Everything posted by SidelineView
-
Notre Dame Academy 4 Highlands 1
NDA Dominated the game against Dixie also. Why didn't THEY score? Ouch! NotDominateAgain.
-
Notre Dame Academy 4 Highlands 1
I can accept the fact that NDA dominated the set pieces they were awarded. I cannot accept the perception that NDA dominated the game. That perception must be from behind rose colored glasses. The rematch will be interesting.
-
Notre Dame Academy 4 Highlands 1
Here is a chuckle: "Corner kick was well hit and to a great spot, own goal or not, not a gift." Probably best said as- Corner kick was well hit and to a great spot, and could not be replicated by that same player on 20 similar attempts. That IS a gift. The fact is they had one shot that beat the HHS defense. ONE. The other 3 on set pieces. I will concur that NDA had better set pieces than HHS. Other than that HHS held their own.
-
Notre Dame Academy 4 Highlands 1
I disagree with the "70% dominating" comment as well. There were many times in the game when HHS controlled the ball and advanced well into the final third. There were some bad breaks/bounces for the Birds that resulted in the lopsided score. The key was finishing in the final third. HHS did not finish well. This may be a result of the NDA defense but I do think HHS can work this out in the coming weeks. Really NDA got one a penalty, one on a corner that may have been an own goal, the laser direct kick (which was awesome) and then one that the NDA player actually beat HHS defense. NDA did not dominate and is fortunate to come away with the victory.
-
Notre Dame Academy 4 Highlands 1
The PK awarded leaves me questioning. Are all defensive fouls in the box awarded a PK? The offensive player was very near the top of the box and moving away from the goal. There were plenty of defenders between the offensive player and the goal also. But, if all defensive fouls in the box are a PK then it was a good call.
-
All A Classic Brackets
Newcath Lady Breds take on Paintsville in the All A State Soccer Tournament in Frankfort tomorrow 9/23 at 11am. Capitalview Park Full Brackets: http://www.allaclassic.org/Soccer/2017/2017%20Statewide%20Soccer%20Tournament%20Brackets.pdf
-
PK question
Sorry I missed the part about Stops abruptly. Nevermind.:ohbrother:
-
Anderson (OH) 2 Covington Catholic 1
Maybe not the High School Coach, but the coaches that are RESPONSIBLE for developing the players definitely DO have strength training as part of their programs. Most of the HS coaches are counting on someone else to do the player development. The HS programs that do not have a good number of club players had better make sure there is strength training in their program.
-
PK question
I question this: © kicks the ball and it rebounds from the goalkeeper. Ruling © indirect free kick for defending team; So a team is awarded a penalty and the keeper deflects the ball into play, this is saying that it is not a live ball that can be played by anyone other than the shooter. I don't believe that is correct.
-
Anderson (OH) 2 Covington Catholic 1
Any athlete that wants to compete in any high school sport should be committed to strength training. 3 things make an athlete competitive; high level of skill, strength/speed & will to win. If you don't have 2 of those you are not able to compete. Coaches who are successful schedule time for strength training. Coaches who do not have strength training built in to their program also see higher number of injuries.
-
5A # 9 Highlands vs. 6A #9 Ryle
Do you guys remember when Fran Tarkenton was QB for the Minnesota Vikings? They were really good then. "Misty water colored memories, of the way we were."
-
Covington Catholic roster
One of the main reasons for having Middle Schoolers play for the HS, is the level of competition and training that the middle schooler gets. The club teams are expensive and require purchasing gear, travel, etc. Choices are: Rec - $, Volunteer coaches, 1 or 2 days of practice, low level of competition. Club - $$$$, Trained coaches, 1 - 3 days of practice, higher level of competition. High School - $$, Varying levels of coaching, 5 days of practice, high level of competition.
-
Beechwood 52 Highlands 36 (Frosh)
"for certain" at this time.
-
Newport 81 Beechwood 65
I believe he was 4 for 5 in very limited minutes. I think Coach forgot about him.
-
Notre Dame 1 Highlands 0 (9th Region Finals)
As a former official, I found it interesting how much the center ref tolerated from the ND coach. He was calling out HHS players ("dirty" , etc.) and was very demonstrative. I'm ok with the coach questioning or objecting to calls/no calls, but when you make your dissatisfaction so visible, and speaking directly to the other teams players, that crosses the line. Other than that, I thought it was a great game and the high pressure that ND applied was the difference. They dispossessed HHS, regularly throughout the midfield and final third. I also thought the longer passes for ND created some problems for HHS. Good Luck Pandas and Great Season Birds.
-
Highlands 1 Newport Catholic 0
I will admit, I was wrong about NCC being better than HHS. I only saw the second half of this one but the birds controlled the tempo and the ball for 85% of the half. As mentioned above, NCC was without a key player for the 2nd half but really had no possession game. Huge credit should go out to NCC's GK. I saw numerous scoring opportunities for HHS that were saved by tremendous blocks from the keeper. I saw a good number of cards in the 2nd half and IMO all were warranted. Good luck to NCC at the All A tourney this weekend and to both teams going forward.
-
Bishop Brossart 3 Calvary Christian 1
When & where will NCC & Brossart play this match?
-
Northern Kentucky Coaches Poll (Week 3)
Stay tuned. The season is just getting interesting. Campbell is better and you will see that in the end. Look for the post season run to determine who is the better squad.
-
Northern Kentucky Coaches Poll (Week 3)
I would put Campbell County in the top 5 for sure. Perhaps at #3. They are better than St Henry and HHS for sure.
-
Campbell County 6 Calvary Christian 3
I was in attendance for this one as I expected a very tight match. To my surprise Campbell County had quality players all over the pitch. Calvary has quality players but not in the number that Campbell had. #6 from Calvary is only a Freshman and had a significant presence on offense. Campbell's defense communicated well and got numbers forward. Big bodies on offense for the Camel's and good skills. The Camel's share the ball well and can finish. I suspect the Camels will have a very good post season. Calvary is young and there is talent there. A well played game by both sides, but the number of quality players favored the Camels. Good luck to both teams going forward.
-
Newport Catholic 3 Beechwood 2
It's kind of funny to read comments about only having the program for 4 years. Kids are only in high school for 4 years, so if you can't get them to play in a year or two you're really missing something. Maybe it has to do with drawing the right kids to your school? But if the kids live in the area and go to your school, you better be able to put things together in less than 4 years.
-
Conner 2 Newport Central Catholic 0 (JV)
I noticed that Conner played a few girls in both the JV and Varsity matches. At least one of the girls played every rotation with the varsity. Not sure if that is a lack of numbers thing or just a desire to win the JV matches. Either way, Conner's varsity was very good last night in both matches.
-
8/23, 24 games
NCC 3 Beechwood 0. Muck and Schultz are gaining some chemistry and the NCC defense is lock down in class A.
-
Bishop Brossart 17 Newport Central Catholic 7
Mic dropped!!!!!
- Is CovCath on the verge of the Greatest 9th Region Dynasty Ever?