Everything posted by GrantNKY
-
Open Job: Grant County
I know they are having some kind of workouts, but don’t have any other details.
-
Class AA tournament
Forgive my ignorance, but what’s the cutoff for 2A in football? The only reason I asked is because there are a ton of 2A schools for football that play in the basketball All A.
-
Class AA tournament
Who qualifies for AA in basketball?
-
Alternate helmets and concussions...
Odds are if your school can purchase multiple helmets you can afford to have all of them fitted. I’ve never understood this rule at all at the NFL level. Plus if you switch helmets more regularly it helps keep the intergrity of each individual helmet stronger. Honestly the NFL rule to me seems like it may stem from stingy owners not wanting to purchase multiple helmets for every player. *cough* Mike Brown *cough*
-
Whitaker Bank/KHSAA Boys Sweet 16 First Round: Trinity vs. Scott County Predictions
I wish there was some way to seed the Sweet 16 so we don’t get matchups like this in the first round. I’ll go SC by 3.
-
Are girls allowed to play another sport during basketball season
Yeah I’m not sure why they wouldn’t be. I know when I was in school there were some baseball and softball players that ran track in the spring. A lot of kickers on football teams play soccer. I don’t see why this would be any different. Obviously the only problem would be the coaches agreeing to split time.
-
Open Job: Grant County
Yep but that’s a different story entirely.
-
Open Job: Grant County
For sure a better baseball player. Dude was a stud on the diamond. I just remember watching him play and heard he got some looks as a football player as well. It is GC though so how much stock I put into hearing he got some DI looks is questionable, but I do know he was definitely a hell of an athlete.
-
Open Job: Grant County
I think my vote would probably go to Dillon Pelfrey as far as who was simply the most skilled and talented player to ever play for GC. He was borderline talented DI for football. I also don’t really go back that far so that’s just based on who I’ve seen.
-
Is there basketball redistricting occurring today?
So you would prefer the closer proximity to teams in SK’s region than you would having a potentially easier path to a regional championship?
-
Drew Rom in PBR Super 60 Pro Showcase
Usually the acronym is "TTUN" meaning "That Team Up North". This is how Ohio State fans refer to Michigan which is where Rom is currently committed.
-
Retired High School Numbers
Retire the jersey not the number.
-
Open Job: Grant County
I’m not tossing blame anywhere I’m just saying that it shouldn’t be that way.
-
Open Job: Grant County
This is as big of a problem as any IMO.
-
Simon Kenton 62 Grant County 34
Were you in attendance last night?
-
Open Job: Grant County
Lots of big kids at GC who don’t play football. Just go to Body Works around 6:00 every night and you’ll see a kid about 6’7 320 and is strong as an ox. He graduated in 2014 I believe. Never stepped foot on a football field.
-
Open Job: Grant County
Thanks for posting this and yeah I did read all of it. Haha Honestly I really liked the points you made and you probably changed my opinion on the subject a little bit.
-
Open Job: Grant County
If Williamstown had a football team people would show up to see the band at halftime and leave.
-
Open Job: Grant County
Maybe I’m being too optimistic about it but I would certainly like to believe it would be supported.
-
Open Job: Grant County
If Grant County had a winning football program the community would support it. I have no doubt about that.
-
Open Job: Grant County
Yeah I’m not the person to ask about that. I will say that Dalzell used to run a very good middle school program but it never translated to High school success. I have no idea how the MS program has been the past few years.
-
Open Job: Grant County
Interest in the hallways is zero. It was when I was in school there and years later I’m sure it’s still that way. It’s so hard to build a program when kids don’t want to play football nor do they care about the program. If you start winning they will come, but without the players you stand no chance. I know GC isn’t alone in the state, but it sure feels like GC Head Coach is the toughest job to turn around in the state.
-
Open Job: Grant County
Community support comes from winning and making progress. I think Grant County could support a football program, but it starts with winning. IMO getting blown out by your 3 district opponents every year is counter productive.
-
Open Job: Grant County
How can you get any better without support from the administration and the community? I don’t see how that support can be earned by being in competitive year in and year out against every team in your district. Yes it sucks that GC can’t compete but there just isn’t the talent level at the school nor do they have even enough kids playing sports period to support a 5A football program. They are a 5A school with the same number as kids playing sports as a 1A school.
-
Open Job: Grant County
What’s the alternative? Just continue to get their brains beat in by their district?