Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

MrKnowitAll

Inactive Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by MrKnowitAll

  1. Score and time? Who has possession?
  2. I think this should be a GREAT game. Both teams are physical and well coached. That being said I think that if this was a best of 7 series Belfry would win for sure, but in a 1 game format anything can happen. Below I have listed what I think are Russell's Keys to Victory. On below is Belfry's. I wish both teams the best of luck and whoever wins I hope they win next week as well and represent the East well. Russell Keys to Victory 1. Win the turnover battle: I don't think Russell can win unless Belfry helps them. Russell needs to find some help and TOs are the best help in a game like this. 2. Match Belfry's Physical Play: Belfry will be the most physical team Russell has played all year. Russell has to match the physical play and hold their own. The most important stat of this game will be 3rd and short (3yds or less) for Belfry. If Russell does not win half of those situation battles and get Belfry's O off the field I don't think they can win. 3. Take some shots: If Russell and Belfry both play well Russell loses. Plain and simple. Russell needs to take some calculated shots down field and make some plays. If they play to conservative Belfry's overall talent will win IMO. Belfry's Keys to Victory 1. Be Belfry. You are the better team. Limit turnovers and penalties and you will play in Bowling Green. 2. Contain Conley. Bronson Korzep is a hard runner and tough kid, but Nick Conley is special. He turned in over 200 yds vs Ashland and made tacklers miss. Belfry can handle a down hill runner like Korzep, but they can't let Conley get in space and make plays. Russell's best chance against Belfry's defense is that they break some big plays and Conley is the best chance for that. 3. Don't get Caught Looking Ahead: Belfry should win this game but don't get caught up with the score from out West. Ask Pikeville what happens when you look ahead.
  3. I think the Devils schedule is better and it will payoff tonight. While I think it will be a good game I see Russell moving on to play Belfry next week. Bourbon had a much tougher time with Estill than Russell did and even though comparing scores is useless (since it is all about matchups in football) I still feel the Devils take care of business at home. Good luck to both. Russell: 35 Bourbon: 21
  4. I am hoping it is a close game, but if I were betting I would bet on a running clock by the third qtr. There was a lot of talking going on by LC people after the first game and I don't think Belfry will have forgotten it. Good luck to both. Belfry: 49 Lawrence: 14
  5. So a comparison of players is based on the teams success? Ok. That makes perfect sense. Maybe the thread is to compare the caliber of backs that have had big games against Highlands. We all know Highlands won, but I bet college coaches are more interested in Bakers 12 points than Kendall's 24.
  6. I personally thought the blocked FG returned for a TD was bigger than the schedule but that's just me.
  7. Didn't he also pick Middle Tenn to beat UK?? Don't put to much stock in his picks. He is last or close to it in the weekly picks.
  8. I am pulling for JC in this one. While Cov. Cath has played a superior schedule and I like to look at bodies of work I am not sure they have beaten anyone as good as JC. The win over Dixie Heights looks good now, but that win was in August and was Dixie's first game. Cov Cath has seen better competition that is for sure but seeing competition and beating it are two different things. Nobody think Arkansas could beat OSU since they played and lost to a better schedule. All in all I expect a game that is close throughout. Would be shocked if either team wins by more than 2 scores. Good luck to both.
  9. I was listing non-district games. 3A has been the most up and down class all year and saying they were ranked in the top 10 is not a massive feat in today's 6 class system. Mason was ranked 6th when they came to Russell. Rankings can be misleading. I prefer to look at bodies of work and Estill's is not as impressive to me as Russell's. Just my thoughts.
  10. Russell has played a better schedule it seems to me. I think Jones has the speed to give any team fits, but Russell played Ashland and they have a couple of kids who are just as fast if not faster than Jones IMO so his speed will not be the first time they have seen elite speed. At this point in the season I usually go with the team that has played better competition and I will have to go with Russell. I feel games against Ashland, Ironton, and Pikeville are better than Magoffin and LCA. RUSSELL: 35 Estill Co: 22
  11. If this happened the Jefferson County would be tough to beat.
  12. WOW Is every high school football coach in OH a math major? Seems a little confusing. I have been around KY coaches who could not figure this system out on their best days.
