Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

GrantNKY

Standard Membership
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GrantNKY

  1. The regional tournament matchup are determined by a draw. Who would rather lose and play a winner or win and play a loser. If this happened then the coach should be fired for ignorance.
  2. Wrong analogy. What you are suggesting would be like downgrading from a Ferrari to a bicycle.
  3. Grammer won back to back district titles at Grant County for the first time since 89. That makes him a pretty good coach in my book. I was just throwing the zone information out as an example of his coaching. The tall lanky one I believe you are referring to is Jordan Saylor. While he does have a firery personality, his energy and intensity fuels Grant County and Grammer did a great job of utilizing that energy last night.
  4. How is it stupid? Kentucky literally does high school basketball better than anyone else. Does Kentucky have the greatest basketball talent in the country? No. But their is more passion in this state for high school basketball than the other 49 combined. Why mess with a great thing?
  5. While it's easy to complain about the losers advancing, I think this is one thing that makes Kentucky High School basketball so great. Didn't Cov Cath lose their district last year and go on to win state? I know Simon Kenton lost the district last year and went to the regional finals game. It's all about finding the best team and I believe Kentucky does that better than anyone. Also I don't know about the rest of you all, but I would love to see rematches between Simon and Grant, Lincoln and Boyle, etc. Kentucky High School basketball is one of the greatest things about this state, no need to change.
  6. I think Grammer proved last night that he is an elite level coach. Putting in the 3-2/ 1-2-2 whatever you want to call it late in the first half, then coming out in man to start the second half, I believe really threw SK off guard. Before the game I think you would have given the edge to SK because of experience at the coaching position, but after tonight I think that edge has been erased. Grant is the most talented team in the region and if the play every game like they did last night, nobody is beating them.
  7. Regardless the opinions of GC's former coach, or the opinions of the current coach. This is arguably the most talented team Grant Co. has had since the Jones and Plunkett days of the early to mid 2000's. I know they have struggled as of late, but I just find it hard to believe that a team with as much talent as Grant County has this year, that they will not find a way to win on Friday.
  8. Keys for GC: play with focus and intensity on defense, big men cannot get into foul trouble early, and must be patient on offense. Grant County has to come out with more intensity than last night or they will get beat. I think GC proved last year that the stage will not be too big for them and I believe they will win in another relatively low scoring game 56-53.
  9. Simon Kenton vs. Grant County @ Simon Kenton on Friday. What are the keys to the game for both teams, and who do you think will win and why?
  10. While I think WV is certainly capable of pulling the upset, I don't particularly see it happening. So with a GC vs. SK final again, SK will definitely be favored. Mullins will get his, but I think GC will win if Johnson from Grant can keep Robinson under ~10 points. Grant will have to rotate defensively in order to deal with SK's size at the guards. Should be an interesting district.
  11. Is a GC vs. SK championship a lock? Does anyone think WV or even W-Town can pull an upset? What do you think are the keys to victory for each team?
  12. I have seen a good portion of their games this year and I cannot figure this team out. I would venture to say Grant Co. top to bottom is one of the most athletic teams in the 8th. It seems they compete in the first half of every game. At Collins they were only down 2 at the half, then wind up losing by double digits. It looks to me like they just are finding a hard time motivating themselves right now. I have my opinions on where their problems lie, I am just curious as to what others perspectives are.
  13. While Grant did win the other night against Henry, they haven't been playing well as of late. Any opinions on what is causing their recent struggle? Big district game Friday night at Walton- Verona.
  14. No argument about Carson Williams from Owen County being the clear MVP for the 8th, because even though they have a couple good guards, Williams is Owen County. But if Williams wasn't in contention, Johnson from Grant Co. could very well earn this title. As far as what he means to his team, Johnson could very well be the MVP. One of the best pure point guards in the state.
  15. I respectfully disagree with you on Grant as a defensive unit as a whole. They will rotate three 6'4 players down low with Burk and Schneider being as tough as anyone in the region and Saylor who, in my opinion, is the best shot blocker in the region. Johnson will shut down the opposing best player and Adkins is solid defensively for being a prolific scorer and Rose who might start or come off the bench will shut down the opposing teams 2nd best player. For any team to beat Grant they will have to get 70+ and I just do not see that happening very often.
