Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

sportsnut859

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by sportsnut859

  1. E=3BREDS2B;3817277]It is pretty sad the way staff is being handled in Ludllow. Are decisions regarding coaching/staffing being made by the superintendent so he keeps his job? There are a lot of rumblings going on about the various reasons behind the changes that are being made. It is unfortunate, many well known names/families leaving this community to go to other schools that would not have several years ago. Superintendent said 2 years ago the Assistant Principal wouldn't have time for any additional duties. Now apparrently he has time to be the head basketball coach. Things are always Interesting at Ludlow.
  2. No finer man than Andy Christofield...
  3. OK if you say so..Maybe the administrators at the school feel the same way you do. Good luck to the Panthers and their new coach.
  4. Good hire by the Panthers but don't you think the txt message being sent out was a bit of an unconventional way to make this announcement? lol
  5. Txt message sent out by a Ludlow insider to several of his "cronies" saying that Steve Hart will be named the new Head Coach at Ludlow. Good job. A.B.
  6. Sources down at Ludlow have reported that Highfield resigned or was relieved of his AD duties sometime this week. :idunno:
  7. Reports out of Ludlow indicate that Cory Highfield either resigned or was relieved of his AD duties today.
  8. Another name to throw into the mix is Woody McMillen. He was the JV coach at Ludlow before Highfield and was past over the last time this position came open.
  9. :thumb:Good to hear. They would get a guy who works hard and knows how to get along with both parents and administrators. I think it would be nice to see how Stamm would do with far more talent on a yearly basis than he has each year in Ludlow and also have the opportunity to take his team to various tournaments around the state that they may get invited to. This is something that they don't allow at Ludlow for whatever reason.
  10. Has anyone heard any names being mentioned with this job. I will continue to say that Stamm from Ludlow would be perfect for this job.
  11. As far as I know it was just discovered.
  12. Last night as I lay in bed unable to sleep again I thought of something very reassuring to me. The following is the story: About 6 years ago when we were walking off of the football field after a long practice Jordan and I noticed one of the most beautiful scenes in nature. It was when there are just small breaks in the clouds on a cloudy day and the rays shine through very bright. When it caught our eye out of the blue Jordan tells me, "You see that? When I see that I know there is a god and a heaven." At the time it made little sense to me, but for some reason anytime I saw that sight I would never forget what he had said. On Friday night my father, little brother, and myself went to a baseball game at Lemker field in Ludlow. At about 6:30PM or so the sun broke throght the clouds and shined down over the city of Ludlow like it had the day Jordan told me what he did. I saw it thought about what he said, but didn't say a word. Suddenly my 12 year old brother said, " Dude, is that heaven right there or what?" At about that time the paramedics went flying past the field and I later found out that they were going to Jordan's home. That was in fact Jordan going home. It was heaven after all. I have found this very comforting. There is no way it was a coincidence that he said that 6 years ago, I never forgot it, and little brother brought up it being heaven on the day and just about time he passed. My friend is in heaven with god, and I couldn't be happier for him.
  13. I find it ironic that the nicest human being I have ever known passed because his heart was too large.
  14. I just recieved a text message informing me that Jordan passed due to an enlarged heart.
  15. This evening Ludlow football and the community lost a great person, coach, brother, son, and friend. Jordan Logan who had been an assistant coach for the past several years was found dead in his home. It was an apparent heart attack. Jordan was loved by many in the community and had just finished college. He expected to land a job at Ludlow for next school year and in the future become the head coach at Ludlow. He had more passion for Ludlow than I have ever seen in anyone. Jordan knew he was going to be the next coach to take Ludlow to state. With his hard work ethic and extreme knowledge of the game I believe he would have. All I can say right now is why? All I know is I'll see you again one day best friend! Rest in peace Jorddan.
  16. Congratulations on your graduation and good luck wherever you end up teaching and coaching.:thumb:
  17. Spoken like a true recent college graduate that has hopes of returning to his alma mater to teach and coach. Good luck with that:isurrender::ylsuper:
  18. Not at all arguing with you just clearing up some less than accurate comments you have made. I do agree that Adam Clary will end up with the job and I think given the proper amount time will do a great job.
  19. Umpiring several leagues for about 7 years now I agree with this. There are times when I get beat up doing a AA league game and think to myself, "what the heck am I wearing this thing for? I get hit everywhere it isn't." Then again that's why I make the big bucks I guess.:idunno::sssh:
  20. When the girls job came open 6 years ago there was a JV girls coach who was also a teacher in the district who was interested and was told he would not be considered. As for it not being an attractive job at the time I most certainly would have to say that the boys job is certainly not one to be thought of as an attractive job considering the record of the last 5 years.
  21. Drew is a great ball player. He is in on just about every play from the MLB position, but I even filmed for this team and can tell you the stats might be skewed a bit. He was everywhere on the field though. Good luck at TMC Drew, but get it done in the classroom first! I've seen a lot of players forget they're student athletes once college football starts.
  22. Ludlow has a few very young players that have been a pleasant suprise. Camerena has stepped up big for them is year as well as Timmy Helmer. Both will only get better with time. I believe Timmy is only a freshman. Kid has wheels, baseball smarts, and just hustles on and off the field. He will do big things in the future.
  23. :ohbrother:Ludlow has always had their own way of doing things and they don't like to be questioned about how they do things. Hopefully there will be someone on the SBDM that will ask to see the respective applications and maybe even be a part of the interview process. Look what the last done deal got us when they filled this position.
  24. ??? It was ok for them to hire Stamm as the girls basketball coach and then the baseball coach without him being a teacher or working in the building. Again look at the success he has had. This excuse sounds like something that would be floated around by the administration to try and justify passing over Stamm for someone else when they have a deal already made for someone else to take the job..
  25. Adam is a fine youngman and I'm sure the kids would respond favorably to him if he were to be the choice to lead the Ludlow program but I wonder what other experience he has besides being the J.V. coach for a year or 2. Coach Hart obviously has the track record from his Silver Grove days but as an administrator I wonder if he would have the time needed to be the Head coach. Again if Stamm is interested I would think he deserves serious consideration. He took a girls program that was very mediocre and won several Conference titles along with 3 regional appearances. He knows how to build a program from the elementary on up and does a great job of fundraising and building relationships in the community. Whomever ends up with the job has a lot of work to do and everyone needs to be patient and give him the proper amount of time to get the program headed back in the right direction. It has taken a number of years in decline for the program to reach this point and it won't be fixed overnight.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.