Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

shooter

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by shooter

  1. cshs81, You just can't trust them Conner people.
  2. I always get a kick when directions like these are given to someone who has never been there before. How are you supposed to know "where the BofE used to be"? :confused: It reminds me of some directions I once got from my father-in-law. " ...turn right about a mile before the road dead ends." :laugh:
  3. Shortly after NKy 4A expanded to 8 teams and the Lou 4A district swept the NKY 4A district, NKy 4A was told that Lou 4A was on another level and NKY 4A should get used to being swept because they would never be able to compete. NKY 4A said 3 of the 4 games were very competitive and NKY 4A wasn't that much behind Lou 4A. NKY 4A said they would get better but nobody believed then. When NKY 4A got better and split 2-2 with the Lou 4A district everybody said NKY hadn't proven anything by beating Ballard, Eastern, Shelby Co or Oldham Co because Trinity was the team you had to get past and no NKY 4A team had ever beaten Trinity. NKY 4A said they would get better and someday NKY 4A would beat Trinity. After NKY 4A went 3-1 in the first round against the Lou 4A district and beat Trinity in the second round last year, everybody is now saying that NKY still hasn't done anything because they haven't won a state title. I say NKY 4A is very comfortable being told what they can't accomplish and proving the "experts" wrong. NKy 4A is still improving and NKY will win a state title. Maybe it will be this year, maybe not; but it will happen and the time is not that far in the future.
  4. Just because an action is legal doesn't mean an action shouldn't be criticised. If the CEO of General Motors thinks it's in his best interest to drive a Toyota that's certainly legal. However, if I were a GM stockholder, I would want that CEO fired immediately.
  5. Exactly!!!! :thumb: I would also add that the apple didn't fall far from the tree.
  6. Certainly Coach Smith is a great coach but he also has had a great run of talent. Even if Coach Pardue is every bit the coach as Coach Smith, it's unlikely that the talent level will remain as high as it's been. I think he's got his work cut out for him. Coach Pardue doesn't have to win it every year but he does need to contend for a title. Otherwise Boyle will not be seen as a successful program (like Trintiy, St X. etc..) but will be viewed as a program that had success under Smith.
  7. Mitchell was a leading tackler on defense for CovCath last year so I would say he would qualify as a defensive star last year. However, he almost never touched the ball on offense. He hasn't really touched the ball very much for Highlands either but Highlands has given him the ball in the big games when it's mattered the most.
  8. Is that you or is it Joe Kiernan?:devil: :banana: Is everyone in the photo from Beechwood?
  9. So some of the facts of this situation include: 1. A RH supporter contacts 4 students who just happen to be excellent basketball players and enquires if they would like to attend RH. 2. Three of these four excellent basketball players are held back for "academics" reasons. 3. A player is enrolled in the 9th grade which is what grade you would expect him to be in given his chronological age. He is apparently passing because he is playing basketball and presumably academically eligible. He withdraws from school because he (and his mother) want him to be in the 8th grade. 4. An AAU coach agrees to help the player withdraw from the 9th grade so he can attend 8th grade and play on an AAU team with the other excellent basketball players. Viewing the situation from a distance, it's hard to believe that basketball isn't the primary motivation for the decisions that are being made by just about everyone involved. I'm sure you're going to tell me that it's not the case but that's what it looks like from the peanut gallery.
  10. Top 10 Reasons why the RU posted that noone should go out of their way to attend NCC He doesn't want to admit that Coach Schneider has about 200 more wins than Coach Yeagle. Jason was visiting his house and made the post on RU's computer while the RU wasn't looking. Oldbird convinced him that Silver Grove and Brossart have better football programs and anyone who lives in Campbell Co and is not attending Highlands should go there. Is embarrassed to admit that the current head coach of NCC has won more state titles than the current head coach of Beechwood. Never did like Frank Jacobs. He has been possessed by the spirit of BigRebel. Knows that anyone who is any good and lives in NKY is already being recruited by Highlands. (Including his son.) Has consumed a few adult beverages with Z5 and they're re-living their glory days as tigers. He's tired of discussing a player who probably won't be eligible to play next year anyway. He's trying to goad X into posting something he shouldn't so he can give him das boot!
