Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

STEEL_CURTAIN88

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by STEEL_CURTAIN88

  1. Certainly havent been the last few weeks. Really since the Port West game, we have been on a downhill slide.
  2. Bishop Brossart and if our emotional snd confidence level stays where it is, we wont win a playoff game. Hopefully we can regroup, get a win on the road at Russell, and have some momentum going into the playoffs. The Paintsville team I saw tonight is far and away better than the two Williamsburg teams that knocked us out of going the BG the two previous years. Paintsville may be the best team in Johnson County.
  3. We are seemingly done. Paintsville may have took the last breath out of us. Hopefully we can munster up some sort of gusto and find a way to make this season a little more bitter sweet, bc right now things are tragically bitter in Ramland.
  4. I dont think we (Raceland) have been that whipped on a football field since LCA moved up to 2A. That Paintsville team is better than any east 1A team I have seen since LCA last won the 1A title. Phelps is impressive, he isnt Baker, but Paintsville has a really nice player in Trimble and Morris as well. Imo, had they'd used last years backfield the way they used this years, Paintsville would have knocked Raceland off in the Reg Finals last year. But that was then, this is now, Paintsville is king of the district this year and its time for the Rams to focus on Russell and try to munster up whatever they have left to make a "Tiger Turnaround" for the playoffs, like Paintsville did last year.
  5. Paintsville is my frontrunner for the Title. I dont even think Pikeville can hang with them after making their QB change.
  6. Im going to go ahead and say good evening until the game is over. I feel I may say somethings that wont sit well with some.
  7. 21-0 Paintsville. We. Look. Bad.
  8. 14-0 Paintsville. Very disapointed thus far in the play calling and dumb penalties. Hope we wake up, but this one is starting to look like we Peaked against Valley and held that momentum into Lawrence Co and that may have been all she wrote.
  9. I guess Bailey Walker with 2 carries and 24 yards isnt good enough. Idk why in god's name we dont do exactly what Paintsville just did. Run between the tackles till someone stops it. To heck with stretching teams out. Run Kane and Bailey until it doesnt work. Smh...
  10. I believe you are as well. Imo, he has his system, staff, and routine down now. The next step for him should be devoting as much time as he can to the youth and feeder programs. Run camps in the summer, bc after this years sr class, Fairview will be lean number wise, which could spell the end in the next few years if they dont come up with something to change that.
  11. Kash Daniel finished with at or around 200 total tackles last year, if they play in the same amount of games this year, I look for him to duplicate that or finish in the 180 range at least. Baker will go for well over 2,000 yards and 30 TDs, probably finish close to 3,000 rushing at quite possibly get close 40 TDs. Is Smith even getting mentioned for Mr Football? Not knocking the kid, he looks like a helluva player, just curious, bc I dont think he is on the same level as these to. I would compare him more to Kurtlen Brown fom Ashland or Washington from Fairview.
  12. For those of you interested... SENIOR HIGHLIGHTS - Quinton Baker highlights Newport Central Catholic High School vs. Lloyd Memorial - Jacob Smith highlights Just watching these two reels, Baker is hands down more explosive and looks to be 3 steps faster than Smith. Baker is a sub 4.4 40 no doubt in my mind. Smith looks like a great DB and a ver good RB, but Baker is on a different level and I think it will show in his numbers this week. My vote for Mr Football would still be Kash Money Daniel though. Just really like the kid and his attitude.
  13. Stay the course Eagles, give Fred Ray time. He knows what he is doing.
  14. What ever D1Son is drinking, could someone please get me just a small glass?! If someone in any class of football can line up on or off a football field and beat Q in a foot race, show them to me, because Id really Love to see it. Q is also closer to being a complete RB, looking more like the Harris kid than what his Frosh-jr versions were, (simply a track kid in shoulder pads) Baker is more of a football player now. Kash is a man among boys, but he is a LB first, but isnt exactly an offensive juggernaut. Now, if I had the choice of having anyone kid in class A to have the ball in his hands with the game on the line? Itd be Kash. He is a fighter, winner, and most of all he is a hell of a Leader. Be it on or off the football field, Mr Football or an eventual NFL caliber player, Kash is bound for great things. Not saying either is better than the other, its just too hard to compare the two. Personally, like most years, I will be suprised if anyone from EKY wins it. Sadly, bc they are both very deserving of the award.
