Walton Verona Vs Simon Kenton 32nd District Championship prediction thread

I think SK needs to do well in this game to set themselves up for the 8th Region, the two times these teams met this year SK won by 3 and 5.

SK needed a good all around game Vs Williamstown on Monday with the team not letting up and put a team away, they did that and about everyone on the team contributed. They showed they have progressed and are not going to back down or let up for any reason. Will this continue?

SK NEEDS Doss and Robe to step up in the same game and play like big men! Be a force inside! SK will go as far as these two will take them, and no one should out rebound these two! Having said that, when I first started coaching I was working an Adidas camp, and what Sonny Vaccaro said to me stuck, "Guards will win you Championships!" When SK won the AIT the guards all stepped up! in the semi's Chambers, Reilly and Sampson combined for 50, in the finals Vs Ashland they combined for 38, Ayers, Mullin and Rabe stepped up as well in the games in Ashland, but the guards all needed to step up to win this tourney.

WV played a nice game against Grant Co, and they will come to play.

Can SK do what they did Vs Williamstown and keep pulling away from WV? I am not talking about getting a 47 point lead, but keep building on their lead throughout the game, and possibly win this game by 20+.

During the season Walton had the lead in both games but lost it late in the 4th Q. Grant Co's pressure did not shake Walton's guards like I've seen in the past. If Walton can take care of the basketball and guard Sampson & Chambers it will be a close game.

Advice! Don't put hard pressure on Mcneil 70 feet from the basket. Once in the front court just contain him and make him beat you from the perimeter, I would think by now most coaches would realize he will beat you from the free throw line. After 28 games I am truly amazed that coaches continue to insist their guards pressure him until he either gets past them for a layup or draws a foul.

Advice! Don't put hard pressure on Mcneil 70 feet from the basket. Once in the front court just contain him and make him beat you from the perimeter, I would think by now most coaches would realize he will beat you from the free throw line. After 28 games I am truly amazed that coaches continue to insist their guards pressure him until he either gets past them for a layup or draws a foul.

I thought McNeil played a great game. He handled the pressure extremely well and got layups or fouls. He also sees the floor very well passing over the pressure allowing his teammates to get layups.

Great minds thinking alike? If your SK, don't let McNeil beat you from the free throw line. No reason to foul 60/70 ft from the basket. He can be defended straight up. Crash the boards and only give WV one shot- use your size advantage.

If your WV, value the ball and get a good one every trip. Limit the turnovers and get good looks.........

Agreed, however there are some younger players at SK who I would use to give him pressure, I think they can give him a run for the money. But we'll see that next year ;)