Everything posted by Corner kick
-
Local Soccer Teams
Losing Ibra does hurt. He plays very hard and is really talented offensively. They still should be able to make a run at it though. Next man up. They play this Saturday at 11:00 at Withrow. If they win this game they should win their MRL division also. KFJ won state last year and will also be in the running for it this year. Should be an interesting couple of weeks for the boys.
-
Local Soccer Teams
KHA u17 red just won KPL this past weekend by beating United. This does not guarantee winning a state cup but beating all the teams in a league game shows you that you can compete for one. The local players playing on this team are: Tate Johnson- St Henry/ Centre College Ian Manahan- St Henry DJ Sanders- St Henry Griffin Lamb- Cov Cath Mike Vogt- Cov Cath Cole Stava- Cov Cath Charlie Wend- Conner Johnny Trenkamp- Scott Grant Perkins- Campbell County Good luck to all the local teams playing in state or presidents cup.
- Covington Catholic 3 Henry Clay 0
- Covington Catholic vs Fern Creek
-
Opoy / Dpoy......you are the tie breaker
Both players are really good players and should be mentioned in the discussion. However I think where they are a little behind Snow, Sanders, Litzler, and Day ibecause of their strength of schedule. They can't help that though and have had outstanding seasons. The reason Wend gets mentioned is obvious (36 goals and 9 assists). Strength of schedule is not good though. All these players are really good and it has been fun watching them this year and the success they've had. I feel the best player I watched this year IMO is Day (mvp). DPOY- Roe was the best I saw all year. OPOY-I really struggled with this as mentioned above because so many players had good years. I'm doing co-OPOY for Snow and Sanders. Looking at everything it is really close.
-
St Xavier 1 St Henry 0
Just wanted to clarify. Spoke to a St X parent today. They did play their starters in this game. Great job by both teams. Very well played. Looking forward to districts and regionals. Go Cru!!
-
St. Xavier vs St. Henry predictions.
Update. 0-0 half. Both teams with chances.
-
St. Henry 2 Dunbar 0
Clemente did start. I think he played most of the first half but did not see him in the second half. This is the time when wear and tear from a long season starts to hit. All the teams are dealing with this. Good win for the Cru last night.
-
Top NKY Players (take 2)
Thx OTB for moving this here this is better. In my haste forgot to add one player. A Liles- 33 x 4.12=135
-
Covington Latin
In my haste to get out the door I missed one. Lilies- 33x 4.12= 135. Sorry
-
Covington Latin
Sir that is interesting but would take time and maybe more brain power than I have. Using your previous formula though may shed some light for the masses. It would be good if there was a way to incorporate the strength of schedule from the Ohio teams. I just went with what Maher had as strength of schedule. Formula is player = points x avg. Maher opp =Maher weighted points. This is from A previous post by Sir. I did the top 8 scorers. Forgive me if I missed someone. Not intended. A Snow- 50 x 6.18=309 D Sanders- 39x 7.10=276 J Litzler- 38x7.16= 272 B Day- 28x 7.16=200 D Morgan- 44x 4.23= 186 C Wend- 67x 2.12= 142 Z Leffler- 45x -1.3= ? I'll make this 45 for easy math purposes. I think you could possibly flip Sanders and Litzler depending on how strength of schedule worked out with the Ohio schools. It's close either way.
-
Top 10 NKY players
Thi is a great thread. My brain sure hurts from this math. Looks like St Henry's is off as well unless I'm doing something wrong. Covcath-11.02 NCC-8.85 Highlands-6.27 Dixie-3.46 Holy Cross-1.81 That averages out to 6.28. I'm definitely confused at this point. Not hard to do though
-
St Henry 3 Newport Central Catholic 1
Sorry hoops5. Complete misread on my part. Better at face to face than text. Danielsan will learn from this. Thanks for the lesson Mr Miyagi. Will continue to observe and learn. Wax on wax off.
-
St Henry 3 Newport Central Catholic 1
Hmm... Not sure why such a benign comment has hoops5 so agitated. But I will explain my thinking. The 4-5 boys that play defensively have never played together as a back 4 until this year. It's a hard game to play and then you have 4 trying to play together as one. It's tough. I was not putting any players down at all and if that's the way it was taken that was not the intent. I think these defenders are all good players. Also with Tate Johnson. I said this on a previous post I think he could be considered in the top 10 in the region and am one of his biggest supporters.
