Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Freshman Showcase today

Featured Replies

Trinity comes in town for the Freshman showcase at Town and Country. I know that they play Highlands at noon and St. Henry after. Anyone else playing?

  • Replies 47
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CCH frosh just lost to Trinity 5-0. Hard to play a team like that with 5 frosh on JV. Game was really closer than that with some bad goals given up by the frosh. Louisville St. X defeated Cincy St. X 4-1. I believe Cincy X has 3 frosh on their JV as well who are not here.

Freshman T & C Wilder #2 Covington Catholic High School Campbell County High School 1347

3 08/22/2015 Sat 1:30 PM Boys Freshman T & C Wilder #2 Saint Henry District High School, Erlanger Saint Xavier High School, Louisville 1348

4 08/22/2015 Sat 9:00 AM Boys Freshman T & C Wilder #2 Covington Catholic High School Trinity High School for Boys, Louisville 1346

5 08/22/2015 Sat 10:30 AM Boys Freshman T & C Wilder #1 Bishop Brossart High School, Alexandria Fairfield HS 1344

6 08/22/2015 Sat 12:00 PM Boys Freshman T & C Wilder #1 Trinity High School for Boys, Louisville Highlands High School 1345

7 08/22/2015 Sat 9:00 AM Boys Freshman T & C Wilder #1 St Xavier High School, Cincinnati Saint Xavier High School, Louisville 13

Brossart playing Fairfield now and up 1-0. Brossart brought their JV players I believe.

  • Author
CCH frosh just lost to Trinity 5-0. Hard to play a team like that with 5 frosh on JV. Game was really closer than that with some bad goals given up by the frosh. Louisville St. X defeated Cincy St. X 4-1. I believe Cincy X has 3 frosh on their JV as well who are not here.

 

Highlands loses 5 to nil as well. Trinity does a great job moving the ball. Great experience for the Birds. Playing teams like that help in development for sure

Brossart playing Fairfield now and up 1-0. Brossart brought their JV players I believe.

 

Their jv is their frosh.

Can anyone confirm a freshmen score I heard today. Butler (Louisville) 2 St. X (Louisville) 0. Did anyone see the game? Don't really believe that score after what I saw from St. X this past weekend.

My guess is check the school websites but maybe someone here knows. I'd say that sometimes people read too much into freshman soccer scores (or any freshman sport for that matter). I know Louisville X beat Cincy X in frosh soccer but keep in mind that Cincy X has (I think) at least 3 very talented frosh on their JV that didn't play. You never know is a school is really showcasing their best frosh.

Although I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that the CCH frosh put the hurt on the Highlands frosh last night by a score of 3-1.

  • Author
Although I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that the CCH frosh put the hurt on the Highlands frosh last night by a score of 3-1.

 

They did. Two different philosophies. CovCath has a core that they keep with for the whole game and rotate other positions. Highlands rotated liberally almost the whole game. The Birds got stretched after the 1st goal but looked pretty dangerous at the end of the game. That being said, I think that 3-1 was flattering to the Birds. CovCath had a ton of chances that they didn't convert. The chest to a volley was an awesome goal.

 

Trinity and CovCath's physicality is a good lesson for the 8th graders to learn heading forward. I was happy that they kept battling. The Frosh on the team kept up the pressure. I expect a matchup in the 2nd round of the Regional to be a better game, if they both advance.

Edited by mexitucky

Not about the question the CCH freshman coach, can't imagine a better freshman coach in the state of KY, OH or IN. The guy has a terrific mentality for freshman and is a great, great teacher of the game. He could likely have about any varsity job if we wanted but is happy where he is with everything else he has going on.

CCH is very fortunate to have a freshman coach as good as this one.

  • Author

CovCath, as an entire sports program, has amazing coaches across the board. Basketball, football, soccer, baseball...CCH athletes are very lucky.

Not about the question the CCH freshman coach' date=' can't imagine a better freshman coach in the state of KY, OH or IN. The guy has a terrific mentality for freshman and is a great, great teacher of the game. He could likely have about any varsity job if we wanted but is happy where he is with everything else he has going on. CCH is very fortunate to have freshman coach as good as this one.[/quote']

 

Who ?

Who ?

Derick Smith is his name. And yes he is phenomenal.

  • Author
Derick Smith is his name. And yes he is phenomenal.

 

Very very well respected and for good reason.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.