Lawrence County 19 Greenup County 15

GC_football266

Greenup out gained Lawrence but turned the ball over 4 times. Turnovers didnt lose Greenup this game though they had a chance in the red zone to put it away and didn't capitalize. Great job Lawrence! Took it 90 yrds with 3:30 left to win the game. Byrd and Warnock both go over 100 yrds rushing. Hunt runs the ball well but threw 3 picks. Passing is definitely not our strength!

Giving up over 400 yards rushing and only putting up 19 points, for me, would be a concern. Especially in a district with Belfry. Byrd and Warnock are tough, but Raceland limited Greenup to -2 rushing for the game. If Lawrence expect to be where they think they can with the Dalton Brothers on the outside, they better figure something out against the run.

Having said that, I am a bit confused as to what happened. The bulldogs were only giving around 160 yds rushing/game up to this point. Was it Greenups speed upfront?

Robert Dalton is still trying to figure it out after not playing since early in his 8th Grade year. Timmy Dalton hasn't played since the Montgomery game. I think on defense they are trying to play to many guys upfront. The miss direction last night was gashing them and don't think they seen that much on film from GC. They bent but didn't break last night.

Greenups o-line did great last night. There were holes you could drive a Mac truck through. Why run pass plays when they can't stop the run , I'll never know. We let Lawrence county off the hook last night cause of play calling.

Greenups o-line did great last night. There were holes you could drive a Mac truck through. Why run pass plays when they can't stop the run , I'll never know. We let Lawrence county off the hook last night cause of play calling.

The boys played there hearts out in this game. On paper we won but on play calling we lost. We had no need to pass in this game.