Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fatman

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Fatman

  1. Congratulations to the Royals on their first win since February 2009. It was an exciting game. Won on a 3 point shot by Andrew Wilhoit.
  2. If a frog had wings........
  3. Welcome to 16th region officiating.
  4. They are young, but play hard.
  5. The bylaws are in place. There is no exception to the transfer rule except those which are specifically listed. There is no exception in the bylaws to allow a player to transfer if they will testify against someone, or for any other reason not listed. By KAR the KHSAA does not have the authority to rule these players eligible. They are in violation of their own rules. That is the problem with the KHSAA, they make up rules as they go. Again I just want to say I don't have a problem with Corey and Keyle being found eligible. My problem is other players in the state are setting out being restrained by the rules.
  6. I'm not trying to argue against these kids being found eligible. I am glad for them. I am just saying if the KHSAA is not going to follow their own rule in this case. Don't hold others to the rule.
  7. You may be right, but again the bylaws don't allow for that to be used as an exemption.
  8. This is probably what occurred. The problem is that bylaw 6 does not allow for extenuating circumstances. The exceptions are clearly listed. Neither qualified for any of them. Don't get me wrong. I don't care that they are eligible. But why hold others to the rule.
  9. C.L. Thompson will be assisting as well.
  10. J.D. never played with Terry.
  11. My heart is again broken over this tragedy. I will continue to pray that God will continue to carry this family through this storm.
  12. And he got ejected. The first time that has ever happened in KY I guess.
  13. Rolltide, you didn't see the play. You don't know if he crossed the plate or not. I saw the play. I know the kid wasn't even close. I know the ump didn't see him touch the plate because the kid didn't touch it. Rose Hill lost the game because of errors committed earlier in the game. I'm not blaming this call at all for the loss. I'm just saying it was the wrong call. Bradley hit a great shot that I congratulated him on. Coach Roy was right to argue the call, under the circumstances. I also still believe the ump didn't have the guts to make the right call. As an official he doesn't have the right to agree or disagree with the rule. He has to make the call based on rule.
  14. So you advocate the umps throwing the rules aside to do what they think is right under the circumstances.
  15. It's not begging to expect enforcement of a rule. There is no question the batter missed the plate (by the way, it was a great hit). The rule is there for a reason. At the point Roy was arguing that call it was all he could do within the rules. The fact is this ump also ref's basketball games. He is rated as one if not the worse official in the 16th. He knew the kid didn't touch the plate and didn't have the guts to make the correct call. As far as him not getting the call on the bunt "after the fit he through on the home run", do you advocate not making the correct call because of an umps hurt feelings?
  16. Good draw.
  17. Congrats EC. Where was the game played?
  18. Congratulations EC. Good luck at Rupp.
  19. Every thread is a reason for Elliott Co. fans to laud and applaud their own.
  20. I was told earlier in the year by a 16th region official who has called for some time, that about 90% of the refs hate Rose Hill. He said they are open to bash their team, coaches, and administration. Although he doesn't believe they make bad call purposely, he does feel this bias enters into their officiating. I have tried to get him to report to the KHSAA, but he will not. The bottom line was the ref's were very bad, but Rose Hill still had a chance to win. Adjustments need to be made in the game. Mike Terry has to get the ball more during the game and not just at the end when the team is trying to come back. I thought he could have taken Skaggs on the block any time he wanted. When Bonner was guarding him they should have cleared the lane and let him beat him on the dribble. Turner, who is probably the most athletic player on the team, was also underused in this game. Congratulations to Ashland. I hope you get the help you recieved last night the rest of thw way through. You will need it.
  21. Congratulations EC. Who would have thought you would get bad officiating in the 16th region?
  22. Congrats to the boys. Beating West in Olive Hill is big. As RHmom pointed out in the prediction thread, I doubt we will hear from some posters who picked West.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.