-
St Henry 3 Newport Central Catholic 1
Just a quick follow up to my original post. It's just my opinion and I'm not perfect but I think I talked about the good from St Henry side and also stated good aspects of NCC. I stated goals made not attempts on goal. I did not speak in could've, would've should've. And yes NCC had several opportunities in this game but only finished one. I'm sure St Henry goalie would love to have that one back. He stops that 99 out of 100 times. If we're talking in terms of maybes then this score could've been all over the place. Could've been 3-1 which it was. Could've tied. Could've been 8-0 St Henry. Could've been 6-0 NCC. You get the point. St Henry did a better job of finishing end of story. May be different next game. In reference to the offsides. Refs did a nice job of conferring on the play and in the end they got the call right. Just reviewed the video. Sanders on side by 4-5 feet. The outside mid was off but was not involved with the play. Good job by AR and CR on this one. Also if a player puts his hands on someone and extends them he will most likely get a foul called on him. Happened both ways all game. Thought CR controlled that well.
-
St Henry 3 Newport Central Catholic 1
St Henry played well offensively tonight. They are still trying to figure things out defensively. First half was pretty much all St Henry. 2 goals scored. Sanders and Neltner. They really played a nice game together and really pressured the defense throughout the whole game. Second half NCC came out with a lot of energy and St Henry did not match the intensity. NCC got a goal of a free kick by Muck about 10 mins in. The game then went back and forth with chances missed by both teams. Finally Sanders came through with about 5 mins to go with a goal. Assist from Manahan who got that assist on pure hustle. NCC plays very hard but St Henry was just too much offensively for them.
-
Cov Cath
Steve Hahn seems to look at the bigger picture and not worry about w-l-t. He wants the boys ready to play come October. The only way to be ready and see where you are is to play the best teams you can play. I think he has also earned the respect from the big boy schools because his teams always compete and play hard. The reason IMO he plays a Covcath early in the season is so he can use it as a learning experience for these boys. He wants them competing for 80 mins nothing less and that's priceless early in the season. It will usually pay off in the end. Either on the field or in life.
- Cov Cath
-
Freshman Showcase today
Derick Smith is his name. And yes he is phenomenal.
-
Walton Verona v Calvary 8/22 Predictions
Any word how the young man is doing that was saved after having a cardiac event when Walton Verona played a game last week? Just saw the piece they did on WLWT. Thanks for any info and he,his family and the team is holding up well.
-
St. Henry 7 Dixie Heights 2
It was a much better day from the Crusaders today. The back four played much better as a unit today. In the middle and offensively Dixie did not have much of an answer today. The Dixie keeper is very athletic and had multiple nice saves today. Sanders, Neltner, and Nick Tolbert all had 2 goals and an assist. Deters with the other goal.
-
St Henry 3 Highlands 1
That's funny CWH. All kidding aside I think most of these coaches respect each other enough not to do that and know they would not want that done to them.
-
Scott 8 Beechwood 0
I agree with most of the posts that I've seen previously. It is demeaning act to do to an opposing team down 7-0. The goalkeepers job is to stop goals not to score goals! The only time he is asked to score is the 11th man in penalty kicks. I am sure that is something the Beachwood coach will not soon forget.
- Covington Catholic 1 St Henry 0 (Frosh)
-
Top 10 NKY players
These kinds of lists are always very subjective. I think it would be amiss if we didn't mention quite a few players not on this list. Kareem Elgusain from Ryle is probably one of the best players in the ninth region. He's a senior. Will Bedel junior goalie from Ryle. Griffin Lamb, Mike Vogt, and Steven Schutt from CCH all juniors. Tate Johnson a senior from St Henry is their keeper. By the end of the year we may look back and say he is the best keeper in NKy. DJ Sanders and Ian Manahan from St Henry are both juniors. Grant Perkins a junior from CC. Mike Dewald a junior from I think Pendleton county. This is probably not a complete list but is a very good start.