or stretch it outside. Baker needs a crease and he is gone, but imo, Harris was better.
-
Raceland vs Portsmouth West (OH) 9/25
So in comparison, PW is around a 3A school's size over here in KY. What kind of depth, size, atheletes do they have? I have a on guitar student who's dad is on the Dawson-Bryant staff and he said its hard to know what to expect between Ports East and West. Said the waves of atheletes very every so many years. Ive watched some film and they arent really big or really fast upfront, they seem disciplined though, but i think thats where we will hold our advantage. Their QB seems to be a pretty strong runner and Number 19 at WR runs well after the catch. Heres my take on about an hour of film watching: Protection vs Front Seven: Advantage Rams both ways. Raceland WR vs Port West Secondary: Advantage Rams Port West WR vs Rwms Secondary: Draw Special Teams: Draw Imo, Our depth and size/speed upfront will control the pace of the game and our offense becomes more ballanced this week. I really have a feeling we are putting things together and its going to show this week and the weeks ahead.
-
Raceland vs Portsmouth West (OH) 9/25
My mistake. I thought Portsmouth East was now Sciotoville-Community now. I read elsewhere this morning thought, that Portsmouth East is now simply Portsmouth. I didnt think Portsmouth was big enough to support having 2 schools. How many players does each Pmouth have? (that just sounds bad when said outloud haha). Getting the correct team info down (last night was a late one and i should have simply waited until this morning to post a thread, but i digress). Looking at PW's schedule, they lost by 2 TDs to a solid 3-1 Newark Catholic team and beat Coal Grove by a score of 8-6. We have had some good games against Coal Grove in the past, in which we have always pulled away late for a 2 TD win, my original prediction included the wrong team (not in name, just crossed up which one Valley had played). So I am goina have to adjust my prediction. I still think the Rams pull a lopsided win on homecoming night, as Valley defeated Coal Grove by 4+ TDs and PW only managed 8 pts in their win over them. I also think, that this past week was just the tip of the iceberg in terms of what Nathaniel is capable of and I think we will start seeing the passing game open up from that, as well as seeing Kane, Carson, and Bailey benefit from it to. I didnt realize how banged up he really was, he probably could have benefited from sitting out against East Carter, but having him closer to 100% paid dividends Friday night. I still REALLY like what Jamison does with the ball in his hands across the middle and on screens. He is a hard match up for LBs bc he runs good routes and its hard for CBs to tackle him in the open field. With that said, Im still goin with Raceland, but not by quite the same margin. Rams 35 PW 8
-
Raceland vs Portsmouth West (OH) 9/25
I believe Friday is homecoming night if I am not mistaken. Raceland is coming off an tough, hard fought, 6 pt loss to a very good Valley team, a conference rival of PW, so there lies the lone common opponent. Valley shut Portsmouth West out early on in the season. I dont know much about Portsmouth, maybe someone can fill me and the rest of us in. Going by how we played this past week and how things seem to be coming together offensively, coupled with the way Valley handled PW, I like Raceland big this week. Rams come out a touch hungover, but a big 2nd and third quarter possibky leads to a running clock. Raceland 42 Portsmouth West 14
-
Russell @ West Carter Predictions 9/25
Russell wins in a similar way they beat Ironton and Greenup, but with a little more scoring. Devils 25 Comets 19
-
Ashland 41 Ironton (OH) 0
Meant to post a 10th of a second lol. Sub 4 second 40 would make him Usain Bolt lol!!! It was a late night last night.
-
Beechwood Band playing while Covington Catholic was on offense
Is this really a thread?lol
-
Lawrence County 19 Greenup County 15
Giving up over 400 yards rushing and only putting up 19 points, for me, would be a concern. Especially in a district with Belfry. Byrd and Warnock are tough, but Raceland limited Greenup to -2 rushing for the game. If Lawrence expect to be where they think they can with the Dalton Brothers on the outside, they better figure something out against the run. Having said that, I am a bit confused as to what happened. The bulldogs were only giving around 160 yds rushing/game up to this point. Was it Greenups speed upfront?
-
Ashland 41 Ironton (OH) 0
If I am ANYONE, against Ashland, and I watch any film on them at all, I am loading the box and play man until they show signs of a passing threat. Its just not their. But, for what its worth, the only thing between them and BG, imo, is the exact same way, maybe a bit more consistent. Baker is enough to win alot of games, kid is that, darn, good. Cut and dry. Just a sidenote...he gained like 20lbs of muscle AND shaved a second off his 40 time. Thats insane.
-
Lawrence County @ Greenup
Greenup MUST put points on the bored. If not LC pulls away by 2 TDs late.