  13. Ashland physically wore down Raceland late in the game. That was early in the season and the Rams are a different team now than then. That being said I think the same thing happens in this one. Raceland hangs tough for a while because they are a very good football team, but in the end the size and physical play of Ironton is to much. I expect this game to be close early but get further and further out of reach each quarter. Good luck to both. Ironton: 42 Raceland: 21
  14. You are right that there is no easy way to get better quickly, but you could work harder and up your off season programs. Attend coaching clinics. Look for different schemes to battle what he does. Ashland had the demographics to compete with JC but more often than not they end up with a running clock against the Eagles. If they want to act like they are better than others then they should at least give optimal effort to actually be better.
  15. He took two knees when the clock would not run out. He then ran his FB right up the gut in third and goal. Since he could not ice the clock what was he supposed to do? Bottom line is if you want to stop him from doing that then get better and beat him. I understand Ashland having hard feelings after coming in runner-up to JC the last what 7/8 years. Bottom line is Ashland is now an average program in a horrible district.
  16. I think Johnson Central is better than Ashland, but Ashland's big play ability gives them a chance to play close with anyone in EKY. In the end I think JC's physical play and advantages on the O-Line & D-Line win out and the Eagles get the 1 seed and a 2nd round home playoff game. Good luck to both. Johnson Central: 35 Ashland: 14
  17. Maybe Belfry did not dominate Lawrence the way they should have (they have several key players with minor injuries that set out) but you are basing all this on comparing scores which can be misleading to say the least. Based on this logic Russell is better than Raceland since Raceland lost to Ashland 41-35 and Russell beat Ashland 29-27. Comparing scores is fun but in no way a standard for rankings. Belfry is still the best team in AAA IMO. South Warren has beaten a lot of average teams but I would argue no team on their schedule is as good as Henry Clay or Southwestern. (I don't know anything about the out of state teams Belfry beat).
  18. I am pulling for the Red Devils in this one. Mason had big expectations coming into the season, but have played very poorly against some average competition. Russell has been somewhat of a surprise after beating Ashland with the only loss coming to a good Ironton team. Russell will need to be physical and control the tempo of this one but I think in the end the Red Devils are sitting atop the district once again. Hope this is a good game. Good luck to both teams. Russell: 28 Mason: 21
  19. I think the short answer to the thread question is yes. Ashland is talented enough to win any game due to their big play ability. That is what allowed them to beat Raceland IMO. With the athletes they have in the backfield they will always be a threat to score from anywhere on the field. Ashland's problem right now seems to me that they are not very physical. Russell lined up and ran right at Ashland (granted it was out of a spread type formation but it was nothing fancy) and Ashland had no answer. When you are in a district with Johnson Central and your line play is weak you will struggle. Ashland needs big wins against one of the weakest districts in the state in preparation for what should be the district championship at Paintsville to help Ole Mo get back on their side. If I were an Ashland fan I would be upset with the season so far and the state of the program. Ashland is one of the proudest programs in EKY and rightfully so, but they are more often than not being defeated by other area schools (Russell & Raceland specifically) and seem to come up short in their district more often than not against Johnson Central. If I were a Tomcat I would not settle for 2nd place as acceptable.
  20. I will be shocked if this one is close. Ashland should run away with this one. Russell is down a little more than I thought they would be. Not sure all the new changes were the improvements that everyone thought they would be. Good luck to both. Ashland: 42 Russell: 14
  21. Wow. That is one big compliment. He very well maybe but a couple of names off the top of my head (Couch, Alexander, Bush, Brohm) would make if difficult for me to agree. I am sure he is a once in a lifetime talent but to call him the best ever for dominating a below average Madison Central is misleading IMO. He didn't even dominate Pulaski Co last year.
  22. I think Lawrence will be better than Pike Central by years end but at this time I have no problem with Pike Central being ahead.
  23. Wow. Sheldon Clark has really hit hard times.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.