  16. Sorry I assumed that since there was discussion about SK then Grant would also be considered since they are in the same district.
  17. Johnson or Adkins from Grant County (take your pick) should be on the list.
  18. I think Austin Johnson from Grant County should be on the list. Best PG in the region; unselfish, great passer, great athlete, and can shut down any offensive player in the state. Anyone who saw them play Holmes this summer knows that. Austin played soccer this fall for the first time and came 1 goal shy of tying the school record for most goals in a career. Freak athlete. Then Adkins, who was already the best penetrator in the 8th, improved his jump shot dramatically over the summer and should average 20+ a night. Jordan Saylor is one of the most athletic basketball players I have seen play. Throws it down with authority and has a great jump shot for a big man. The real surprise this year should be Cameron Burk. 6'4, 190 pounds. Extremely athletic and will control the boards on both sides for the Braves. This team is loaded with Seniors who have played together since the 2nd grade and have a passion for the game and a camaraderie that you will be hard pressed to match anywhere in the state. The 32nd district will represent at Rupp this year.
  19. BGP just forgets about Grant Co. They won the district last year, and while they graduated their two big players Cummins and Hicks, they keep the core of the team with and have two players who should receive serious consideration for 8th region player of the year in Austin Johnson and Seth Adkins. This years senior class has played together since 3rd grade and I challenge you to find a more close knit group of teammates. Don't sleep on Grant County.
  20. Yeah all the administration cares about is getting kids out the door with a diploma? Really? Do you even live in grant county? They have done so much to the school in recent years to make it better. They have out smart boards in every classroom allowing students to learn in ways never thought before. Then they only built a multi million dollar tech center to give students who do not wish to go to college usefully skills that will help them find a job or start a career without flipping burgers. I don't who you are but you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.
  21. If the administration was indeed trying to fire Coach Hicks, then there had to be a reason. All Coach Hicks wanted to do was coach basketball, hence why he was never put in a real class because all he can teach is health and physical education and GCHS already has a fine gym teacher in Utter. If Coach Hicks would have turned things in on time and followed simple guidelines given by administration then they would have had a better opinion of him. Coach never intended Grant county to be a permanent stop considering he never bought a house and rented the same one for three years. You all are relying on what Coach Hicks has told people, not fact. I'm tired of people bashing the yes mam philosophy. Every other occupation in the world is this way, why should a basketball coach be treated special? How hard is it to realize the obvious? Coach Hicks left because SV is a better job for him. He is from that part of Kentucky so let him go back to his people.
  22. I'm really tired of everyone bashing the administration at Grant County. The administration has done absolutely nothing wrong. Coach Hicks was placed in a credit recovery class, where he has an assistant and basically sat at his desk all day. If anything I would say the administration was setting him up to succeed, not fail. Unless there were some underlying factors that took place behind the scenes, (which I highly doubt) then you all are going off one mans story. Has anyone ever considered that maybe Coach Hicks is leaving Grant for SV simply because it is a better job? I mean didn't SV win state just 3 years ago? Even with the team he had coming back at Grant. Which is probably nothing now since Carr is, in my best guess, going to follow Coach Hicks to SV. I believe Coach Hicks saw an opportunity and wanted to jump on it before the door closed and is now bashing the adminstration so he doesn't get Grant county's finest hating him. Now when it comes to Bobby Burgess no one and I mean NO ONE does more for grant county sports than him. Most know everything he does for basketball, but if the baseball field needs mowing, raked, or anything Bobby is the first one there. If the football team needs anything Bobby will know what to do. If anyone does not have the absolute utmost respect for Mr. Burgess then you obviously have never met him. But if you are relying on him for information on the inner workings of Grant county high school then you should do some more research. Because what Bobby knows, Coach Hicks has told him. I wish the absolute best for Coach Grammer and the 13-14 Braves.
  23. 6 runs are 6 runs against the "great" Jordan Martin. Grant County can hit the baseball.
  24. Grant County put up 6 runs on Jordan Martin in 3 innings! And knocked Kendall around too. Should have won the game if it wasn't a BS call by the umpires.
  25. Grant County- Aaron Goe-Morehead

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.