Everything posted by H2O boy
-
Temp fences in state tournament just cost Johnson Central
delete
-
Highlands 8 Notre Dame 7 (9th Region Finals)
I'm confused. What does the Bird Cage have to do with Highlands beating Notre Dame and winning the region?
-
2014 9th Region Tournament @ NKU
Think I'd go with ND as the favorite. Then Conner and Boone with Highlands as the dark horse. Not sure why everyone is counting them out. Didn't they beat Conner, barely lose to ND and beat Turpin, who beat ND and Ryle.
-
NKY Coaches Poll (Final Poll)
I would say yes. I think sometimes the Walton's, GC's and some of the other teams on the outskirts do not get as much attention because of the location. Not that we forget about you, but maybe we forget about you a little bit! :lol2:
-
2014 9th Region Tournament @ NKU
Should be a great tournament at a great venue. Kuddos to NCC!
-
Holy Cross 3 Beechwood 1 (8 Innings) 35th District game
Nice job by HC!
-
Northern Kentucky Softball Coaches Association Awards Banquet results
No, no not at all. I am impressed and was curious. But I found the schedule on KHSAA.
-
Northern Kentucky Softball Coaches Association Awards Banquet results
Very impressive! 5 no hitters and 2 perfect games! That seems like a lot! Is that any kind of record for a season? Who were those against?
-
Northern Kentucky Softball Coaches Association Awards Banquet results
Congrats to all the girls! Some really nice players! Looks like I need to get out and see Ms Meyers play. I heard and read some nice things, but I had no idea she was regarded as high as Graybill from Highlands. I would have thought Graybill would have been an overall candidate for player of the year, so for Meyer to keep that company is pretty impressive! Also, what separates her from the other outstanding pitchers in D2? (Hoeh, Kramer and Spencer) Is she a hitter too? Congrats to that young lady for making such an impact this early in her career!
-
NKY Coaches Poll (Week 10)
Hmmm...I could probably go either way. Just looking at Highlands' schedule online, it was brutal! So I'm not sure wins would be a great indicator. But they have 18-19 anyway. And if I'm not mistaken, I thought I read on here their pitcher either played hurt or was out for about 3 weeks. Since she's been back healthy, they appear to be playing very well. I think I'd flip a coin between those two.
-
NKY Coaches Poll (Week 10)
So you feel they should jump Highlands?
-
NKY Coaches Poll (Week 10)
Conner now has two losses from teams ranked below them in NKY (Highlands and WV). BUT Conner also has wins over teams above them. So I'm not sure how much higher WV can go, but they should definitely jump Brossart.
-
Walton Verona 17 Newport Central Catholic 1
Not sure about very young. Outside of ND (with a lot of Seniors) and NCC (with a lot of JRs), I would say that is about the ages of all the other teams in NKY...with some being much younger. But none the less, they look to have a very solid season!! Good luck to WV!
-
Uncle Pete Noll Tourney (Fri, Sat, & Sun. @ Softball City)
Very interesting! I have no dog in this fight, my daughter graduated a couple years ago. But I still like seeing the games. What I can tell you is a second place finish doesn't mean that someone's opinion of who the best teams were aren't correct. End of tournament standings can have a lot to do with the draw. I saw several games this weekend. If I were to rank the teams by who I saw and how they played, I would say on this weekend, it was Boone, knock, highlands, brossart, St Henry in that order. Yes brossart officially finished 2nd, but I think they only played one of the teams I have ranked ahead of them. Seemed like the top 3 all played each other.
-
Uncle Pete Noll Tourney (Fri, Sat, & Sun. @ Softball City)
All the umps I saw did well.
-
Highlands/NCC Thursday March 20th
Wasn't trying to upset anyone. Just had some time today and wanted to take in a game. Thought this might be a good one. If you're saying it won't, I may skip it and find different one. Any other suggestions for today?
-
Newport Central Catholic @ Highlands (Mar. 20th) Predictions
Well then my source was correct. I plan on taking this one in tomorrow. Should be a good game?
-
Newport Central Catholic @ Highlands (Mar. 20th) Predictions
First pitch at 5:30. JV will play under the lights after the varsity game! Nice to get a full game in for the JV!
-
Campbell County 2014
I like what's going on in the County.
-
Covington Catholic 11 DeSales 4
Looks like the Colonels hit the ball a little.
-
Harrison County 5 Bishop Brossart 2
Nice showing by the Stangs! hanging tough
-
Highlands 17 St. Henry 3
Nice win for the Birds! I really think St. Henry has a good thing going over there. Surprised by the margin a little. It's early!
-
Bishop Brossart 16 Dayton 0
Good start for the Stangs!
-
Campbell County 7 Harrison County 5
I know Harrison is a strong baseball school. What is their softball program like?
-
Highlands/NCC Thursday March 20th
Didn't Highlands take two of three last year in this matchup? Or did I get bad information? Why would this one be a large victory for NCC if their starters were available? Did Highlands lose a lot to graduation?