Everything posted by OpieTaylor
-
Bracken County 2015/2016
I don't think there is any question that Coach Hinson will have them as well prepared as possible. The game preparedness and X's and O's, will no doubt be there. Probably the biggest hurdle will be instilling the focus and determination that is necessary to have a winning culture. And in all fairness to Coach Hinson that is not an overnight process. Any team can say, we will be a different team in February than we are in December, but I think that especially holds true for this squad.
-
Mason County 2015/1016
Any particular reason why those boys would now be trying out?
-
Tanner Pugh at Augusta
Another good debate ruined with facts. :lol2:
-
Mason County 2015/1016
I'm not forgetting that at all. That's why I said there is not much depth. My larger point was, it's irrelevant to compare any Augusta game without Snapp vs with him.
-
Mason County 2015/1016
In regard to the district championship last year: There is not a lot of depth at Augusta, so therefore, them playing without Camryn Snapp versus a game played with him is like apples to oranges.
-
10th Region Cats Pause
Since you put it that way, I'd better behave!:lol2:
-
10th Region Cats Pause
Of course they did, that's why I said "a lot" and not "all".
-
Mason County 2015/1016
Augusta stood toe to toe with an obviously talented Mason team in the regular season before falling by 11 last year. Augusta returns that core group, whereas Mason has a much less experienced team this season. No question with both having new coaches that could impact things, though.
-
10th Region Cats Pause
True. But a lot of the players they played against last season obviously have another year on them as well.
-
10th Region Cats Pause
No question that Mason would have to be favorite going into season, but let's not forget that they didn't win the region in dominating fashion last season, so think it will be closer than some think. Also, really have no reason to think that Bracken will be down. After all, they scored only 37 points and lost to Augusta by one in the district. A team they had beat by 24 earlier in the year, while scoring 69 points. As far as the players they lost to graduation, I think Jefferson, Kalb, Florer and Deaton can fill in quite nicely along with the players you mentioned. You noted that you haven't seen Bradshaw coach, so it would be hard to assess that they would be down for that reason, as well.
-
10th Region Cats Pause
Can't say for sure the level competition. Again, one of the reasons I said it was irrelevant.
-
10th Region Cats Pause
Somewhat irrelevant, I know, but I believe Mason may have won all but one of their AAU tournaments this summer without all of their starters, including who most consider their best player, Omara.
-
Cats Pause 10th Region rankings
Was really impressed with how this young man expanded his game between his sophomore and junior seasons. Already an outside threat, really learned how to drive to the basket.
-
Region Favorites
Don't be getting on here and be reasonable. :lol2:
-
10th Region Cats Pause
I think Nicholas has the makings to climb the list as well.
-
Region Favorites
Ok. On the surface a person could say, Mason "messed up", as you said Bracken did, because Piper took Mason to the semifinals of the state. But as you stated, there were other circumstances, in this case you say it was a teaching position. So maybe Bracken had other circumstances as well, not necessarily a teaching position, that they looked at, as well.
-
Region Favorites
Not sure what this has to do with the topic at hand. My point had nothing to do with teaching positions or lack there of. I was simply suggesting that there could be a variety of circumstances affecting ones employment, besides wins/losses, just as the other post eluded to about Masons coach, in that case, being because of a teaching position, even though they made it to the semi-finals of the state.
-
Region Favorites
So, there were extinuating circumstances in the Mason situation, but couldn't possibly have been in the Bracken situation?
-
Region Favorites
Explain how they messed up. Did Mason "mess up" by letting their coach go?
-
Dontaie Allen 6'4" freshman From Pendleton County had a big summer!
No doubt. He obviously could go to a school that gets more exposure, but don't think he's going to find a coach with his best interest at heart like Coach Belcher.
-
Cats Pause 10th Region rankings
Agree on Allen. Actually think he's at that developmental stage in which he easily shoot way up the list.
-
10th Region: Rank The Districts
Not sure what you're referring to?
-
10th Region: Rank The Districts
I guess one would have to know a lot of behind the scenes details, not just the wins and losses.
-
10th Region: Rank The Districts
I would only assume that there is an expectation that these changes affect how those teams perform.
-
10th Region: Rank The Districts
Think it will be very interesting to see the impact that the various coaching changes around the region will have, as well.