Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Freshman Showcase today

Featured Replies

They did work hard and hustle. My only negative comment would be regarding the woman from NCC who felt it necessary to badger one of the CCH coaches as he was instructing his players. Bush league.

 

This is the first time a parent has said something from the stands in the history of organized athletics. For the record, it was a grandma and she was saying something to the effect of "Wow, that was loud". Totally benign. Coach was fine in yelling at his player and so was grandma with her comment. Big Freakin deal.

 

What is "Bush League" is the coach turning around and attempting a stare down? Talk about thin skin. Coaches are NOT supposed to react to anything from the fans.

  • Replies 47
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the first time a parent has said something from the stands in the history of organized athletics. For the record, it was a grandma and she was saying something to the effect of "Wow, that was loud". Totally benign. Coach was fine in yelling at his player and so was grandma with her comment. Big Freakin deal.

 

What is "Bush League" is the coach turning around and attempting a stare down? Talk about thin skin. Coaches are NOT supposed to react to anything from the fans.

 

No, she basically told him to be quiet because he was yelling/directing his goalkeeper (who has never played keeper) on how to play. That's what coaches do, direct their players. And it was hardly a stare down. I think he was surprised that someone from the other team would take offense at him doing his job. When you sit directly behind the other teams bench it's best to be quiet and just let the coaches coach........grandma or not. It's freshman soccer, let the coaches do their jobs.

A few questions

 

Groinpull why is it that you keep coming up with excuses to why your team didn't win?

Can't you ever just admit that another team played better than yours on that day?

 

Why are fans permitted to sit behind the coaches? That's Bush league!!!!!!

A few questions

 

Groinpull why is it that you keep coming up with excuses to why your team didn't win?

Can't you ever just admit that another team played better than yours on that day?

 

Why are fans permitted to sit behind the coaches? That's Bush league!!!!!!

 

What excuses? I merely said the PK was a bad call. I said in my first post on this that CCH played terrible. They didn't deserve to win.

A few questions

 

Groinpull why is it that you keep coming up with excuses to why your team didn't win?

Can't you ever just admit that another team played better than yours on that day?

 

Why are fans permitted to sit behind the coaches? That's Bush league!!!!!!

 

DBL......this time of year some fans are allowed to move to the other side of the stands instead of looking into the sun. No matter where, or what the reason, it is pretty widely understood what is acceptable behavior, and yelling at a coach, isn't.

 

The Grandma thing actually makes it worse......in my eyes. I guess one rotten apple will ruin it for everyone. Make sure everyone brings sunglasses from here on out and when you are directed to the sunny side, be sure to say a silent thank you to "NCC Granny."

I will give her your regards

I never said that her yelling at a coach was acceptable, I was just wondering why fans are permitted on that side of the field.

Y

What excuses? I merely said the PK was a bad call. I said in my first post on this that CCH played terrible. They didn't deserve to win.

I always find it funny when we have one person saying a call is terrible and another saying it was obvious. Rose colored glasses now on sale at all high school soccer games.

 

The person saying good call is on the thread specific to the ncc v CCh game

Yes, people will always view it one way or another. On the other thread, someone said the CCH staff didn't argue the call and that is 100% false. Derrick rarely argues much but was very vocal on the PK call that it was a bad call.......that's all I pointed out in the other thread. I'm not sure that I have mentioned officiating all year on any thread because in general, I feel it's been pretty good.

Yes, people will always view it one way or another. On the other thread, someone said the CCH staff didn't argue the call and that is 100% false. Derrick rarely argues much but was very vocal on the PK call that it was a bad call.......that's all I pointed out in the other thread. I'm not sure that I have mentioned officiating all year on any thread because in general, I feel it's been pretty good.

I wasn't picking on your for questioning the officiating I wasn't there so o have no idea. I was just pointing it out that two people can have such starkly different views of the same event. The lack of consistency is ironic in some ways.

Simon kenton girls game no longer allows fans behind the benches. Did GP say the officiating has been good. Love it when there some positive talk for the officials, can't say it's been all roses this year so far. Heard games might start getting cancelled or ran with a two man because of a lack of officials

Simon kenton girls game no longer allows fans behind the benches. Did GP say the officiating has been good. Love it when there some positive talk for the officials, can't say it's been all roses this year so far. Heard games might start getting cancelled or ran with a two man because of a lack of officials

 

There were some comments by others on the officiating of the CCH/Trinity game but I thought it was well called game overall and had no complaints. Only a few games into the season but I don't have any issues so far w/ officiating.

Simon kenton girls game no longer allows fans behind the benches. Did GP say the officiating has been good. Love it when there some positive talk for the officials, can't say it's been all roses this year so far. Heard games might start getting cancelled or ran with a two man because of a lack of officials

Heard this as well. Can't say there are too many jobs that will let you leave early enough to make some of start times either. Especially if the ref is early in a job/career.

 

Shame.

"Wow that was loud", basically told him to be quiet. Have no clue what was said but would have been interesting to see.... Sounds like NCC has their own version of the crazies......interesting in the reaction it obviously caused.

 

Do agree, not good behind teams in any sport.....assume at t n c....big part of the entire issue.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.