Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Old-School-Football

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Old-School-Football

  1. Someone said EKU library or something like that. Need to look back through old post. I'm not sure about a database...I've been looking for one as well. Evidently the EKU library has all of the information we would need to start a database. You bring the doughnuts and I'll bring the coffee?
  2. I wish I could agree all the way around, Empire. Still just feel like UL might be several steps ahead of UK...and I'm a UK fan. Really see UL making a push for ACC title very soon and no way UK can make the jump to the upper part of the SEC rankings....maybe in the middle of the pack soon...and I think that is a big MAYBE??? Any school to land Kash is going to get a great kid. UK is an amazing place for him to spend the next four years. Add in Drake, Landon, Hughes and many other kids and you have an outstanding group. But I really do agree with ATLcat - need to see something with all the big names and 4 or 5 star talent hitting campus - along with the Ohio kids UL isn't taking a back seat to UK in any way. The Burns/Trinity commitment, Dorsey/Manual commitment and recent offer to Wakefield from Male will grab as many headlines as the Cats. Again, fell like UL could be near the top or in the ACC title mix very soon. I'm getting off track. Very thankful we have a kid like Kash representing the Commonwealth. Any or all schools will be lucky to have him. Wishing him nothing but the best this year and going into Freshman year of college. I'm a big fan of the kid.
  3. I have no problem with it. Anxious to hear what the die hard X fans have to say. Seriously...never should be a problem adding a cross to something especially when the school has so much to offer from a faith based educational perspective. I like it.
  4. Don't forget about his kicking accomplishments as well. On top of All-Pro and leading the league in scoring several times. Scoring record eventually broke by LaDainian Tomlinson. WOW!!!! Also played basketball for the Irish. Pretty solid accomplishments for a QB from old Louisville Flaget. One of many that came from that school that accomplished so much. You could throw Oscar Brohm into the discussion!
  5. Trinity Shamrocks have Wed night dinner every week. Great opportunity for parents to break bread with Coaches and Players. Always provide game day snack bags and box dinner to and from road trips. We often go out of our way to feed the road team when teams make an exit for a long road trip home. Momma Rocks organization deserves 100% of the credit for all of the above. Amazing group of women making all of the arrangements for many, many, many years. We are lucky to have this group of women.
  6. Hornung with a Heisman Trophy and NFL Hall of Fame should be on the list somewhere. Nobody on the list comes close to the two accomplishments. But I love everyone on the list. Awesome group of players.
  7. How about Paul Hornung? He was a high school QB after all for arguably one of the top 5 teams in state history. The list should start with Hornung in my opinion. Same resume you listed for Mike Bush making the move from QB to RB in college or the pros. With a much bigger list of accomplishments compared to anyone on the list outside of Phil Sims Super Bowls. Couch is the only other name on the list in Heisman discussions...Hornung brought the trophy back home to the West End of Louisville. Doesn't get much better than that. Again, he was a high school QB in the state of KY.
  8. The 1994 Lampley Team finished 6-4 and if my memory doesn't fail me, that team lost 4 in a row during a certain stretch of the season (District Runner Up)...with a very similar schedule to what we will see this year. I'm pretty sure most of the Trinity faithful would agree it was just as special when the team went on to beat Boone County and Shaun Alexander in the State Championship...regardless of the games the team lost in the regular season. I'm not aware of anyone that ever called that season a disgrace. We have at least 4 teams on this schedule with the ability to beat the Rocks on any Friday night, maybe more. Just trying to keep it real. Even with Ensworth, Brentwood, X and Male on this schedule - most important game in my opinion will come down to the last regular season game @ballard for district championship and #1 seed in playoffs. Remember Ballard was a 6A State semi-finalist last year with plenty of weapons coming back. Love this schedule and think the team will do just fine overall. We will have plenty of time to talk it over during the season. And we all know Coach Beatty will have the troops focused for the 2nd part of the season no matter how we finish after the first 10. Most important, I know this team is anxious to get the monkey off the back and beat Ensworth in week 1. Only 61 more days!!!