  11. It's an issue because the KHSAA has specific rules about the eligibility of transfers. It's not as simple as just moving in with your brother who lives in Fort Thomas.
  12. I think that's very possible. But based upon my non-expert, non-legal, reading the rules and taking them for face value opinion, he would not be allowed to play for Highlands next year.
  13. When was the last time that happened?
  14. Yes. Or at least he did until all this transfer stuff started.
  15. I have a feeling that Coach Mueller has these bases covered but I thought I would ask.
  16. I don't know. That's why I'm asking. What constitues a "bonafide" change of address? How do you determine that the student isn't changing schools primarily for atheletic reasons? Does the KHSAA look at all instances of students transferring or does someone (SK administration?) have to challenge his eligibility before they will look into the matter?
  17. Does that mean that he has already been cleared to play for Highlands next year by the KHSAA?
  18. As I mentioned before, he has played WR, RB and DB. Competition at RB should be should be stiff next year at Highlands since they have a number of promising underclassmen RBs. Peterman (soph), Bionimi(sp?) (soph) and Ruby (frosh) and another fosh RB are all pretty good. Peterman saw plenty of varsity action last year. Since these other RBs have more muscle mass than Jordan they might be better able to take the pounding at RB. Turner is graduating but I believe Highlands also had a soph who was the #2 wide out last year. Perhaps Jordan will play some WR. However, I suspect he'll end up as a starting DB next year if he transfers and he is eligible to play. It's probably his best position.
  19. I don't know about other games but against Dixie he played CB with the first team defense and also saw action at WR with the first string O. After his older brother got hurt in the game he moved to RB where he ran the ball well.
  20. Is his family moving to Fort Thomas? I have no idea if these rumours are true. However, this isn't the first time that I have heard rumours of Jordan leaving SK. Those rumours were sometime ago, didn't involve Highlands, and were been based on things Jordan had said. Since he stayed at SK and has since played varsity football and basketball I had assumed that he would complete his high school carreer at SK. Why transfer now? I would put more weight in the rumours if they are based upon something his parents had said or done. Sometimes high school kids say things and it's difficult to tell if they are serious or if they are just talking. I would also assume that his parents would ultimately determine where Jordan goes to school.
  21. From the OHSAA web-site: 2. RESIDENCE A student is eligible at the school located in the OHIO school district where the parent or legal guardian resides when all other eligibility standards are met. If your parent/legal guardian lives outside of Ohio, you are not eligible unless you meet one of the exceptions to the residency bylaws. When there has been change of custody, the student must reside in the same school district with the legal guardian. So it would seem that, in general, to play in Ohio you must live in Ohio.
  22. If you live in NKy and go to an Ohio school are you allowed to play sports? In the mid-seventies when the Moeller program was at it's zenith, every year there were a few players who played and contributed to Moeller's success from NKY. I could be wrong but I thought that the Ohio HS athletic association passed a rule that said to play in Ohio you had to live in Ohio. I even thought the rule was nicknamed "the Moeller rule". Did they do away with this rule or was it a rule that was talked about and never passed? Now a few sidepoints (if I am not imaging things ). 1. I have always felt that you can trace CovCath's success in football to the arrival of Lynn Ray and the institution of the "Moeller rule". Most of the NKY players who played for Moeller would have played for CovCath. 2. You can trace Moeller's decent from the very best HS football program in the country to just one of the best in the Cincy area to rule changes by both the Ohio athletic assosciation and the archdiocese of Cincinnati which put limits on from where Moeller could draw players. The rise of Cin St. X is also related to these rule changes. 3. The Cleveland archdiocese has not put the same limitations on their schools and that is one of the reasons St I has become the preeminent HS program in Ohio replacing Moeller.
  23. It's not FBRules or NSR, I know what they look like.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.