  15. Pack, imo, is the difference maker at some point for JC. Not only does he have a leg, but he can control, place, and pin point where he wants the football to go. Imo, if Ashland is to win this game, they have got to keep JC off the field. So Baker and Co need to churn out 4-6 yards/carry and not only have long runs by Q. If Ashland cant sustain drives that take time off the clock, they cant win this ball game. Bc JC will do just that. With Matney finally opening things up a bit with the shut gun and newly developed passing game, they will methodically mix run and pass and march down the field. Which will in turn, keep Q off the field offensively. Time of possession may have never meant so much in a HS football game as it will Friday night.
  16. Nathaniel can play OLB and probably play both safety positions as well. But, neither he nor Kane change direction quick enough to play CB. We have some young guys stepping up, we should be fine. Can someone tell me how long it had been since Paintsville beat Raceland? I know they havent since being placed in this district again. But there were several years where Paintsville wasnt in our district and off of our schedule all together. Just curious.
  17. You can add Johanssen (though we only had him one year), Nevan Johnson, and Robbie Logan to that list as well. Grizzle was a few inches short of being a small D1 or D2 prospect. We have had some great players over the years.
  18. I was more so refering to football. I Forgot about Jones and Messer were both state champs in track and field. Pettery, Messer, Boyles, and Tolliver were all decade types of players. Wallace will be in due time, imo. We always have a tendancy to be the hardest on ourselves and be the last to give credit when its due, i will admit to that. But we are very quick to voice our displeasures lol
  19. I will respond with this and leave it at that as far as i am concerned. I hear what you are saying, I will go so far as to say, that from what I have seen up to this point, you may be right. BUT WAIT A MINUTE, skill, size, speed, football iq, experience, all that jazz, graduates from the halls of RWHS. Pride, Tradition, and GREAT EXPECTATIONS, will NEVER graduate. I dont care if we have a team full of Pips. It is that concept, that has given Raceland, it's credit through out the state. We have ONE state title, that is the Single A Track and Field Title, from 2003. We have ZERO title game apperances, hell we hadnt even won a football regional title until 2 years ago. Still, each and every year its the same deal. People seemingly want to beat us more than anyone on their schedule. Expectations are always...Win the district, win the region, make it to BG, bring home hardware. I dont give a rats behind in deepest Cave in Carter Co, that will NEVER change. If the team that played Lucasville Valley ever shows back up and decides to stick around, you will see the Raceland Rams in Bowling Green. If they dont, i guess we just have to see how it all plays out.
  20. Nah...the ref still needs to lose some weight lol
  21. Hope things turn around this week. Outside of Kane and Bailey, Things are pretty bleak in Ram Country. Not much talk, injuries could make this game VERY difficult for the Rams. At this point, I will be happy if we lose respectfully and not get ran off the field. I know the boys that will be stepping into starting roles will give their all. after last week, thats about all i can ask for.
  22. My only hang up with Paris is their struggle with a Nicholas County team that had been the whipping boy of their previous district for allost ten years. Raceland was defeated by a Fairview team that Paintsville blasted, but I dont think anyone in the Raceland district would lose to Nicholas or Paris. So its hard for me to rank Paris higher than 6 or 7.
  23. This will be far and away the most physical game that Paintsville has played and the most physical team Raceland has seen since Ashland or Lucasville. If Raceland loses Wallace though, that is a major blow. He is our only matchup with Kash Money.
  24. Considerably more than 4, at around 20 losing seasons (i counted briefly). But even still, for a program that is 88 years old, that isnt half bad. Another thing I would like to point out, since 1983, Raceland has only had 4 head coaches. I dont look for that pattern to change any time soon. Unless Grizzle gets an offer he can not refuse as a HC somewhere, I think he could quite possibly be the HC in waiting. I know alot of people around and with in the program think the same thing.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.