  9. Me too! Over the past 24 seasons (since the 50 game win streak)...the Rocks have managed to bring home 12 State Championships but only 2 Undefeated Seasons. Pretty sure all of us will take a repeat of last year but finishing undefeated is really special. 8 out of the 23 total Championships were undefeated seasons in the history of the program (correct me if I'm wrong). That says a lot about the schedule and talent around Louisville...especially X and Male. Hard to get through district undefeated in many years. Even the old district days with Central, JTown, Ballard and Waggoner in the 80's. This year will be like going back in time with the new district.
  10. And keep dreaming about Foos! Just like his Dad before him, Connor is putting in the work to have another amazing season for the ROCKS. He has nothing to worry about in regard to recruiting. UL loved him last weekend and plenty of schools will be knocking down the door very soon. It would certainly be a treat for you guys at SK to have a guy like Foos...but he has green blood running through his veins.
  11. Folks...poor choice of words when I said next man up. Something we regularly use around campus because we dress 100 + varsity kids. If you choose to be away from a scheduled practice at Trinity, you better believe a more than qualified player is going to get your reps. We have no shortage of scholarships or coaches visiting our campus. How many schools can say Ohio State has been to practice recently? Just want to reinforce that our coaches encourage all players to go out and make his own opportunities - at the same time, helping college coaches if they call or need more info on our players. To suggest our staff may punish a kid for missing is outrageous. How would you feel if the guy ahead of you missed a team workout - then you went out that day and had 5 "picks" in 7 on 7 from your DB spot...but didn't get any love from the staff? Just give it right back to the guy that wasn't at practice on Monday this week, missed Tuesday last week, and scheduled to miss again on Thursday next week? If you miss a practice and the guy getting your reps is more than qualified, are you not punishing the replacement if you don't give him consideration? It goes both ways. Different strokes for different folks. Guess the big thing is having 100+ guys fighting for spots could have an impact.
  12. Love it, Coach J. Appreciate you sharing with the audience. Always refreshing! No doubt you can handle the camp situation a number of different ways. No wrong way or right way...love what we do in our program and appreciate what you do as well...especially for so many kids around the Commonwealth.
  13. Hearing so much about the kids camping all over the place during the week. Anyone else obligated to be at practice during the week or do we have coaches that grant exceptions to some kids....maybe you work the camp into your family schedule before or after the scheduled high school practice??? Business as usual on Shelbyville Rd and goal #1 is winning #24 . Don't miss a scheduled practice for a camp or next man up for the Rocks. I think our kids have a small window to work in a local 6pm camp during the week or save it for the weekends. Lot of nice camps during the week - just wondering about practice schedules and the possibility of missing practice to be in Nashville or Muncie...how it works for other programs?
  14. Wakefield from Male offered by the Toppers as well.
  15. I'm hearing equal reps for Harper and Woosley...Blackburn may settle into the 3rd spot for now. Pretty sure it is a common thing but defense way ahead of offense right now. Same situation last year but as you know our offense could score with the best of them mid way or getting into the playoffs last year. Always confident the offense will move in the right direction...just like last year, it may take a little time. Bunch of seniors on the o-line and Jalen Reed looking very strong at the RB spot. It sounds like Jalen is the vocal leader of the offense so far and I like it - kid is strong and really waiting on his turn for the past 3 years. It takes a special kid to sit back and wait for his turn when he is that talented - huge bonus for the team to have him come out and be a voice for the offense. Kids can really jump on his back. Won't get into the defense too much - again, it is very early. All signs indicate this will be a really strong group on the defensive side of the ball.
  16. Congrats to Zack Smith from Male HS for picking up his first two offers from Southern Illinois and SE Missouri yesterday. The WR/ATH is a true speedster giving D-Coordinators nothing but headaches over the past few years. Many more coming his way.
