Everything posted by Politician
-
Oldham County 61 Grant County 44
Grant had 2 very solid players this year in Carr and Anglin but they were 6ft. and maybe 5ft 10, you need some solid size.
-
Kentucky Indiana Junior All-Stars Invitations
Wow, if you saw all the Louisville guards and saw Grants games with the area they played in you are a traveling man. I wish I either had your money or your energy. Lol
-
Holmes 62 Covington Catholic 60
Wrong, South Oldam was a runner up also.
-
Holmes 40 Cooper 39 OT
Holmes usually has two of the quickest kids on the floor which makes them harder to guard and more apt to be fouled. Tell me, would you rather guard a quick or slow kid?
-
South Oldham 58 Oldham County 48 (8th Region Championship)
Not sure on how long he's been there, but he sure has matured. He had some very questionable calls in the first half but he kept his composure and didn't let it affect his decision making, then late in the game when he was trying to hold the ball players took some quick and questionable shots, shook his head in amazement, called timeout and calmly explained in a firm manner score and time without putting unneeded pressure on his players. Great job coach Simpson!
-
Oldham County 61 Grant County 44
From what I've heard if Grants bigger kids improve at all they will have a great chance at going to Rupp, but that's on paper the same way it was for Collins this year.
-
South Oldham 72 Simon Kenton 70
No reason to hate SK, they have split Oldam 3times and they still seem to win it on a regular basis. Imagine Scott county being split three ways, you think that might change their success rate just a little.
-
Oldham County 61 Grant County 44
BGCAT you seem quite sensitive about coach Hicks and the fact that a lot of people seem to think he plays favorites, that's the consensus up around the 9th region and the schools he has coached at before, but everyone has a favorite.
-
Kentucky Indiana Junior All-Stars Invitations
That's true and again as I said Carr played really good in the district, looks like he should have an outstanding senior year.
-
Kentucky Indiana Junior All-Stars Invitations
I now have watched the video and it was an awesome performance, but I am pretty sure none of the players from SK were invited to the tryout either, my reference was about the best in the state, not the 32nd district.
-
Kentucky Indiana Junior All-Stars Invitations
I am sure it is a group of people that is not near as basketball smart as we all are.
-
James Bolden or Dickie Beal???
Mr. Beal to this point is still the man, but Bolden has a great future.
-
10th Region All-Name Team
Let us hope someone has a Revelation.
-
Oldham County 61 Grant County 44
I researched rosters and was wondering how Hicks and whatever 5ft.10 4 man this squad would use to match up Combs and Bounds.
-
What player/players from 9 region last 20 years to play D1 Bball???
You have got to be kidding me, seems like yesterday.
-
Anderson County 64 Grant County 31
Wow, back to to back 30+point loses for the Lady Braves after the Walton win, does make that win look like a huge upset regardless of how you analyze it.
-
What player/players from 9 region last 20 years to play D1 Bball???
What about Scot Draud and Troy Mckinley.
-
8th region girls
Anyone have final scores or updates on 8th region girls games.
-
Kentucky Indiana Junior All-Stars Invitations
Some of the guards you name can shoot it but who are they going to guard.
-
Simon Kenton/South Oldham Predictions
Would be a shoot out, as neither team plays great man defense. Should be fun to watch, I am rooting for SK but I predict that SO wins by 11.
-
Kentucky Indiana Junior All-Stars Invitations
I've not seen Carr play but you will not get many allstar invites playing Grants schedule. I wonder if the list was out before or after the Oldam game. Helton over Mavis was probably the fact he is 6ft.5. Don't know about Carr, but Mavis probably isn't quick enough to score against the bigger, quicker guards in the state.
-
Walton Verona Vs Simon Kenton 32nd District Championship prediction thread
Advice! Don't put hard pressure on Mcneil 70 feet from the basket. Once in the front court just contain him and make him beat you from the perimeter, I would think by now most coaches would realize he will beat you from the free throw line. After 28 games I am truly amazed that coaches continue to insist their guards pressure him until he either gets past them for a layup or draws a foul.
-
Gallatin County 62 Owen County 53
Carlton quit a few games back.
-
Walton Verona 60 Grant County 48
Agreed WV made some good adjustments from the last time they met. They realized that guarding the Kinmon kid off the dribble was not the best way to go, their zone was very effective, he had the ball in the middle of the floor very little if at all. Grants youth really showed up last night, but I do think with a few adjustments they could be a real solid team next year. Good luck to WV in the future.
-
Simon Kenton 73 Williamstown 37
Sorry!!!! I was very wrong!