Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tanner Pugh at Augusta

Featured Replies

Anyone hear if he's been ruled eligible to play or not?

  • Replies 49
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was ruled ineligible on October 8th and hasn't practiced since then. I believe he is supposed to have a hearing sometime this week to see if he can play.

He was ruled ineligible on October 8th and hasn't practiced since then. I believe he is supposed to have a hearing sometime this week to see if he can play.

What was the reasoning to be ruled ineligible?

  • Author
He was ruled ineligible on October 8th and hasn't practiced since then. I believe he is supposed to have a hearing sometime this week to see if he can play.

 

that was the last I heard, but knew he had a hearing coming up.

Why did he leave Pendleton? With Antrobus at Rowan he would've gotten a lot of playing time.

What was the reasoning to be ruled ineligible?

 

He has to prove that he did not move for athletic purposes, if I read the rule correctly, which is going to be hard to do. Also I don't think Pendleton County released him. Bylaw 6-2 says: "(1) these rules prevent and deter transfers due to recruiting or athletic reasons;" Full Bylaw: http://khsaa.org/handbook/bylaws/20152016/bylaw6.pdf

  • Author
Why did he leave Pendleton? With Antrobus at Rowan he would've gotten a lot of playing time.

 

Pugh left before the school year was over last year. Antrobus didn't transfer until the summer.

  • Author
He has to prove that he did not move for athletic purposes, if I read the rule correctly, which is going to be hard to do. Also I don't think Pendleton County released him. Bylaw 6-2 says: "(1) these rules prevent and deter transfers due to recruiting or athletic reasons;" Full Bylaw: http://khsaa.org/handbook/bylaws/20152016/bylaw6.pdf

 

yep. This will be pretty tough to prove in his case, I can assure you of that.

Pugh left before the school year was over last year. Antrobus didn't transfer until the summer.

 

Makes sense now. Thanks bud.

He quit the team at Pendleton during the season last year. Draw your own conclusions about the reason for the transfer

Why did he leave Pendleton? With Antrobus at Rowan he would've gotten a lot of playing time.

I think he made the decision before Antrobus moved. Coach Belcher didn't play him due to attitude issues. Also, does anyone know the full story of what happened when Pendleton and Augusta played at Augusta?

He has to prove that he did not move for athletic purposes, if I read the rule correctly, which is going to be hard to do. Also I don't think Pendleton County released him. Bylaw 6-2 says: "(1) these rules prevent and deter transfers due to recruiting or athletic reasons;" Full Bylaw: http://khsaa.org/handbook/bylaws/20152016/bylaw6.pdf

 

As usual when it comes to transfer issues, I'm somewhere between confused and baffled. Tanner Pugh's family changes addresses between seasons and folks consider his eligibility unlikely; Marcus Mullins' family changes addresses between seasons and -- if I understand the chatter correctly -- folks seem to think he'll play this season at Newport. I must be missing something.

yep. This will be pretty tough to prove in his case, I can assure you of that.

So, where does he end up next ??

  • Author
I think he made the decision before Antrobus moved. Coach Belcher didn't play him due to attitude issues. Also, does anyone know the full story of what happened when Pendleton and Augusta played at Augusta?

 

Tanner Pugh played last year...started several games actually. There were no attitude issues. at all. Tanner quit because he wasn't happy with his role on the team. This is 100% fact.

 

NOTHING happened at last year's PC/Augusta game, which was at PC.Nothing. I can promise that.

  • Author
As usual when it comes to transfer issues, I'm somewhere between confused and baffled. Tanner Pugh's family changes addresses between seasons and folks consider his eligibility unlikely; Marcus Mullins' family changes addresses between seasons and -- if I understand the chatter correctly -- folks seem to think he'll play this season at Newport. I must be missing something.

 

 

You cannot transfer for athletic purposes...address change or not.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.