  17. Correct...Manual is left out of the discussion too often. I think the Crimsons would have beat Dixie by 2 or more TD's in the championship. We've said it many times, Manual may have had the best defense in the city last year. Been tough on the Shamrock boys the past few days. Proud of the way so many of them have responded. We very well could have another special group of seniors.
  18. If you haven't had a chance to check out the recent Trinity updates, the Harper boys were back at practice with the Rocks today. Guess we can put that one to rest. Best of luck to the FC Tigers this year.
  19. Welcome back. GO ROCKS!!! Confident the Senior Leaders will keep the pre-season moving in the right direction regardless of the distractions.
  20. I'm not an expert but happy to get the ball rolling. FC is making the move down to 5A this year after a 7-4 season in 6A. I'm hearing nothing but positive things...again, I'm not an insider but know a few people. I love the Lamarius Kinslow kid. All conversations about FC start with Lamarius...6'2" and 225 LB/TE/ATH. I feel like FC is moving in the right direction after the 7-4 season last year and the numbers are WAY up in the FC Optimist program. In the past, the numbers in the Optimist program would usually turn into success on the high school level. I remember...it wasn't that long ago, FC was pushing X and T for the top dog in Jefferson County. I love it when we see teams like FC playing top notch football with T, X and H. The FC Tigers can make some noise in 5A. I was told over the weekend and I totally consider this word of mouth 2nd hand info...but worthy of discussion. FC could be a destination for Larry and Manny Harper based off of current or in progress address change. If so, could be a really good fit and I wish them luck. Might be wishful thinking for the folks inside the FC zip codes but you never know.
  21. I was hearing the same thing around the picnic scene this weekend. What a great addition having Coach Wagner back on the Freshman level. I'm a big fan of Coach Magre in the classroom and on the football field. I personally feel like the young men coming through T should take advantage of the time they spend with Coach Magre...he is one in a million in my book. But getting Coach Wagner back with the freshman is taking things to another level. Must be a special group of young men planning to enroll if Coach Wagner is moving out of the booth. I look forward to it and wish them luck. 67 more days until Henry Clay...81 days until we host Ensworth!!!!
  22. I'm also looking forward to the baseball players getting back to practice but don't think anyone should jump to conclusions about our offense. We have two of the best in the business on that side of the ball when you talk about Beatty and Coverdale. Give it a day or two and I bet several guys show us why they belong on the field on Friday nights. Wonder if the defense and Coach Cobb had anything to do or say about the rough practice. We have several studs on the defense building on three years of Varsity starting experience. I would imagine any team might have a hard time. Just my two cents. Although it is WAY early...I continue to hear so many good things about this Blackburn kid at QB. I was told he may be one of the best athletes on the team. Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to the competition but hear Blackburn can do some freak stuff dunking a basketball and he runs like a deer. Certainly doesn't mean he has the arm to go with all that talent or the ability to make decisions...again, I'm just saying people are talking and that is pretty cool. Like what I'm hearing and looking forward to watching things unfold. Best of luck to the Harper boys. Sorry to hear they won't be back.
  23. How about INT's? How many did the Racke kid throw? Very impressive stats for only a Soph.
  24. Several guys that graduated from that program will be making an impact in college this year. I do believe Jon Davis (Illinois) was recently picked up or drafted to the NFL. Few semi-final and quarter final appearances in 6A...then something happened. I often hear people in Louisville talking about a change in administration and coaches coming in and out the door as part of the problem. I think RockinGa might have the root cause...talent the past 3-4 years hasn't been the same. Hope the Eagles turn it around in 2015.
  25. Great memory! We missed three FG's in the rain but overall the Rocks were starting the playoff run that weekend...you could see the team coming together. I also remember we were missing some key starters that night and a few guys really stepped up to fill some gaps. Senior group was special last year. Hope the Seniors this year can play with the same school spirit and togetherness. Can't wait!!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.