Colerain 24 Glen Este 7

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What did they really prove though? A really good Glen Este team still can't beat a good Colerain team. That would give me any more confidence if im GE. Still can't get over the hump.

:laugh:

Highlands score. I bet GE would love to play Highlands!

You NKY football people are unreal. When comparing NKY AAAA to L-ville and Lex, what tier are you?

There are not set tiers in KY like in Ohio because of the sheer number of teams.

KY has the same 11 teams that win all the state championships and then another group that wins 1 or 2 championships and loses in a lot of semis and finals or is eliminated earlier than that by one of the 11.

In Ohio the truly good teams are a force year after year but often do not win a state championship, or a region, and may miss the playoffs entirely in some years because of the schedule/Harbins.

You NKY football people are unreal. When comparing NKY AAAA to L-ville and Lex, what tier are you?

I see you're still chapped about the Tier 3 reference.

GE will never be referenced on BGP again without that famous/infamous tag(fair or not).

There are not set tiers in KY like in Ohio because of the sheer number of teams.

KY has the same 11 teams that win all the state championships and then another group that wins 1 or 2 championships and loses in a lot of semis and finals or is eliminated earlier than that by one of the 11.

In Ohio the truly good teams are a force year after year but often do not win a state championship, or a region, and may miss the playoffs entirely in some years because of the schedule/Harbins.

You just love to bash the Harbins don't you....

Try those teams aren't good enough that year....period.

It is not like KY where T, X, H, Beechwood, NCC, Highlands, CovCath, Boyle are going to get in no matter how much their talent or coaching has slipped.

In OH, the teams have to EARN their way in every year by beating good teams that win games.

You just love to bash the Harbins don't you....

Try those teams aren't good enough that year....period.

It is not like KY where T, X, H, Beechwood, NCC, Highlands, CovCath, Boyle are going to get in no matter how much their talent or coaching has slipped.

In OH, the teams have to EARN their way in every year by beating good teams that win games.

I'm not bashing Harbins just stating facts. In Ohio you don't have to EARN your way in as much as you have to schedule properly. Surely the runner-up in the GCL EARNED their way into the playoffs........oh never mind they made the mistake of playing two bad teams at the end. Want to tell me what Fairfield's record would be playing Elder's schedule this year and would they be in the playoffs?

I'm not bashing Harbins just stating facts. In Ohio you don't have to EARN your way in as much as you have to schedule properly. Surely the runner-up in the GCL EARNED their way into the playoffs........oh never mind they made the mistake of playing two bad teams at the end. Want to tell me what Fairfield's record would be playing Elder's schedule this year and would they be in the playoffs?

If they didn't achieve enough points, they absolutely did not earn their way in.

Don't forget Lasalle's head coach playing the QB in the opening game 4th QTR blowout win and breaking his collarbone; they would obviously would have had a better shot to beat Northmont with Sheehan.

Fairfield played Elder to an even scrimmage by the way.

Elder coulda beat Massilon in the wonderful comeback, had St. Ed's beat in the 2nd half until they messed up 2 punts, took out the entire 1st team defense vs. Benedictine in a coaching tirade(justified or not-I have no idea) and barely lost. To assume Fairfield wouldn't have done better is presumptuous.

And a team certainly earns their way into the playoffs moreso than any team in KY or IN.

Teams have to beat good teams who win games; it is part of the job description to schedule good teams, unlike KY or IN. Everybody knows the rules going in. It is the best and most fair way possible. That is the facts.

When OH only had 4 teams get into the Region, I would have agreed with you; since they have gone to the top 8, it is perfect.