Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Northstar85

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Northstar85

  1. Gaither is as good as it gets. And the basketball cliche that never gets old, "in the postseason, coaching kicks in".
  2. This game is always a close one. Hopefully Collins is getting everyone back in the flow.
  3. Hollingsworth is special. Just didn't have the supporting cast that he needed.
  4. I've said it before and I'll say it again, coach Gaither is the best in the business at preparing a team.
  5. Missing kids. Coach Gaither will take advantage and continue developing depth.
  6. They may have overlooked Spencer a little bit. But this game was never in doubt.
  7. This is a really really bad loss for Johnson Central. I'm sure there will be the "we just didn't make enough shots" explanation. But in reality, the best team from the mountains just lost to one of the bottom 3 teams in the 8th region. I have always supported the Shelby County teams. But Shelby County hasn't been relevant since Collins opened.
  8. The Titans just have too much for Shelby this year. This game is normally more competitive.
  9. Bullitt East is always good. I question that there aren't any 8th region teams. South Oldham should at least be in there. Also, University Heights? They're always talented, but rarely win games against quality teams. Was this a coaches poll? Or just the writers?
  10. Last year was an uncharacteristic down year for Collins. But coach gaither was able to get a lot of younger kids some valuable experience. I believe they'll make a lot of noise in the 8th.
  11. Not surprised they won. But surprised the margin was that big. Anyone know how many PRP kids may be playing football? Their season ended last night.
  12. Oldham County is always a well run tournament. I've watched games there a few times.
  13. Spend most nights in Collins or Shelby County's gym. But I will also take in Bullitt East games. And occasionally go to Spencer County and Louisville Eastern.
  14. Agree on all except Trinity. I'll take Trinity against anyone this year.
  15. So you're saying you won't be there?
  16. Interesting mix of teams. Should make for some entertaining games.
  17. I wonder what percentage of coaches responded to the survey. Not just in the 6th, but around the state. Looking at the other regions, there seems to be a lot of questionable team rankings
  18. I know what you mean. I was attacked pretty bad one day for saying that I thought he would have a great D2 career one day. Congrats to a kid going where he knows he can have a great college experience.
  19. Saw Bullitt East multiple times this summer. If they're the 10th best team in the 6th region, I want to see Jeffersontown, Butler, and North Bullitt. Fern Creek has been the popular team when it comes to hype. Can they finally do it this year? They got a transfer from Eastern that should put them over the top, but it remains to be seen. PRP had an uncharacteristic down year last season. They'll be in the thick of things. And Tony Williams always has Doss in a great position.
  20. I'll pick South Oldham to win the region, with Collins as a dark horse. Coach Gaither is great at building his teams up. Success could be determined by how healthy the football guys are when they show up. I'll also go out on a limb and say that soencer County will finish better than they're preseason prediction. Well coached, and a couple of nice young players.
  21. The reality is, no matter what his real age is, he's going to play at the highest level of college basketball, and get a free education in the process. And regardless of him being 19, 20, 21, whatever, he is still a kid that should be congratulated, not condemned.
  22. Great for him and congratulations to his family!
  23. Could be difficult considering they haven't offered him a scholarship yet. Some schools use officials as a way to get a kid on campus to evaluate them for a few days. Not saying that's the case here. But as of now, there hasn't been an offer extended.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.