Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic roster

Featured Replies

Looking at the roster posted on khsaa CC looks to have 38 players between jv and varsity. Ten seniors means that 4 to 6 Jr's on jv. I think Highlands numbers are going to be similar.

  • Replies 91
  • Views 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only count 36 players on the roster that is posted but maybe we are looking at different ones. The roster also lists a couple names in error as well. I'd guess that the Colonels will start 6-7 seniors along with a mix of juniors and a sophomore or two. Nate Darpel and Jack Stava are the only two sophomores on the roster and I'd expect both to see significant playing time. CCH has a deep squad and playing time will be tough to come by for some of those players. If they can find some consistent scoring they will be as good or better than last year.

Edited by groinpull

Yes, that's the same one I looked at and there are a couple players listed in error on that but there are definitely a handful of juniors that will be on the JV this year.

An interesting addition to the Colonels is the pending transfer of Elias Ordonez from St. X high school. Could very well be the added offense the Colonels are looking for this season.

Do most coaches list this many players, 36 on their KHSAA roster? Seems like a very large number for a varsity roster. Assume 5-10 of these will wind up on the JV roster along with a few freshman to round out the JV squad.

The St X kid would make for an interesting addition, is his transfer to CCH confirmed?

Covington Catholic 217 Kentucky High School Boys Soccer

This roster list 12 sophomores and 14 Jr's so I'm assuming part of the Jr class will be on jv.

I know for a fact that there are kids on this roster that were cut last week, and there are kids who will play some varsity that aren't included. In short, while I don't know where this roster came from, I'm calling hogwash.

  • Author

St X in Kentucky has 24 players on there roster 22 of them seniors. Not sure why CC would turn in a roster to the khsaa that had kids cut though.

The CCH roster has been listed on the KHSAA website for some time, well before tryouts so I'm guessing they just listed returning players. As has been noted, some of those have since quit or were cut. I'm guessing they'll update it now that final varsity roster is set.

Do most coaches list this many players, 36 on their KHSAA roster? Seems like a very large number for a varsity roster. Assume 5-10 of these will wind up on the JV roster along with a few freshman to round out the JV squad.

The St X kid would make for an interesting addition, is his transfer to CCH confirmed?

 

Not sure about confirmation but he's on the roster and has been at training, although not participating just yet so that tells me there are paperwork issues to be resolved.

St X in Kentucky has 24 players on there roster 22 of them seniors. Not sure why CC would turn in a roster to the khsaa that had kids cut though.

 

I'd noticed the same thing about St. X. Seems to me they are the odds on favorite with that many returning players from a good team last year.

I know for a fact that there are kids on this roster that were cut last week, and there are kids who will play some varsity that aren't included. In short, while I don't know where this roster came from, I'm calling hogwash.

 

Is this intel from "unnamed sources" or do you have a very reliable inside source? Lots of "fake news" in the world today, making it harder and harder to decipher what to or not to believe. If as groinpull says, this list is from last yrs squads, beside the potential St X transfer, what other players not on this list do you say "will play some varsity"?

Is this intel from "unnamed sources" or do you have a very reliable inside source? Lots of "fake news" in the world today' date=' making it harder and harder to decipher what to or not to believe. If as groinpull says, this list is from last yrs squads, beside the potential St X transfer, what other players not on this list do you say "will play some varsity"?[/quote']

Sent you a PM.

Is this intel from "unnamed sources" or do you have a very reliable inside source? Lots of "fake news" in the world today' date=' making it harder and harder to decipher what to or not to believe. If as groinpull says, this list is from last yrs squads, beside the potential St X transfer, what other players not on this list do you say "will play some varsity"?[/quote']

 

If MTGL says it, I believe it. #Guaranteed

I think that roster on RIHERDS KHSAA site just moves everyone up a year in some cases until one is submitted. St X hasn't even had tryouts yet. They carry a big number of players. IF you look at this year's seniors, I would guess many of them didn't get much time last year. St X has been known to carry a number of "practice players". Players that train but come in not having much of any opportunity to play.

 

That being said, they have been loaded with players for years and always get a deep , incoming class every year. They stack the players up deep, problem is that you can only have 11 on the field. They had 35 players on the roster last year with only 2 sophs.. You definitely have to pay your dues there.

 

I would give them a good chance to win their region. Collegiate lost a bunch from last year and Trinity will be young.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.