Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

zebraman

Premium Membership
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by zebraman

  1. But I am a jerk. lol
  2. Rule 9.4.3.h No Player shall grasp an opponants face mask or any edge of the helmet opening. Touching is not a penalty, grasping is. I have called offense for it, actually a Quarterback.
  3. No problem thanks for the question. So many problems generate from improper assumptions. So much better to ask and know. Thanks!!!
  4. The line of scrimmage is a shared responsibility between the two wings, the Linesman (Chains) and the Line Judge (Press Box Side) Either can enforce neutral zone issues all of the way across. However, there are times that it is difficult to see across the way due to field crowning and things of that nature.
  5. It really depends how the kicker kicks it as far as any leeway. I have seen rugby where the guy takes 3 or 4 steps to the right and kicks it. That is normal kicking motion full protection. But I have also seen where the kicker runs to the right as in a sweep deciding to run or kick. At that point there is more than "was he a kicker" there is also question of "reasonable uncertainity that he is going to kick it" Does that make sense?
  6. We each have certain keys and then certain things we watch for. An example after a long pass for an interception, the white hat will usually look down field with this "what happened" look on his face. That is because he has no idea there was an interception, he was watching the QB the whole time and seeing any hits on him and such. If my back judge calls a hold that is right in front of my umpire then two things, one the umpire had a much better view and saw no hold and two, who was watching the BJ's keys and areas while he was watchnig the center? 22 of them, 5 of us. Thanks for asking that question. Alot of people don't understand that and expect all 5 officials to see every foul. Helps to be able to explain.
  7. 7 Rowan County 5 Corbin 3 Allen Central 2 Prestonsburg 1 Johnson Central TB Rowan County
  8. It rates right up there with having a middle school state championship, in my eyes....
  9. "It's like Novacaine. Give it time, it always works." Herman Boone.
  10. 7 Allen Central 5 Harlan 3 Rockcastle 2 Clay County 1 Powell Co TB Allen Central
  11. And I believe a school called Ironton has a play book that only has 5 or 6 plays that have been effective for 30+ years as well.
  12. They keep it seperate to remind the coaches it is warm-up time not half-time talk time. At the Rules clinics for Head Coaches and Officials, it was mentioned that a study from Ohio State showed that 40% of all injuries requiring missing of games occur in the first 3 minutes of the second half. This is an effort to prevent injury. So, as stated above, when the 15 minutes expires, half-time adjustments are over and warm-up time is in progress. Also, as mentioned, it is an emphasis point from the National Federation this year.
  13. I heard an interesting stat a couple of years ago when Russell was loaded and a rebuilding Ashland team went into Henry R Evans and played it down to teh final seconds. If someone knows the actual stat, refresh me, but under Coach McGlone;s tenure at Russell (34 years) The Ashland Russell game has been decided by more than 7 points only twice. Someone please correct me if I am off a little bit here. I don't remember it completely but I knew I was really suprised.
  14. First off let me say, I am from Eastern KY and don't know anything about this game. With that said, is there a big todo about this game?? I am thinking that this game would be a sight to see if nothing else for the pre-game and perhaps half time shows. Do they do it up??
  15. 7 Johnson Central 5 Greenup Co 3 Lynn Camp 2 Jackson County 1 Fairview Tiebreaker Johnson Central
  16. Writing down.... pants..... required..... I won't miss that one, again!!!!
  17. Varisty are 12 minute Quarters JV are 10 mins Fresh at 8 mins Anything under grades 9-12 is at local discretion.
  18. Well that sucks apparently it is only on our side of the state. Maybe it is my officiating!!! lol
  19. I don't have a problem with 6 state champs. I have a bigger problem with the number of teams that get into the playoffs. As an example, should an 0-10 team get into the playoffs? If I did my counting correctly, there are 11 districs that only have 4 teams in them. Meaning after kickoff the opening night of playoffs, 44 teams are guaranteed play-offs.
  20. Just curious if this is going on all over the state. Several schools cancelling JV schedules and even a few cancelling freshman numbers as well because of lack of numbers. Is this going on elsewhere in the state?? Is it other sports? Is it video games? What is causing this to happen? Just curious for other thoughts..
  21. Now, how nice was that??? Such abuse and as good as I am to you.
  22. I have tried SEVERAL times and cannot read this whole message, every time I get to the point insinuating that you word hard and can't post, I start laughing so hard I get tears in my eyes and can't read. lol
  23. 7 Rockcastle County 5 Ashland 3 Prestonsburg 2 bath Co 1 North Laural Rockcastle Co
  24. 7 Ashland Blazer 5 Letcher County Central 3 Allen Central 2 Southwestern 1 Knox Central TB Ashland Blazer

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.